BD: Primary Education Dev. Program III - P113435
Directorate of Primary Education | Published October 5, 2016 - Deadline November 30, 2016
Procurement Of Furniture For School
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Name of Country:Bangladesh
Name of Project: Third Primary Education DevelopmentProgram (PEDP-III)
Credit number: 5552-BD
IFB Title:Procurement of Furniture for School
Package No.:GD 516 (Lot-1 - Lot-8)
IFB No.:38.151.180.007.128.00.399.2015-550; Dated: October 03, 2016.
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in UN Development Businessonline dated:11 October 2011.
2. The People's Republic of Bangladesh has receivedfunds from asmany as ten development partners including a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost ofThird Primary Education Development Program (PEDP-III) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds to paymentsunder the Contract for Procurement of Furniture for School: Chair, Table and Bench (Lot-1, Lot-2, Lot-3, Lot-4, Lot-5, Lot-6, Lot-7 and Lot-8) under Package No. GD 516for 5150 Government Primary Schools in 64 Districts.
3. The Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) now invites sealed bidsfrom eligible and qualified bidders for Procurement of Furniture for Government PrimarySchools.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International CompetitiveBidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines:Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits January 2011(revised July 2014), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries asdefined in theGuidelines.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information andinspect the Bidding Document fromthe address in para-13 below during office hours (09.00 to 17.00 hours, local time) on all workingdays (Sunday to Thursday) except government holidays up to one day prior to the deadline for bidsubmission.
6. Key qualifications requirements include:
(a) FinancialCapability: Minimum amount of liquidasset or working capital or credit facility is:
Lot 1: BDT 82.328 million or USD 1.042 million
Lot 2: BDT 137.894 million or USD 1.745 million
Lot 3: BDT 153.477 million or USD 1.942 million
Lot 4:BDT 124.545 million orUSD 1.576 million
Lot 5:BDT 76.246 million orUSD 0.965 million
Lot 6:BDT 66.82 million or USD0.845 million
Lot 7:BDT 119.757 million orUSD 1.515 million
Lot 8: BDT 41.333 million or USD 0.523 million
Bidders participating in multiple lots must have cumulativefinancial capability for the lots the bidder is participating.
The Bidder musthave experience of supplying of Furniture's of minimum 30% of quantity of the each LOTin a single or multiple contracts within last 5 (five)years counting from October 2011 to qualify foreach LOT
(c) Technical Capacity:
(i) If the bidder is themanufacturer
The minimum annual production capacity shall be at least 70% in quantity ofFurniture's of each LOT.
EachBidder/Manufacturer must have Furniture Manufacturing Machine/ Dice with ISO Certification. In this case the Location and detailaddress of the manufacturing plant must be provided with the Bid.
(ii) If the bidder is not the Manufacturer
Bidder shall demonstrate that it's manufacturer has the qualification of minimum annualproduction capacity of at least 70 %in quantity of Furniture for each LOT.
And it'smanufacturer must have Furniture Manufacturing Machine/ Dice with ISO Certification. In this case the Location and detail addressof the manufacturing plant must be provided with the Bid.
Bidders participating in multiple lots must have cumulative Experience and Technical Capability for thelots
7. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domesticallyshall be applied.
8. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a writtenapplication to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee BDT 3,000 or USD 40. The method of payment will be in the form of payorder in favor of "Director General, DPE & Program Director, PEDP-III" from any scheduled Bank in Bangladesh or in Bidderscountry acceptable to the purchaser.The biddingdocuments have to be collected from DPE upon purchase and bid submission shall be accompanied with original purchasereceipt.
9. Bids must be delivered to the addressbelow:
Room No.: 610, Floor: 6th floor, Building No.: 06
Ministry of Primary and Mass Education
Bangladesh Secretariat, City: Dhaka, Postal Code: 1000
The deadline for the submission of bidsis:
Date: November 30, 2016; Time: 2.00pm Bangladesh Standard Time (GMT + 6 hrs).
Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
10. Bids will beopened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend in person at the same place of bid submission 15minutes after deadline.
11. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security asper following table:
Bid Security Amount
GD: 516 (Lot-1)
or BDT 1.44 million or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
GD: 516 (Lot-2)
or BDT 2.4 million or equivalent in a freelyconvertible currency.
GD: 516 (Lot-3)
Or BDT2.7 million or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
GD: 516 (Lot-4)
Or BDT 2.2million or equivalent in a freely convertiblecurrency.
GD: 516 (Lot-5)
Or BDT 1.35 million or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
GD: 516 (Lot-6)
Or BDT 1.2 million or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
or BDT 2.1 million or equivalentin a freely convertible currency.
GD: 516 (Lot-8)
or BDT 0.725 million or equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
12. A Pre-Bid meeting shall be held at:
Multipurpose HallRoom (Groundfloor)
Directorate of Primary Education
Street Address: Section 2, Mirpur, City: Dhaka-1216
Date: October 20, 2016; Time: 11.00 am Bangladesh Standard Time (GMT + 6hrs)
13. The address referred for all correspondence is:
Attention: Director (Finance), Directorate ofPrimary Education
Floor/Room number: 6th Floor/Room # 710
Section 2, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
Telephone No.: +880-2-55074914
Fax: +880-2-55074904, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
F. M.Enamul Hoque
Directorate of PrimaryEducation
Section-2, Mirpur, Dhaka 1216,Bangladesh