Provision of Services to Coillte Ballintemple Nursery
Coillte Teoranta | Published September 30, 2016 - Deadline October 28, 2016
16100000, 16600000, 16800000, 77200000, 77230000, 77231000, 77231700
Coillte invites Expression Of Interest for provision of services to the Ballintemple Nursery which is a bare root forest tree nursery of approximately 130ha. Trees are produced on a 2-3 year growing cycle. On an annual basis approximately 16.5 million seedlings are transplanted, 14 million trees lifted and graded for sale and 22 million trees loaded for dispatched to customers. This proposed contract is to supply the appropriate labour and equipment resources to carry out a variety of tasks in Ballintemple Nursery which includes:
- Ground preparation (ground cultivation e.g. ploughing, sub soiling, tilling, stone collection etc.)
- Seed sowing (prepare beds, sow, grit and cover as required)
- Seedling Transplanting (under cut and lift seedlings, transport, track beds and line out)
- Irrigation (post sowing, pre/post lining and during final growing season)
- Lifting, crating and transport of trees to grading shed
- Grading and crating of trees
- Movement of crated stock by forklift into and out of storage including stock rotation management
- Chemical pre-treatment of trees against pine weevil
- Range of manual nursery tasks such as putting on and removing crop protection covers, handling bags of trees for storage and dispatch, hand weeding, general maintenance etc.
- Where appropriate general operatives must have received the appropriate level of training and be certified e.g. manual handling, forklift driving, tractor driving, chemical handling and application.
Further information on specification will be provided at tender stage.
To access pre-qualification documentation for this competition please log on to www.coillte.ie and click on the link to Coilltes' Supplier Management System (SMS) on the right hand side of the site, or click on the link below
• For suppliers already registered on the system use your username and password to login. Then follow the steps below to access the competition.
• New suppliers must firstly registe
Type of Contract: