28 June, 2016
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
RFP Number UNFPA/UZB/RFP/2016/002
For the establishment of a:
LONG TERM AGREEMENT
In regards to:
SUPPLY/PROVISION OF Catering Services to the UNFPA CO in Uzbekistan
Letter of Invitation
- The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an international development agency, is seeking qualified Bids for the provision of catering services to the UNFPA CO in Uzbekistan. Your company is hereby invited to submit your best Technical and Financial Bids for the requested catering services. Your Bid could form the basis for a Long Term Agreement (LTA) between your company and UNFPA.
- To enable your company to submit a Bid, please read the following attached documents carefully:
Instructions to Bidders
Terms of Reference
UNFPA General Conditions of Contract
UNFPA Special Conditions of Contract
Supplier Qualification Requirements
Bid and Returnable Forms
Template of Proposed Long Term Agreement
- The Bid process will be conducted through a TWO-envelope system. Interested Bidders are requested to submit their Technical Bid separately from their Financial Bid containing price information. Specific instructions for the submission can be found Section I – Instructions to Bidders, clause 19 Submission, Sealing and Marking of Bids.
- Bidders are requested to carefully read Section I – Instructions to Bidders, clause 19 Submission, Sealing and Marking of Bids, where detailed instructions of the submission process are provided. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to assure compliance with the submission process. If the envelopes or emails are not marked / submitted per the instructions, UNFPA will neither assume responsibility for the bid’s misplacement or premature opening nor guarantee the confidentiality of the Bid process. Incorrect submissions might result in your Bid being declared invalid.
All Bids comprising of Technical and Financial parts should reach the below and corresponding addresses no later than 29 July 2016, at 18:00 Tashkent local time.
- If you choose to submit your Bid in hard copy, your Technical Bid and Financial Bid should be submitted in separate, sealed envelopes in accordance to clause 19.3 Submission of hard copy Bids, and should reach the following address:
United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA Uzbekistan Country Office
14, M. Tarobiy Street, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Tel.: 120 68 99, 281 58 81/83
- If you choose to submit your Bid electronically, your Technical Bid and Financial Bid should be submitted in separate emails in accordance to clause 19.3 Submission of electronic Bids, should reach the email inbox of email@example.com Do not submit Bid documents to any other email address, sending the Bid to any other email address, including as a carbon copy (cc), will violate confidentiality and result in the invalidation of the Bid.
- Bids received after the stipulated date and time will be rejected.
- For interested bidders, UNFPA will conduct Pre-bid conference on 13 July 2016 at 10:00 a.m Tashkent local time in UNFPA Conference room, located at the address: 14, M. Tarobiy Street, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Tel.: 120 68 99, 281 58 81/83. The UNFPA focal point for the arrangement is Ms. Tatyana Nekhorina, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The representatives who choose to be present during pre-bid conference shall bring along reasonable evidence that they represent the potential bidder; e.g. business card, letter of authorization, etc. Written queries from suppliers may be forwarded to email@example.com prior to the conference. Responses to the written questions shall be given verbally during the conference.
All Bidders are encouraged to attend Pre-bid conference. Non-attendance, however, shall not result in disqualification of interested Bidders.Minutes of the Pre-bid conference will be posted on the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) website (www.ungm.org) and disseminated to the Bidders that have expressed interest with the contract, whether or not they attended the pre-bid conference.No verbal statement made during the conference shall modify the terms and conditions of the RFP unless such statement is specifically written in the Minutes of the Conference, or issued/posted as an amendment in the form of a Supplemental Information to the RFP.
- Bidders are asked to acknowledge receipt of this RFP using the Bid Confirmation Form Section VI – ANNEX A: Bid Confirmation Form. A completed Form should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 July 2016 and indicate whether or not a Bid shall be submitted. Bidders that will not submit a Bid are kindly asked to indicate the reason(s) for not bidding on the Bid Confirmation Form to help UNFPA improve its future Bid exercises.
- Any questions relating to the Bid process and/or to the attached documents shall be sent to: Ms. Nadejda Loginova, Programme Assistant, email@example.com, in writing no later than 22 July 2016, 06:00 p.m (Tashkent time).
Responses to all questions received will be handled in accordance to the instructions included in Section I - Instructions to Bidders, clause 8 Clarifications of solicitation documents. Do not submit a Bid to this contact, or your Bid will be declared invalid, as UNFPA will not be able to guarantee the confidentiality of the Bid process.
- UNFPA posts all Bids notices, clarifications and results in the United Nations Global Marketplace; hence, we strongly encourage Bidders to register on UNGM. The UNGM is the procurement portal of the United Nations system. By registering on UNGM, suppliers become part of the database that UN buyers use when searching for suppliers. The link describes the registration process: https://www.ungm.org/Public/Pages/RegistrationProcess
Suppliers can also access all UN Bids online and, by subscribing to the Tender Alert Service, suppliers can be automatically notified via email of all UN business opportunities that match the products and services for which they have registered. Instructions on how to subscribe to the Tender Alert Service can be found in the UNGM Interactive Guide for suppliers.
- UNFPA looks forward to receiving your Bid and thanks you in advance for your interest in UNFPA procurement opportunities.
- This letter is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with your company/institution.
Uzbekistan Country Office