Camp Pendleton Alongside Aircraft Refueling
Defense Logistics Agency, DLA Acquisition Locations | Published November 25, 2015 - Deadline January 4, 2017
This is a Sources Sought notice only. It seeks information from small businesses that can provide fuel services in support of MCAS, Camp Pendleton, CA. These services include; operation and maintenance of government fixed fuel facilities and aviation aircraft fuel services. Except as otherwise noted, the Service Provider shall employ best commercial practices and guidelines in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations to meet the requirements. No solicitation is being issued at this time. For reference purposes, this notice is numbered SPE600-16-R-5X05. The amount of information available at this time is limited. Specific requirements will be listed in the Performance Work Statement (PWS) which will be posted when the solicitation is issued. This sources sought is issued solely for informational planning purposes and market research in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10 and shall not be construed as a solicitation or obligation on the part of DLA Energy. DLA Energy is not seeking proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals. The solicitation for this requirement will be posted under a different notice number; that notice number will be posted on this page when it is available.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy, DLA Energy - FESAC seeks potential small business sources to perform services to include alongside aircraft refueling, maintenance of refueling and defueling vehicles, inventory accountability, ground product issues, product quality and environmental compliance at MCAS, Camp Pendleton, CA. Interested firms should be able to provide all personnel, equipment, tools, materials, supplies, and supervision necessary to issue, maintain quality, and account for petroleum products. No government equipment or facilities will be provided to the contractor at the Government-Owned, Contractor-Operated (GOCO) site. The government will award one firm fixed price contract from this solicitation. The performance period is four years with one five year option period beginning on or about 1 November 2016. Contract awarded is subject to FAR 52.222.41, Service Contract Act of 1965.
The proposed solicitation is being considered as a set-aside under the small business set-aside program. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is 493190 and the size standard is $27.5 million. The government is interested in the following small business categories to respond to this notice: Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, 8(a) Businesses, Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Businesses, and Service Disabled Veteran- Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs).
Responses to the sources sought notice shall not exceed 5 pages. The Government will use this information, in addition to other information obtained, to determine whether sufficient competition exists to set aside all or part of this procurement for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), HUBZone Businesses, 8(a) Businesses, or Small Businesses. Any information provided to the Government as a result of this notice is voluntary. The Government will not pay for any information submitted in response to this notice. All costs associated with this sources sought will be solely at the expense of the respondents. Additionally, all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. No basis for a claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this sources sought. All responses to this notice are to be submitted by 1500 hours local Ft Belvoir time on January 4, 2015. Only responses submitted via E-Mail will be considered. Please email all submissions to Michelle West at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Alex Cano at Alexandro.email@example.com.
Interested companies should address the following in their response:
1. Provide a company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history for the last 3 years, office location(s), DUNS/CAGE Code number, and a statement regarding current business status. Please note that registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is required for DLA Energy contractors.
2. Capability of qualified and experienced personnel, with appropriate clearances, if required.
3. Past Performance: Do you have past performance as a prime contractor or subcontractor on service contracts for similar alongside aircraft refueling requirements? If so, please provide the following: Contract Number, name of Government Agency or Commercial Entity, Period of Performance, Dollar Value, Type of Contract (Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, etc.), and an explanation of services provided as they relate to GOCO fuel management. If your firm acted as subcontractor or joint venture, name the prime contractor or other party, the specific work performed and percentage. Address any past performance problems, and resolution taken.
4. Do you anticipate any type teaming arrangement for this requirement? If yes, please address what kind of arrangement and what percentage of work, type(s) of service would you perform.
5. Does your company have experience with Service Contract Act of 1965 covered contracts? Does your company have experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)? Please explain any experience your company has had with labor unions.
6. Does your company have the financial capability and financial stability, and or adequate lines of credit to purchase fuel trucks and sustain and support a four-year contract (9 years with option) in the event there are delays with the payment process?
7. What realistic phase-in period would you require to commence performance with personnel, equipment, and materials?