TZ-Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Project - P123134
Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government | Published May 27, 2016 - Deadline June 20, 2016
Consultancy Services For Implementation Support And Capacity
Building To The Project Coordination Unit (pcu) In Po-ralg Under Dmdp
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
TENDER NO. ME/022/2015/2016/C/15
THEPROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FORIMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT AND CAPACITY BUILDING TO THE PROJECT COORDINATION UNIT (PCU) IN PO-RALG UNDER DMDP
DAR ES SALAAMMETROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)
IDA CR. NO.5585-TZ
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1. This request for expression ofinterest follows the General Procurement Notice for the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project that appeared in the UN DevelopmentBusiness online of April 22, 2015.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzaniahas received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the creditwill be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Provision of Consultancy Services for ImplementationSupport and Capacity Building to the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) in PO-RALG under the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project(DMDP), coordinated by the President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG).
3. The overall objective of the Consultancyservices is to; (i) provide technical support and quality assurance to PO-RALG's PCU and the respective MC PIUs and supervisionconsultants and contractors they engage to implement sub-projects); (ii) assist and advise the PCU in overall project monitoringand reporting utilizing, where necessary, the monitoring and reporting carried out by the respective PIUs and their supportconsultants; (iii) assist and advise the PCU in drafting Termsof Reference of key Component 3 studies including metropolitan governance;local government revenue collection and GIS;integrated transport andland use planning (in concert with DART and other key agencies/stakeholders as necessary), and; other urban studies and includingComponent 4 feasibility studies.
4. The Consultant's team will provideimplementation support, capacity development, and awareness building to achievethe Aims and Objectives outlined earlier.Specifically, the consultant will (i) provide technical support to ensure that project implementation will fully comply with allWorld Bank policy and operational requirements (ii) advise on the coordination of activities between all 4 components to ensure consistency and common reporting formats and assist thePCUand the PIUs in preparation of regular reportsto GoT and the World Bank and NDF where necessary; (iii) design and conduct capacity strengthening programs for respective PIUsstaff; (iv) carry out overall sub-project monitoring and regular environmental and social (Resettlement Action Plan - RAP)monitoring as required by GoT and World Bank; (vi) advise on content, drafting of TORs and the selection process for the variousinstitutional studies to be carried out under the DMDP; (vii) develop and deliver training to staff of the PCU, PIUs and relevantMC departments as necessary.
5. The Consultant's team will compriseinternational and national experts who will work together with, assistand advise the PCU and the executing agencies, implementingagencies,and PIUs in project implementation support, management of city-wide studies, capacity development, and awareness building.The consultant'steam members will include but not be limited to the (i) Municipal/Infrastructure Engineer with general experience in Financial Management, Procurementand M&E (Team Leader); (ii) Urban Planner & GIS Expert; (iii) Environmental Expert; (iv) Socialand Resettlement Expert; and (v) Others (short term) such as Transport/Land Use Planning, etc.
6. The PermanentSecretary, PO-RALG, now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services.Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experienceto perform theServices. The short listing criteria are: (i) general experience in provision of technical support and capacitybuilding activities in institutions, organizations, government agencies, etc.; (ii) specific experience in provision of technicalassistance and advice to project/program implementation units/agencies in quality assurance to implementation processes,supervision consultancies, contractors, project monitoring & evaluation, project reporting systems, preparation ofreport,closing of projects, etc.; and (iii) drafting of Terms of References for feasibility studies, studies such as onmetropolitan governance; local government revenue collection and GIS; integrated transport and land use planning, and other urbanstudies. Information to be provided should include name of assignment, name and full contact address of the client,role of consultant if lead, joint venture or sub-consultant, input of theconsultant in the assignment, assignment value, duration,dates/period of execution of assignment, etc.
Firms may associate with other firms in the formof a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. This is not a request for proposals (RFP). After areview of the expressions of interest, a shortlist will be prepared and the short-listed consultants will be invited to submittheir proposals through a letter of invitation including specific terms of reference. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank'sGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loansand IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [current edition] ("Consultant Guidelines"), settingforth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. A consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) methodset out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Interested consultants may obtainfurther information at the following address during office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. local time from Monday to Friday,excluding public holidays: ProjectCoordinator, Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project(DMDP), 4th Floor, LAPF Millennium Towers,Kijitonyama, P.O. Box 34314, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania, Telephone+255-22-2700769, Fax: +255-22-2700768, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. The deadline forsubmissionof Expressions of Interest is on Monday, June 20, 2016 at10:00 a.m. local time, to be addressedto the Secretary, Ministerial TenderBoard, President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Benjamin Mkapa Building, Ground Floor,Office of the Procurement Management Unit (PMU), Room No. 2, P.O. Box 1923, Dodoma,Tanzania. Expressions of Interest should be submitted in writing and haveto be enclosed in plain sealedenvelopes. Expressions of Interest sent by post must be registered. Envelopes containing Expressions of Interest must be clearly marked "STATEMENT OFEXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR IMPLEMENTATIONSUPPORT AND CAPACITY BUILDING TO THE PROJECT COORDINATION UNIT (PCU) IN PO-RALG UNDER THEDMDP".
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION ANDLOCAL GOVERNMENT,
P.O. Box 1923,Dodoma.
Tel: 026-2321607/ 2322853/2322848
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org