PK Sindh Public Sector Management Reform - P145617
FINANCE DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF SINDH | Published August 11, 2015 - Deadline September 10, 2015
Consultancy Services To Explore Alternative Survey
Methodologies In Sukkur, Conduct Professional And Property Tax Survey, And Develop
Provincial Digitization Model.
GOVERNMENT OF SINDH
(ECONOMIC REFORM UNIT)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -FIRMS SELECTION)
NAME OF PROJECT: SINDH PUBLIC SECTOR MANAGEMENT REFORM PROJECT
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA Credit 5584-PK
Assignment Title: ConsultancyServices to explore alternative survey methodologies in Sukkur, conduct professional and property taxsurvey, and develop provincial digitization model.
Reference No. (As per ProcurementPlan): FD/ERU/4-51/2015 PROC/ACTIVITY NO (1)
1. Finance Department, Government of Sindh has received a part financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the SindhPublic Sector Management Reform Project Loan No. ? 5584-PK and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services forexploring alternative survey methodologies in Sukkur, conduct professional and property tax survey, and developing provincial digitization model.
2. The consulting services (the Services) include i) Developing IT system for creating and updating base record of property taxand professional tax based on IT compatible field survey of Property tax and Professional Tax integrated with GIS survey ofproperty. ii) Update the existing computerizedvaluation list of all units having relevant data. iii) Produce a transparentvaluation list of property tax, which records details of all properties to be assessed under the Sindh Urban Immoveable PropertyTaxAct by conducting door to door survey. iv) Conceptualize and deploy effective, low cost surveying techniques utilizing ICT ofall properties in the district for the Professional and Property Tax. v) Estimate the impact of deployed survey techniques inincreasing revenue and collection efficiency from thedistrict. vi) Propose effective changes in existing provincial software for property tax to integrate lessons fromexperimental survey techniques. vii) Draft detailed suggestion for model professional and property tax system in the district derived from ICT interventions aimed atincreasing efficiency, collection and monitoring of department functions. viii) Estimate increasedtax collection based on therevised survey in Sukkur and extrapolate this to the entire province conducting the cost benefit analysis of the survey conducted.ix) Conduct feasibility study and propose implementation strategies (for training, capacity building, and maintenance), changemanagement and cost structure for replication/expansion of proposed model professional and property tax system to entire provinceof Sindh. x) Propose effective/ simplified implementation methods for computerized billing and collection of taxes after completion of surveyand revaluation. Detailed terms of reference are available on FD's website www.fdsindh.gov.pk
3. EconomicReformUnit, Finance Department, Government of Sindh now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate theirinterest in providingthe Consultancy Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have therequired qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The Expression of Interest (EoI) must include profile of the firm along with last three years financial audit reports, firmregistration certificates and tax registration certificate. Shortlisting will be based on:
a. Documented experience in carrying out at leastfive (5) large-scalesurveys of comparable scale and complexity within a stipulated time using ICT-tools for accuracy of data collection.
b. Relevant and recent experience with developingappropriate IT basedsolutions for similar projects, its analysis andreport
c. Overall managerial capacity of thefirm.
d. Upto date clearance Certificate inrespect of Professional Tax payment.
4. The attention of interestedConsultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans andIDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January, 2011,setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
5. Consultants mayassociate with otherfirms in the form of a joint venture or consortium or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
6. A Consultant will be selected inaccordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the World Bank Guidelines:
7. Further information can be obtained at the addressbelow during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours. EoI must be delivered in a written form to theaddress below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by September 10, 2015 before16:00 hours.
Economic Reform Unit, Finance Department; Government of Sindh
Program Officer (RCU), Economic Reform Unit, Finance Department, Government of Sindh
Room No. 131, 6th Floor, Finance Complex, A.K Lodhi Block
Kamal Atta-Turk Road SaddarKarachi
Phone: 92 21-99222115
Fax : 92 21-99222190