NP: Second HNP and HIV/AIDS Project - P117417
Department Of Health Services | Published June 7, 2015 - Deadline June 8, 2015
Procurement Of Hospital Equipments
Government of Nepal
Ministry of Health andPopulation
Department of HealthServices
Logistics Management Division
Nepal Health Sector Program- II
Cr. 4707-NEP &Gr. H 557-NEP
Invitation for Bids
IFB No: NHSP-II/DOHS/G/ICB-72//2014-15
PROCUREMENT OF HOSPITAL EQUIPMENTS
Date of first publication: 23 April2015
1. This Invitation for Bidsfollows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 790 of 31 16 January 2011.
2. The Government of Nepalhas received a grant/credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Nepal Health Sector Program- II, andit intends to applypart of the proceeds of this grant/credit to payments under the Contracts for the Procurement of HospitalEquipments (Contract Identification No.: NHSP-II/DOHS/G/ICB-72/2014-15) at Central Medical Store, Teku,Kathmandu in the fifteen(15) slices. Bidding is open to all eligibleBidders.
3. The DoHS now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for:
Description of Goods to beSupplied andInstalled
Bid Security AmountNPR.
USG Machine, Portable
Oxygen Concentrator (O2Concentrator)
PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)Machine for Dengue & Chikungunya
CO2 Cylinder with CryoMachine
SQA (Sperm QualityAnalyser)
CLIA (Chemiluminescence Immunoassay)Hormones Analyser Machine
Therapeutic ERCP (EndoscopicRetrograde Cholangiopancreatography) Scope
Bidder may submit the bid for single or more slicesand offerdiscounts/cross discounts. Evaluation will be done slice by slice basis, with contracts awarded based on the award combination that is of least cost to the Purchaser.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Biddingprocedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits May 2004, Revised on October 1,2006 and May 1, 2010, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in theGuidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from theoffice of LMD, DoHS at theaddress mentioned below and inspect the bidding documents during office hours, i.e., 10:00 to 17:00 hoursor, may visit LMD website(www.dohslmd.gov.np) and PPMO website (www.bolpatra.gov.np). Interested bidders must first register on the PPMO website to accessthe document and choose the electronic bidding procedure.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be downloaded from the PPMOwebsite or LMD website or be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below andupon payment of a non-refundable fee of NPR 10,000.00 or USD 100.00. The methodof payment will be in the form ofcash deposit certificate in Revenue Title no 14227, Office code no. 27-370-11, Account no.1-1-001of Rastriya Banijya Bank,Teku Branch. Foreign Bidders may also paythrough a bank draft in favor of the Logistic Management Division (LMD), or may receive the (numbered) Bidding Documents from theLMD against Cash Payment, for which a signed and stamped receipt bearing the number of the document will be issued. The Documentswill be available at LMD at the address below from.23 April 2015 until 7 June2015, 17:00 Hours (Nepal Time).
If requested in writingand on payment of an additional non-refundable fee of USD 50.00 or NPR 5,000.00 per set, documents shall be sent through a reliablecourier service. The LMD however will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery of the documents sosent.
7. For the purpose who choose to submit their bid electronically throughe-procurement section ofPPMO website: http://www.bolpatra.gov.np, the bidders may either purchase the hard copy ofbidding documents or may chooseto download the necessary part of bidding documents, prepare their bids and submit their electronicbids as specified in the Instructions to Bidders. In case of bidder who choose to download and submit bid electronically, thebidder shall be required to deposit the cost of bidding document as specified above in the above mentioned Account No. of LMD atRastriya Banijya Bank, Teku Branch and electronic scanned copy (pdf format) of the Bank deposit voucher/tele transfer receipt shallalso be submitted along with the electronic bid files.
8. Sealed Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00Hours NST of 8 June2015. Alternatively, bidders may submittheir bid electronically through e-procurement section in PPMO website: http://www.bolpatra.gov.np, before theabove deadline and as specified in the Instructions to Bidders. Documents received after this deadline shall not beaccepted
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who chooseto attend at the address below at 13:00Hours on 8 June 2015. Bid must be valid for 120 days from the date of bid opening and must be accompanied by a BidSecurity of above mentioned amount or equivalent in a freely convertible currency. Bid Security should be valid for 28 days beyondthe bid validity period (i.e., valid up to 2 Nov 2015). The Bid Security shall be in the name of the Bidder and in the case of a Bid Security issued by aforeign bank, the same shall be counter guaranteed by a Class "A" Commercial Bank in Nepal. If bidder wishes to submit the BidSecurity in the form of cash, the cash should be deposited in Dharauti Account no 1700203 in favor of Department of Health Services atRastriyaBanijjya Bank, Teku, Kathmandu and should submit the original receipt of the deposited amount of cash along with theBid.
10. If the last date of biddocument purchasing andbid submission/opening falls on a Government holiday then the same time on the next working day shall beconsidered for such events. In such case the validity of bid and bid security shall be considered from already specified last datefor bid submission.
11. In the case ofdiscrepancies or error in Bid Documents, Bid notice or any other document, the DoHS reserves the rightto amend and correct at anytime.
12. DoHS reserves the rightto accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the bids without assigning any reason, whatsoever.
13. A pre-bid meeting will be arranged at following address on 21 May 2015 at 11:00 AM. Biidders are requested to attend onthe meeting.
14. The address referred to above is:
Department of Health services (DoHS),
Ministry of Health &Population (MoHP)
Teku Road, Pachali Teku,Kathmandu,Nepal
Tel: +977- 1-426 1768, Fax: +977- 1-426 1413
Government of Nepal
Ministry of Health and Population
Department of Health Services
Logistics Management Division
Refer to IFB No. NHSP-II/DOHS/G/ICB-72/2014-15, Procurement of HospitalEquipment
AMENDMENT OF BIDDING DOCUMENT
Dated: June 6, 2015
Addendum No. 1
Referring to the Invitation for Bids Notice published on the Rising Nepal dated 23 and 24 April2015, following amendments have been made.
1.1 Section III, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria - 4. Post-qualificationRequirements B) If Bidder is not Manufacturer (Page No. 43) : Following criteria hasbeen added after (ii):
(iii) Financial Capacity:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that itmeetsthe following financial requirements:
a. The average annual turnover (defined as the total payments received) during the last three yearsmust be equal to the evaluated and calculated bid amount.
If the bidder has quoted the lowest for multipleslices and it's financial capacity is not sufficient forallquoted slices, it's evaluation and decision for the award will be done on the basis of the lowest cost to the purchaser.
The bidder must submit audited balancesheet of lastthree years.
1.2 With effect from the above amendment, the following dates for purchase of bidding document and submission of bids are changed asfollows:
Last date and Time of Document Purchase : June 14, 2015; 17:00 Hours (NST)
The deadline for the submission of Bids : June 15, 2015; 12:00 Hours (NST)
Bid Opening Date and Time : June 15, 2015, 13:00 Hours (NST)
The bid validity, Bid Security validity and all otherdatesmentioned on the document will remain same.