NG-Lagos Urban Transport Project 2 - P114762
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) | Published July 23, 2015 - Deadline October 5, 2015
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (lamata)lagos
Urban Transport Project (lutp)supply & Installation Of Its-bus Control
Centerinvitation For Bids (ifb)
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority(LAMATA)
Lagos Urban Transport Project (LUTP)
Supply & Installation of ITS-Bus ControlCenter
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Contract No: LAMATA/WB/GEF/LUTPII/PT/GC/ICB/02/15)
IDA Credit No.: 4767 -UNI .
1. This Invitation for Bidsfollows the General Procurement Notice for this Project titled NG Nigeria-LUTP-II (FY10) that appeared in dg market publication of July 16,2010.
2. The Lagos State Government has received aCredit from the International Development Association towards the cost of Lagos Urban Transport Project (LUTP II), and it intendsto apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for the Supply & Installation of ITS-Bus Control Center.
3. The Lagos Urban TransportProject (LUTP) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Supply & Installation of ITS-Bus Control Center. The details are as follows;
Brief Job Description
Implementation Period (Months)
Amount of Bid Security
Bid Validity Period (Days)
Minimum Average Annual Turnover
Supply & Installation of Intelligent Transport System (ITS) Comprising PublicTransport Database, Bus SchedulingSoftware, Automatic Vehicle Location System, Fleet Management System and Real Time Passenger InformationSystem and others, as wellas the establishment of a Bus Control Centre as specified in Volume 2 of this document in Support of Bus Operations in Lagos State(BRT Mile 12 ? CMS, BRT Extension Mile 12 to Ikorodu and Maryland-Ikeja-Iyana Ipaja-Igando-Ikotun Bus Franchise Scheme (BFS)Corridors).
The scope of works is detailed in section II ? Description of the Systems for which bids are invited The bill of quantities, and specification for this project are as provided in detail in the Technical Requirements (Volume2).
4. Bidding will be conducted through theSupply & Installation of Information Systems procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines:Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the BiddingDocuments.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Lagos Urban Transport Project (LUTP) andinspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8 am to 4pm Mondays through Friday fromJuly 23,2015.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
· The system integrator/lead contractor must possess and submit verifiable documentary evidences ofcoordinating large scale projects comprising integration of multiple systems involving multiple contractorssimilar in nature andcomparable to the proposed ITS project.
· During the past seven (7) years, the Bidder/Consortium must have completed two (2) successfulcontract involving the Supply, installation, and provision of technical support for Information Systems of similarfunctional/technical characteristics (e.g., Bus scheme of at least 50 buses on at least 5 separate routes)."
· The Bidder must demonstrateannual turnover and liquidity of at least the amount stated in the table in paragraph 3 above.
· A margin ofpreference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall notbe applied.
A complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on thesubmission of a writtenApplication to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) or its equivalentin US Dollars in Bank draft payable to LAMATA. Interested Bidders may obtain further information at theaddress below.
Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10.00 AM, October 05, 2015 Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids willbe rejected. Bids will be opened physically inthepresence of the bidders' representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below by 10 AM on October 05,2015
All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of the amount in the tablein paragraph 3above.
The address referred to above is:
LagosMetropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA)
Block C, 2ndfloor, LAMATA Boardroom, Motorway center,
1, MotorwaysAvenue, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos State