MM:Telecommunications Sector Reform - P145534
Post and Telecommunications Department | Published October 17, 2014 - Deadline November 3, 2014
Financial Management Specialist
REQUESTFOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
TELECOMMUNICATIONSSECTOR REFORM PROJECT
Credit No.: 5353-MM
Assignment Title:Financial Management Specialist
Reference No.(as per Procurement Plan): C 4.2
The Government of theUnion of Myanmarhas receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Telecommunications Sector Reform Project,and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services("the Services") include supporting the Ministry of Communications Information Technology (MCIT) in all financial management (FM)aspects of the Project. The main objective of the FM service is to provide financial management support, directly reporting to theProject Director (PD). His/her duties will be to have overall financial management responsibility for the project; ensuring thatthe project has a satisfactory and adequate FM system; is able to prepare accurately record accurately all transactions undertakenby the project; prepare timely and accurate financial reports for the projects. Specifically his/her tasks will include but not belimited to the following:
· Providing support and sound technical advice to PD on all aspects offinance, internal control and accountability.
· Supervising all budget preparation and implementation, financereports and accounts recording required under the project are actually carried out in timely manner and provide guidance to theproject on same.
· Ensuring timely and efficient administration of allocated fundsinaccordance with the approved work plans and the applicable financial regulations, rules and resolutions. Also monitor to ensuresmooth flows of funds from Bank to the project and recommend improvements where required, also ensure that appropriate proceduresare followed.
· Assisting with the preparation of the annual and quarterlydisbursement forecasts.
· Assisting with the preparation of the projects consolidatedfinancial reports for inclusion in the Financial Statements and Reports to be submitted to Project Steering Committee, PD and theWorld Bank as per the terms of the Financing Agreement.
· Assisting the PD to implement and update the project implementationmanual (PIM) incorporating all financial control and segregation duties for the project activities related to financialtransactions and reporting.
· Oversee the preparation of an IT needs assessment consideringuserrequirements and specifications for an FMIS system for the medium term that is aligned with what is planned for computerizationunder the broader PFM reforms. It is expected that at least initially the accounting for the project itself can utilize theexisting manual systems. However, it is likely that some PC's and standard office software will need to be procured.
· Carrying out assessments and provide necessary advice and guidelineto PD on financial management capacity of the other institutions that are proposed to receive any funds flow from the project undernon consulting services for the purpose of the project.
· Assessing the need for additional financial monitoring reports underthe project, and track project progress in relation to overall budget allocations and spend under each components/subcomponents.
· Continually assess fiduciary risks and report any concerns to thePD.
· Assisting the PD to ensure compliance with the laws, rules andregulations of the concerned Ministries, Governments and the Financing Agreement with the World Bank.
· Supervising the work of other personnel to be engaged for dealingwith financial matters of the project.
· Carrying out training needs assessment for MCIT/PTD FM staff,develop a training program and help train the staff as part of the capacity development of MCIT/PTD.
· Preparing or ensuring that the required annual financial statementsare prepared and liaising with Office of the Auditor General of the Union to ensure the audit of project are done on timely basisand copies submitted to the Bank.
Financial ManagementSpecialist (FMS): The FMS should be a qualified Accountant (CPA or ACCA) experienced in a supervisory position on financialmanagement in any government/semi government organization or development projects. The FMS should have IT knowledge includingthorough understanding on government accounting, budgeting and auditing system.
· Knowledgeable in Government of Myanmar (GOM) budgeting, fund releaseand reporting formalities, World Bank's financial management and disbursement procedures.
· Have had hands on experience in MS office and economic accountingsoftware available in the market.
· Proven track record of ability to design accounts hierarchy tableand development of charts of accounts.
· Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to workindependently as a team player and under stress.
· Strong and proactive interpersonal communicative skills, experiencein team leadership and participatory management.
· Ability to develop financial management guidelines and imparttraining to the project staff on financial management system.
Total duration of theassignment is estimated to be about twelve months starting October 1, 2014, subject to satisfactory performance to be evaluatedannually. The workingoffice will be at MCIT, Nay Pyi Taw.
The MCIT now inviteseligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants shouldsubmit their resume and provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience toperform the Services.
The attention ofinterested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants underIBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowersdated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth theWorld Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will beselected in accordance with the "Individual Consultant" method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information canbe obtained at the address below during office hours 0930 to 1630 hours.
Expressions of interestand resumes must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by November 3, 2014.
Ministry ofCommunications and Information Technology
Post andTelecommunications Department
Attn: Mr. Than HtunAung, Building Number 2, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Tel:+95 67 407435, +9567 407640
Fax: +95 67 407539
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; thanhtunaung@mptngw.