SO-Pub Financial Management Capacity Str - P151492
Ministry of Finance | Published September 7, 2015 - Deadline October 19, 2015
Procurement Of An Integrated Financial Platform- Facts
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
PROCUREMENT OF AN INTEGRATED FINANCIALPLATFORM
(Core Banking System & AccountingSystem)
"Financial Accounting Control and Transactional System" (FACTS)
IFB No: CBS/PFMII/ICB/2015/0054
Second Public FinancialManagement Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID No: P15492
Grant No.: TF#0A0388
Purchaser: Central Bank of Somalia
1. The Government of Somalia has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA)(hereinafter called "Grant") toward the cost ofFinancial Sector Strengthening Project (FSSP) and it intends to applypart of theproceeds of this Grant to payments under the agreement(s) resulting fromthis IFB: Implementation for an integrated financial platform (Core Banking System (CBS) & Accounting System (ERP))
2. The Somalia Reconstruction and Development Services on behalf of the Central Bank of Somalia now invitessealed bids from eligible bidders for the project Implementation of an integrated financial platform. The CentralBank of Somaliaserves as the implementing agency for the project invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders to design, develop and customize anIntegrated Financial Platform, The Financial Platform is requiredto integrated functionality of the Core Banking Solution and theEnterprise Resource Planning (CBS- ERP) and its surrounding in a single system ? not two separate but integrated systems. TheBidder should be capable of providing a total integrated solution and for implementing the integrated platform as a turnkey,including but not limited to providing of required hardware, database, middleware, virtualization, network, facility management,third party utilities, testing, providing interfaces and professional services required the Financial Platform andother associatedapplications.
3. The CBS Financial Platform will be implemented as an integrated package plus operational support underwhich the bidder will be completely responsible for providing the necessary application services for running theintegratedplatform, train, customize, implement, rollout and maintain the infrastructure and network connectivity for all theoffices and branches/agencies (if available), including but not limited to the Data Centre(s)and DR site(s) for the entire periodof the contract and at least 12 months of post implementation support that ensuring a careful management of the transition from thecurrent state to ensure a smooth transition with minimal disruptions as well as to avoid any unnecessary resistance tochange.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International CompetitiveBidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits dated May 2004and revised in October 2006 and January 2011 and is open to allBidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet thefollowing minimum qualification criteria indicated below.
5. Minimum qualification requirements for Bidders are:
a. Financial Capability for theBidder
The Bidder must furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s). In the case of a Joint Venture, the Partner in Chargemust meet at least 40 percent of thefinancial criteria and each other partner must meet at least 25 percent.
i. Average Annual Turnover within the last three (3) years not less than: 5,000,000 USD.
ii. Access to liquid financial resources such as cash balancesor lines of credit in amount of at least of 1,000,000 USD.
b. Experience and Technical Capacity forthe Bidder
i. The Bidder must haveimplementation an IntegratedFinancial Platform and development services for Central Bank and relevant integration and operationservices covering software, hardware and communications networks for at least five (5) years worldwide.
ii. During the past five(5) Years, the Bidder must have completed at least three (3) successful contracts involving the supply, implementation and supportof national or private sector a financial platform, of similar functional/technical characteristics and of a comparable scale,preferably in a post conflict environment.
iii. The proposed system/technology must be operational in atleast three (3) other countries, preferably similar to or larger than Somalia.
iv. At least one (1) existing live installation of the proposedintegrated system must have been implementing
c. Bidder's Legal Requirements
i. The Bidder shallbe properly established in its country oforigin. Failure to comply with these requirements shall result in rejection of the Joint Venture's bid. Subcontractors' experienceand resources shall not be taken into consideration.
6. A pre-bid Meeting may be attended by all companies, which have previously registered will be held inNairobi Kenya. The planned date of the pre bid meeting is September 21, 2015 at 10 AM, Kenyan time.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be downloaded from www.centralbank.gov.so. Prior registration is required for attending thepre-bid conference, submitting clarification questions on the bidding documents and receiving automaticnotice of answers and ofaddenda to the bidding. The downloadableversion of the bidding documents, and any addenda to it, will be the binding version. Prior registration can be done by submittinga request at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of any difficulty in downloading thebidding documents from website indicated above, interested bidders may request the bidding document via the following e-mailaddress: email@example.com
8. Bids mustbedelivered/submitted on or before Wednesday, October 19, 2015 at 11 AM (Somalia local Time) to the following address: Ministry of Finance, Villa Somalia, Mogadishu, Federal Republic of Somalia. Electronicsubmission of bids is not allowed.Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the Bidders' representatives who choose to attendat the following address Ministry of Finance, Villa Somalia, Conference Room, Mogadishu,Federal Republic of Somalia.
9. All bids must beaccompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration in the format given in the Bid document. Late bids and electronic bids will not beconsidered.
10. The attention of prospective Bidders isdrawn to the fact that (i) they will be required to certify in their bids thatall software either is covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) violations are considered fraud, which canresult in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
Address for bid submission: