Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2
| Published February 15, 2017 - Deadline April 4, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received
financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Greater Colombo
Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2. Part
of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to
bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Chairman, Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (SCAPC), on
behalf of the Ministry of City Planning & Water Supply now invites sealed bids from eligible
and qualified bidders for the subject contract.
3. The works covered under this Contract are Construction of a four storied Training Centre,
five storied Hostel Building and Canteen with total floor area of approximately 9,800m2,
including Pile foundation, RCC structure, masonry work, finishes, doors and windows, Zn/Al
curved roof & flat roofs with steel frame work together with MEP installations. Contract Period is
4. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: Two Envelope bidding procedure (NCB/1S2E) and is open to all eligible Bidders
from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Document.
5. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• The Bidder shall have a minimum average annual construction turnover of LKR
1300Million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or
completed, within last three (03) years.
• Participation in at least two contracts that have been successfully or substantially
completed within the last 08 years and that are similar to minimum five (5) storied
buildings with minimum floor area of 5,900m2, where the value of the Bidder’s
participation exceeds LKR. 675 Million. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall
be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or
Date: 15 February 2017
3029-SRI: Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management
Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2
Construction of Proposed Training Centre, Hostel Building and Canteen at
4 April 2017, 10:00 hours (local time)
other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements and
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, liquid assets, lines of credit, or
other financial resources (other than any contractual advance payments) to meet the
Bidder’s monthly financial resources requirement of LKR 180 Million.
6. Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents
free of charge from the office of the Assistant General Manager (Tenders and Contracts),
National Water Supply & Drainage Board (NWSDB), Galle Road, Ratmalana over the telephone,
number +94 11-2635885 or +94 11-2638999 Ext. 1750 or facsimile number +94 11-2635885 (E-
7. A complete set of bidding documents, in English language, may be purchased by
interested bidders upon submission of a written application on a business Letter Head to the
Assistant General Manager (Tenders and Contracts), NWSDB, Galle Road, Ratmalana, from 15
February 2017 until 3 April 2017 during 9:00 hours to 15:00 hours on normal working days and
upon payment of a non-refundable tender fee of LKR. 25,000.00 Plus VAT in cash or Bank Draft
in favor of National Water Supply and Drainage Board.
8. Bids shall be delivered to the office of The Director (Procurement), Ministry of City
Planning & Water Supply, “Lakdiya Medura”, No.35, Sunil Mawatha, Pelawatta, Battaramulla,
Sri Lanka to receive on or before 10.00 hrs. on 4 April 2017 together with a Bid Security as
described in the Bidding Document (Data Sheet).
Late bids shall be rejected. Technical Bids will be opened immediately in the presence of the
bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address above. The Price Bids will remain
unopened and will be held in custody of the Director (Procurement), Ministry of City Planning
and Water Supply until the specified time of their opening.
9. A Pre-Bid meeting shall take place followed by a Site Visit conducted by the Employer
on 9 March 2017, 10.00 Hrs at NWSDB Training Center at Telawala.
10. The National Water Supply and Drainage Board will not be responsible for any costs or
expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation, attending pre-bid meeting and
delivery of bids.