Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program - Project 1
| Published October 21, 2016 - Deadline December 16, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received a loan
from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of the Greater Colombo Water &
Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Project 1. Part of this loan
will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from
eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Chairman, Ministry Procurement Committee (MPC), on behalf of the Ministry Of
City Planning & Water Supply now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the
Construction of a seven story building with a total floor area of approximately 3,300 m2
consisting of, Design, Supply & Installation of Air conditioning system, Elevator systems, Fire
protection system, lightening protection system, Telephone & local area network system,
CCTV/Security system, and Landscaping works including fencing, and gates.
3. National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One- Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as
described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• The Bidder shall have a minimum average annual construction turnover of LKR 506
Million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or
completed, within last three (03) years.
• Participation in at least two Construction contract of seven (07) stories or above storied
buildings (consisting of design, supply & installation of Air Conditioners, Elevator
Systems, Fire protection/detection system, Water supply & sewerage disposal system
including plumbing work), that have been successfully or substantially completed within
the last five (05) years and that are similar to the proposed works, where the total value
of the Bidder’s participation in both contracts exceeds LKR 405 Million. The similarity of
the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works,
complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6
Date: 21 October 2016
2947-SRI: Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management
Improvement Investment Program - Project 1
Construction of NRW Building at Maligakanda
16 December 2016, 10:00 A.M.
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, liquid assets, lines of credit, or
other financial resources (other than any contractual advance payments) to meet the
Bidder’s monthly financial resources requirement of LKR 98 Million.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information from Assistant General Manager
(Tenders and Contracts), National Water Supply & Drainage Board (NWSDB), Galle Road,
Ratmalana over the telephone, number +94 11-2635885 or +94 11-2638999 Ext. 1750 or
facsimile number +94 11-2635885 (E-mail: email@example.com) and bidding documents
may be inspected free of charge at the office of the Assistant General Manager (Tenders and
Contracts), NWSDB, Galle Road, Ratmalana, Sri Lanka.
6. A Pre-Bid meeting shall take place followed by a Site Visit conducted by the Employer
on 16-November 2016, 10.00 Hrs at GCWWMIIP PMU Office, No.65, St.Lawrence Road,
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English language may be purchased by
interested bidders on the submission of a written application on a business Letter Head to the
Assistant General Manager (Tenders and Contracts), NWSDB, Galle Road, Ratmalana, until
15th December 2016 during 09:00 hours to 15:00 hours on normal working days. The bid
document shall be obtained upon payment of a non-refundable tender fee of SLRs. 25,000.00
plus VAT in cash or Bank Draft in favor of National Water Supply and Drainage Board.
8. Deliver your bid
• The Director (Procurement Ministry of City Planning & Water Supply, “Lakdiya Medura”
No. 35, Sunil Mawatha, Pelawatta, Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
• On or before 10:00 A.M., 16 December 2016
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
• Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
9. The National Water Supply and Drainage Board will not be responsible for any costs or
expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation, attending pre-bid meeting and
delivery of bids.