GMS Flood and Drought Risk Management and Mitigation Project
| Published November 10, 2016 - Deadline December 23, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Kingdom of Cambodia has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
towards the cost of GMS Flood and Drought Risk Management and Mitigation Project. Part
of this loan will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to
Bidders form eligible source countries of ADB who can prove their qualification as mentioned
hereunder and in the Bidding Documents.
The bidder should have participated
as contractor, management
contractor, or subcontractor in at
least 2 (two) contracts within the
last 6 (six) years that has been
successfully or substantially
completed and that are similar to
the proposed works including
upgrading of main canal and
appurtenant structures of more than
15 km length and more than 20
m3/s capacity at the canal intake
where the value of the Bidder’s
participation exceeds cost given
The bidder should have
an average annual
construction turnover of
US$ as mentioned
below, calculated as
total certified payments
received for contracts in
progress or completed,
within the last three (3)
Upgrading of Damnak
System Main Canal
US$ 7.8 Million or equivalent
US$ 13.1 Million or
2. Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology (MOWRAM) (“the Employer”) invites
sealed bids from eligible bidders for the upgrading of Damnak Chheukrom Irrigation System
Main Canal consisting of: 16.5 km long main canal with the discharge capacity of 22.4 m3/s at
the canal intake and twenty eight structures (3 cross and head regulators, 13 drainage
structures, 1 covered canal/super passage, 4 road bridges, 3 foot bridges, 3 canal drops and
Date: 10 November 2016
2970/L8262-CAM: GMS Flood and Drought Risk Management and
CAM2-ICB-W02- Upgrading of Damnak Chheukrom Irrigation System Main
23 December 2016 at 9:30 am Cambodian local time.
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: Two Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described
in the Bidding Document.
4. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact
the address mentioned below.
5. To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
• Write to the address mentioned below requesting the bidding document for CAM2-ICB-
W02 Upgrading of Damnak Chheukrom Irrigation System Main Canal.
• Pay a non-refundable fee of US$100 (US Dollars One Hundred only) by Pay
Order/Demand Draft in favour of MOWRAM, CPMU.
6. A pre-bid meeting of the package shall take place on 24 November 2016 at 09:00 AM at
the address mentioned below.
7. Deliver your bid:
• to the address below on or before 23 December 2016 at 9:30 am local time.
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
8. Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the
presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. The Financial Bids shall remain
sealed and will be held in custody by the Employer. The Financial Bids of only Technically
Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after technical bids evaluation, whereas, the
financial bids of those bidders whose technical bids are not responsive and qualified shall be
returned unopened after the contract is awarded.
Mr. Bak Bunna, National Project Manager
Central Project Management Unit (CPMU)
GMS-Flood and Drought Risk Management and Mitigation
The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology;
3nd Floor Central Building,
Address: #346, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA
Tel/Fax: (+855) 23 222941Email Address: Bak Bunna firstname.lastname@example.org