Drilling of 35 new wells at Orto-Alysh wellfield
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on 08 July 2016.
The production and operational management unit “Bishkekvodokanal” (Bishkek Water Company), hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD or the Bank) and part of the proceeds of a grant from the Global Environmental Facility’s Special Climate Change Fund (GEF SCCF) administered by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development towards the cost of Bishkek water supply and waste water rehabilitation project, II phase.
The Employer now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan and grant:
Tendering for contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
1. General Experience. The Tenderer shall prove he has successful experience as lead contractor in the execution of at least three projects of a scope and complexity comparable to the proposed contract (Drilling and development of drinking water wells at depth not less than 100 m) over the last five years.
2. Personnel Capabilities: The Tenderer shall provide suitably qualified key personnel to fill the following positions. Each candidate shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Project Manager – 10 years general experience, 5 years in similar position
- Chief engineer - 10 years general experience, 5 years in similar position
- Site Manager – 10 years general experience, 5 years in similar position
- Drilling specialist - 10 years general experience, 5 years in similar position
Contractor shall communicate with the Employer in Russian and provide a qualified translator for whole duration of work.
3. License. The Tenderer shall hold a valid license to perform drilling works in accordance with Kyrgyz legislation, or evidence that the Tenderer has applied for such license. The absence of such license shall not substitute the grounds for the rejection of the tender, however in case of the subsequent Contract the Tenderer shall provide such licence to the Employer within 28 days of receiving a Letter of Acceptance.
4. Financial Resources: The Tenderer shall demonstrate that he has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the contractual cash flow for a period of 4 months, estimated as not less than EUR 900,000 equivalent, taking into account the applicant's commitments for other contracts. The audited (tax authority or audit company) balance sheets and income statements for the last 3 years shall be submitted showing long-term profitability and demonstrating the good financial position. Where necessary, the Employer will make inquiries with the applicant's bankers
5. Equipment Capabilities: The Tenderer shall own, or have assured access to (through hire, lease, purchase agreement or similar), at least the following key items of equipment (Section III, Qualification, Table 2.6), according to the drilling method, in full working order. The Tenderer must demonstrate by signing the appropriate tender form that, based on known commitments, the equipment will be available for use in the proposed contract.
The Tenderer shall list the equipment he supposes to use. The Tenderer may also list alternative and additional equipment which he would propose to use for the contract, together with an explanation of the proposal.
6. Criteria for Joint Ventures, Consortiums and Associations (JVCA): In case the tender is submitted by JVCA, it shall meet the following qualification requirements:
a) The lead member firm of the JVCA shall have the experience as a prime contractor, in execution of at least 3 (three) contracts, specified in the qualification criteria 1, specified above;
b) The lead member firm shall meet at least seventy (70) percent of all qualifying criteria specified above.
c) Each member of the JVCA shall meet at least thirty (30) percent of all qualifying criteria specified above
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 640 KGS or equivalent in a convertible currency.
The money can be transferred to the following account number of Bishkekvodokanal:
Bank of Beneficiary
"Optima Bank" OJSC, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Chips UID: 416502
Standard Chartered bank, New York Branch, USA
Account number: 3582023671001
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will promptly be dispatched by courier; however, no liability can be accepted for their loss or late delivery. In addition, if requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically after presentation by the prospective tenderer of an appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of 2% of the tender price in Euro or its equivalent in another convertible currency or Kyrgyz Som. The equivalent in Kyrgyz Som shall be calculated at the exchange rate of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on the date of 28 days prior to the deadline for submission of tenders i.e. March 28, 2017.
Tenders must be delivered to the address below at 10:00 Bishkek time, April 25, 2017, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderer’s representatives who choose to attend.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Project Implementation Unit
10 mcr. H 35