Kenya Infrastructure Finance/PPP project - P121019
Public Private Partnerships Unit, The National Treasury | Published July 8, 2015 - Deadline July 20, 2015
Consultancy For The Provision Of Transaction Advisory Services
For The Design, Finance, Supply, Construction, Commissioning & Maintenance Of The
140mw Olkaria Vi Geothermal Power Plant Through Public Private Partnership (ppp)
REPUBLIC OF KENYA THE NATIONAL TREASURY
INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCEAND PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS PROJECT
CONSULTANCY FOR THE PROVISION OFTRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DESIGN, FINANCE, SUPPLY, CONSTRUCTION, COMMISSIONING & MAINTENANCE OFTHE 140MW OLKARIA VI GEOTHERMAL POWER PLANT THROUGH PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP(PPP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Credit No: 51570 KE
Project ID No:P121019
This request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Kenya IFPPP projectthat appeared in United Nation Development Business No. WB3876-07/13 of July 2013.
The Government of Kenya (GoK) has received financing from the World Bank towards thecost of the InfrastructureFinance and Public Private Partnerships Project (IFPPP) whose overalldevelopment objective is to increaseprivate investment in the Kenyaninfrastructure market by improving the enabling environment to generate a pipeline of bankable PPPprojects. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for provisionof Transaction Advisory Services for the Design,Finance, Supply, Construct, Commission and Maintenance of the 140MW Olkaria VI Geothermal Power Plant through a Public Private Partnership(PPP), over a period of eighteen (18) calendarmonths.
The objective of the Transaction Advisor (TA) assignment is to assist KenGen with the competitiveprocurement of a ProjectSponsor/Developer for the design, finance, supply, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenanceof the 140MW Olkaria VI Geothermal Power Plant through a PPP arrangement. The TA will prepare a feasibility study consistent withthe PPP Act, recommend the best PPP model for the procurement, advise KenGen on the optimum risk allocation and the resultantcontract structure, develop transaction documents for theprocurement and provide transaction advisory support through to financialclose of the project.
3. Scope of theWork
The assignment shall be conducted by ateam of eligible consulting firms/consortium and will cover but not be limited to the following scope of work through to a successful financial close;
PHASE 1: Feasibility Study and Project ImplementationSchedule
Tasks will include: Project Feasibility Assessment; Technical and CommercialOptions Analysis, Project Due Diligence; Economic and Social Cost Benefit Analysis (ECSBA), Financial Viability Assessment,Legal Due Diligence, Site Due Diligence,Environmental and Disaster Risk Assessment, Procurement Options and PPP Structure Analysis;Options Development, Evaluation and Selection, Risk allocationframework and Heads of Terms for Project Contracts, Financial Modeling and Market Sounding, Summary Recommendations, Project Implementation Plan and Feasibility Study Report; Support to KenGen on Securing PPPCommittee Approval and All Other Government Approvals.
PHASE2: PPP Procurement
Tasks will include: Detailed Procurement Plan, Pre-qualification, Bid Evaluation Criteria and Tender Process Design,Request for Proposals (RFP), Draft PPP Project Agreements, Necessary Approvals, Administration of the Bidding Process, Evaluationof bids, updating of value for money and fiscalcommitment/ contingent liability evaluation, PPP agreement and Project Contractsnegotiations, PPP agreement management plan, PPP agreementsignature, financial closure, and close-out report and case studypreparation.
4. The National Treasury (the Client), through its ProjectImplementation Unit (PIU), now invites eligible consultingfirms /consortia to express their interest in providing this service. Interested consulting firms/consortiacomprising of firms specialized in Financial, Technical, Legal, Environmental & Social Advisory areas, should provideinformation demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and shall beexpected to specifically identify a LeadTransactionAdvisor from amongst them. The shortlisting criteria are: a minimum of seven (7) years' experience advisingon PPPs especially in developing countries with at least one (1) financially closed PPP power generation project for Government;experience and proven track record in facilities planning, design and construction of geothermal infrastructure in developingcountries; strong experience in legal contracts related to power generationprojects including but not limited to Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) and Steam SupplyAgreement (SSA), contract and ancillary agreement drafting and negotiating in PPP power generation projects.
5. The attentionof interested consulting firms/consortia is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loansand IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011 and revised in July2014("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
6. Consultantsmayassociate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub- consultancy to enhance theirqualifications.
7. The firm/consortium will be selected in accordance with Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the ConsultantsGuidelines.
8. Furtherinformation can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0900 to 1700 hrs.
9. CompleteExpressions of Interest documents in plainsealed envelopes withconsultancy reference and name clearly marked ontop should be delivered in person, sent by mail or by email to the address shown below or placed in thetender box at our offices on the 7th floor, Anniversary Towers, NorthTower.
Project Implementation Unit
P.O Box 21190 ?00100
Project Implementation Unit
Attention: Procurement Specialist
7th Floor, Anniversary Towers, NorthTower.
Building No.19 Monrovia Street/University Way
Telephone No: +254-20-2210271/4
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissionof Expressions of Interest is Monday 20thJuly 2015 at 1600 hours Kenyan local time.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPSUNIT