TZ-Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Project - P123134
Prime Ministers Office, Regional Administration and Local Government | Published October 20, 2015 - Deadline November 13, 2015
Provision Of Consultancy Services To Support Integrated
Transport And Land Use Planning Under The Dmdp
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OFTANZANIA
PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND LOCALGOVERNMENT
TENDER NO. ME/022/2015/2016/C/21
THE PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO SUPPORT INTEGRATED TRANSPORT AND LAND USE PLANNING UNDER THE DMDP
DAR ES SALAAM METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)
IDA CR. NO. 5585-TZ
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1. This request for expression of interest follows the General ProcurementNotice for the Dar es SalaamMetropolitan Development Project that appeared inthe UN Development Business online of April 22, 2015.
2. TheGovernment of the United Republic of Tanzania has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towardsthe cost of the Dar es Salaam MetropolitanDevelopment Project. Itis intended thatpart of the proceeds of the credit will be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for the Provision of ConsultancyServices to Support Integrated Transportand Land Use Planning under the Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), coordinated by the Prime Minister's Office,Regional Administration and Local Government (PMO-RALG).
3. Theoverallobjective of the assignment is to develop an integrated landuse and transport plan (hereafter called the "Corridor Development Strategy") to guide the detailed development and densificationof real estate around the first lineand stations of the Dar es Salaam Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor. Realization of thisstrategy will maximize the benefits of this significant transport investment. The strategy should be developed through aparticipatory approach and according to the relevant statutory requirements for urban planning.
4. The Consultant is thus expected to prepare an array of documents that willconstitute the Corridor Strategy. They may include: (i) a General Planning Scheme specifically for the Morogoro Road Corridor, (ii)a Specialized Planning Scheme, applicable to all current and future BRT corridors, that provides parameters and strategiestopromote and implement compact mixed-use land development and transit investment, and (ii) a Detailed Planning Scheme for twospecific pilot project sites along the Morogoro Road Corridor.
5. As part of the preparation process, the Consultant will need to conductbaseline studies, develop an integrated corridor development vision, and establish and prioritize a list of development conceptsand alternative options in consultation with the city and relevant stakeholders. The strategy will further provide detaileddevelopment guidelines to oversee the approval process of real estate projects around the BRT corridors and associated local feederroute areas.This should be accomplished by integrating "Last Kilometer" connectivity measures such as Transit-Oriented Development(TOD) and PedestrianOriented Development (POD) solutions, but also by considering Joint Land Development opportunities betweenDar Bus Rapid TransitSystem (DART) Agency, thegovernment and the private sector whose profits and rents could provide supplemental funds for the sustainable operations andexpansion of the BRT network. The plan should additional address the broader urban redevelopment objectives of Dar es Salaammetropolitan area.
6. The Permanent Secretary, PMO-RALG,now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultantsshould provide information demonstrating thatthey have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.The short listing criteria are: (i) Experience with at least five projects of similar nature to the assignment, with at least 1 ofthe project having been produced in Sub-Saharan Africa; (ii) A demonstrated capacity to deliver planning outputs that wereimplemented and led to the physical development of a corridor and achieved successful TOD outcomes; (iii) A demonstrated capacityto deliver planning outputs that complied with statutory requirements and that were ratified by legislative bodies; and (iv)Experience in conducting detailedbaseline studies in the field using innovative and cost-effective techniques; and (v) Experiencein leading urban planning workshops or charrettes, and engaging stakeholders through participatory planning methods. Information tobe provided should include name of assignment, name and full contact address of the client, input of the consultant in theassignment, assignment value, period of execution of assignment, etc.
Firms may associate with other firms in the form of ajoint venture or a sub-consultancy toenhance their qualifications.
7. Thisis not a request for proposals(RFP). After a review of the expressions of interest, ashortlist will be prepared and the short-listed consultants will be invited to submit their proposals through a letter ofinvitation including specific terms of reference. The attention of interestedConsultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [current edition] ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy onconflict of interest. A consulting firm will beselected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS)method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the followingaddress during office hours from 7:30 a.m.to 3:30 p.m. local time from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays: Project Coordinator, Dar es Salaam Metropolitan Development Project (DMDP), 4th Floor, LAPF Millennium Towers, Kijitonyama, P.O. Box 34314, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,Telephone+255-22-2700769, Fax: +255-22-2700768, E-mail: email@example.com.
9. The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is on Friday, November 13, 2015at 10:00 a.m. local time, to be addressedtotheSecretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Prime Minister's Office, Regional Administration andLocal Government (PMO-RALG), BenjaminMkapa Building, Ground Floor, Office of the ProcurementManagement Unit (PMU), Room No. 2, P.O. Box 1923, Dodoma, Tanzania. Expressions ofInterest should be submitted inwriting and have to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes. Expressions of Interest sent by post must be registered. Envelopes containing Expressions of Interest must beclearly marked "STATEMENT OF EXPRESSION OF INTERESTFOR THE PROVISION OFCONSULTANCY SERVICES TOSUPPORTINTEGRATED TRANSPORT AND LAND USE PLANNING UNDER THE DAR ES SALAAMMETROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (DMDP)".
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION ANDLOCALGOVERNMENT,
P.O. Box 1923,Dodoma.
Tel: 026-2321607/ 2322853/2322848