Improved Water and Wastewater Services Programme II (IWSP II), Egypt. Consulting Services for the Project Management Consultant (PMC)
KfW, on behalf of HCWW | Published June 25, 2015 - Deadline July 28, 2015
The Improved Water and Wastewater Services Programme II (“IWSP II”) succeeds the ongoing IWSP I. It covers four Governorates Qena, Sohag, Assiut, and Minya in Upper Egypt. The program objective is to ensure appropriate, thoroughly hygienic, efficient and financially sustainable water supply and wastewater disposal in the program areas.
The Programme is composed of
- An Investment Component to improve the physical infrastructure in the wastewater and water supply sector in the program areas so that services can be provided more efficiently in the future. The component includes: i) Rehabilitation of existing wastewater treatment plants; ii) Construction of new wastewater treatment plants and associated regional wastewater collection systems (“regional Sanitation Service Clusters”); iii) Expansion of existing wastewater collection systems if this enables the capacity utilisation ratio of existing wastewater treatment plants to be improved, if necessary including house connections; iv) Rehabilitation and expansion of existing drinking water treatment plants; v) Rehabilitation and restructuring of existing pipes and drinking water supply systems, if necessary including house connections.
- A Technical Assistance (TA) Component to strengthen the technical and financial capacities of the HCWW and the Affiliate Companies (ACs). The TA component shall create an enabling environment for the execution of the investment component and improve the ACs operational and financial performance. The technical assistance will be provided by: i) a Programme Management Consultant (PMC), who will support HCWW’s Programme Management Unit (PMU) in Cairo to properly plan, steer, manage, supervise and document the programme activities. This consultant will also assist the PMU in its reporting obligations; ii) two Technical Assistance and Design Consultants (TADECs), who will support the HCWW’s Affiliated Companies (AC) of Qena, Sohag, Assiut, and Minya, in planning, tendering the investment projects and ensuring the quality of their IWSP II investment projects. This consultant will also support the ACs Programme Implementation Units (PIUs) in executing all programme management activities for which they are responsible such as technical and financial programme management and supervision, technical and financial reporting. The TADECs will also support capacity building in the ACs in order to improve their operational and financial efficiency; iii) an Operation & Maintenance Consultant (OMC), who may later support the AC in the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure financed under IWSP II
This invitation for Expression of Interest concerns only the services required from the Project Management Consultant (PMC).
Requested Consultant Services:
The Consultant’s main tasks comprise:
1. Assess the current situation and the results of the IWSP II as well as the experiences of the IWSP I - prepare a work plan for IWSP II
2. Support the establishment of the PMU management structure and train PMU staff
3. Optimise, update and implement the existing IWSP I Manual of Procedures
4. Establish, update and maintain the IWSP II project list
5. Monitor and report on the ACs’ performance (performance indicators)
6. Carry out financial, procedural and occupational health & safety audits
7. Support financial programme management, accounting, monitoring and reporting
8. Support the IWSP budget management, monitoring and reporting
9. Establish a simple documentation system for relevant IWSP II documents
10. Prepare the Quarterly Progress Reports for the entire Programme
11. Ensure professional public communication, public relations and visibility of the IWSP II and its funding partners
12. Support coordination of TADEC and PIU activities
13. Support the establishment and operation of a simple Programme Management Information System (PMIS) based on the existing PMIS components
14. Manage the special fund and procure equipment, tools, hardware and software, which will be required for carrying out the tasks of the PMC and TADEC