BR Rio de Janeiro Mun. Strengthening PSM - P127245
Município do Rio de Janeiro | Published June 16, 2015
General Procurement Notice
Strengthening PublicSector Management Technical Assistance Project (Projeto de Promoção da Excelência na Gestão Pública do Município do Rio de Janeiro? Projeto Rio de Excelência)
Municipality of Rio de Janeiro
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE Loan No 8271-BR
Project ID No. P127245
TheMunicipality of Rio de Janeiro has receivedfinancing in the amount equivalent to US$16.2million from the World Bank toward fundingthe Strengthening Public Sector Management - Technical Assistance Project (Projeto de Promoção da Excelência na Gestão Pública do Município do Rio de Janeiro ? Projeto Rio deExcelência), and it intends to apply part of theproceeds on payments for goods, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project.
The project will include the followingcomponents:
Component 1 ? Improving Medium Term Fiscal and Public InvestmentManagement
This component aims to provide support for the development and incremental institutionalization of: (a) elements of theMedium Term Expenditures Framework (MTEF); and (b) a system for the selection and appraisal of public investments. While theMunicipality of Rio de Janeiro has introduced initial steps to strengthen its medium-term fiscal management, additional efforts areneeded to strengthen the MTEF process, through, inter alia: (i) the integration of impact evaluationresults, performance information and proposed policychanges in the planning and budget process; and (ii) the carrying out of diagnostic evaluations, and the implementation of therecommended actions resultingfrom said evaluations, as prioritized by the Borrower
Component 2 -Innovating in Service Provision (Health and Education)
The mainconsultanciesand acquisition of this Component are:
- Developmentof a data integration system and epidemiological informationto support the decision-making process in health and evolutionary maintenance;
- Design of an early child management system;
- Developmentof a tool for extraction, analysis and dissemination of datafor evaluation of performance and school management;
- Design and monitoring of distance courses for teachers of the disciplinesof English, Mathematics and Sciences and in the area of School Management.
Component 3 - Strengthening SocialGovernance and Monitoring and Impact Evaluation
The mainconsultancies of this this Component are:
- Establishment of an online network for community participation (ICN Portal -Integrated Community Network) and also for information management about communityinstitutions and social projects, in areas coveredby "UPP Social" Program;
- Update the information management system "Armazém de Dados",consideringits management stages, ranging from data collection to the dissemination of information through thisPortal.
- Developmentof an Information Technology (IT) Master Plan for the Rio deJaneiro City Hall, aligned with the most recent municipality Strategic Plan and consisting of: a new IT Governance model, a new ITProcess and Operations model, a new IT infrastructure and data architecture and a new IT application systems architecture, aimingto provide the best supportto the municipality management and operations.
Component 4 ?Innovating in Environmental Management
The main consultancy of thisthis Component is:
- Implementationof GHG Emissions Monitoring System and elaboration of the 2016 GHG Emissions Inventory through the implanted system, including theMunicipality stafftraining.
For further information please contact the Project Coordination Unit on the email email@example.com.
Procurement of contractsfinanced by the World Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consultant Services under IBRD Loans and IDACredits (January 2011),and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting serviceswill be selected in accordance with the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January2011).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the World Bank's internationalcompetitive bidding (ICB) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, inUN Development Business and dgMarket