National Waterways Development Project - P148775
INLAND WATERWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA | Published October 23, 2015 - Deadline November 20, 2015
Detailed Feasibility And Engineering Studies For Preparation
Of Dpr For Development Of Nw-5 In Odisha India
INLANDWATERWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
(Ministry of Shipping, Government of India)
HeadOffice: A-13, Sector ? 1, Noida ? 201301
Phone:0120-2543931, Fax: 0120-2543973;
website: www.iwai.nic.in; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOI (Expression of Interest) for deployment ofreputed & experienced consultant for undertaking detailed feasibility and engineering studies for preparation of DPR fordevelopment of NW-5 in Odisha India.
1. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Ministry of Shipping,Government of India propose to develop Inland Navigation on National Waterway no. 5 in Odisha & WestBengal as a World Bankassisted Project and intends to utilize part of the fund towardsthe consulting services required for implementing the aboveProject.
2. Brief introduction on consultancy services:-
2.1 The consultancy services ("the Services") include "Study and Preparation of Detailed Project Report forDevelopment of National Waterway no. 5.
The mainobjective of the assignment is to undertake allthe relevant studies such as pre-feasibility studies (PFS), detailed feasibility studies (DFS) & detailed engineering studies(DES) which are essential for developing systematically a commercially viable &vibrant inland navigation system for the entire waterway consisting of both river & canal sections. It is proposed to undertakethe above mentioned studies as considered essential in two parts i.e. Part-A and Part-B, as the draft scope of studies & ToR (Terms of Reference) attached at Annex ? I .
2.2 Under "Part- A" ? only Detailed Engineering Studies(DES) for the river stretch between Talcher to Dhamra and Paradip and under "Part-B"- for the canal stretch between Dhamra ? Charbatia ? Geonkhali(Matai River & East Cost Canal) shall be taken up for both DetailedFeasibility Studies (DFS) and Detailed EngineeringStudies (DES), for preparation & submission of the DPR (Detailed Project)for undertaking the development work on EPC mode.
It is emphasized that the above mentioned studies forboth river & canal system need to be conducted simultaneously for harnessing potential of NW-5 having connectivity andintegration with "Eastern National Waterways Grid".
2.3 For both the Sections and stretches, the capacity assessment of the waterway system for transportationof the projected cargo is essential for developing fairway, terminals & other infrastructure. The engineering details of thevarious components of the fairway development inboth the stretches including control structures i.e. barrages with navigation locksshall be prepared for facilitating the safe and smooth movement of both self-propelled and tug barge flotilla of optimum sizeandcapacity.
2.4 The Detailed Feasibility Study for Part-B will include but not limited to technical feasibility study,environmental and social impact assessment and management, resettlement appraisal policy framework, procurement assessment,operation and management, monitoring & evaluation framework, financial management and institutional analysis. The Consultantshall study the river hydrological, hydro morphological, geological and soil condition etc. and also option analysis to arrive atthe best option available for maintaining 3.0 meters Least Available Depth in the river & canal stretch between Dhamra andGeonkhali throughout the year.
2.5 DES for both the Part-A & Part-B, shall include the master plan and detailed engineering design,drawings, specification, cost estimates and time frame for all works including the ancillary ones to be carried out along withgoods procurementplan. The studies shall recommend appropriate designs and construction standards which are safe, economical,relevant to traffic projections, local site condition, environmental requirement, social need and have considerable design life andhigh economic rate of return.
3. Accordingly IWAI, invites expression of interest from the reputed,experienced & resourceful consultancy firms ("Consultants") to provide Consultancy services for "Study and Preparation ofDetailed Project Report for Development of National Waterway no. 5". Consultants interested in providing the servicesshould provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the Servicescomplying to the following eligibility criteria as in the draft ToR/scope of work attached. The eligibility criteria for shortlisting the consultant are:-
a) Consultant shouldbe engaged in conducting similar activities for the past 10 years ? copy of Certificate of Incorporation to be submitted along withthe EOI.
b) Consultant shouldhave a minimum financial turnover of INR 30 crore during anyof the last 5 years ? Declaration for last 5 years to be submittedalong with the EOI.
c) Consultant shouldhave completed 5 such studies of similar / related work during the last 5 years ? List of scope of work, date of commencement, dateof completion, client's details to be submitted.
d) Consultant shouldbe having a minimum of 200 employees on their payroll ? declaration to be submitted.
e) Consultant mayform Joint Venture to enhance their qualification or have a subconsultancy agreement for short listing. The nature of associationofconsultants, whether JV or sub consultant shall be mentioned in the EOI.
4. Expression ofinterest must be delivered in a written form (in person, or by post or bye-mail) to:-
Chief Engineer,(Project & Marine),
Inland Waterways Authority of India,
A-13, Sector- 1,
Noida ? 201301, U.P.
By 20th November 2015 by 17:00 hours (IST) and it shall beclearly marked "Expression of interest for Consultancy services for"Study and Preparation of Detailed Project Report for Development of National Waterway no. 5".
5. The proposedconsultancy services shall be undertaken as the procedure, terms andcondition of World Bank for deployment of consultant. Hence,interested consultants may refer the paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants underIBRD Loans and IDACredits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January, 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), settingforth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
6. A Firm or an individual debarred by the World Bank in accordance with the anticorruptionguidelines shall be ineligible for this Assignment in any form or way. A list of debarred firms and individuals is available at theBanks external website: www.worldbank.org/debarr.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection methodset out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address mentioned above during office hours.
9. Instructions for submission of Expression of Interest:
1. Accomplished Expression of Interest Application & proposal must be submitted togetherwith a Letter of Intent not later than 17:00 hours (IST) on 20th November 2015. Documents in support of allqualificationinformation shall be submitted with application. Proposal of EOI with qualification information shall be furnished on/before thedue date of submission at the address mentioned above.
2. The Application shall be basis of drawing up a shortlist of eligibleConsultants who will beinvited to submit proposal for services required.
3. All Applications shall be submitted in English.
4. Joint Venture (JV) shall not have more than 3 members. One of the members should be a LeadMember. Accordingly, the joint venture agreement as the procedure is to be submitted.
5. A Consultant shall submit only one proposal, either individually or as a joint venturepartner in another proposal. If a Consultant, including a joint venture partner, submits or participates in more than oneproposal,all such proposals shall be disqualified. This does not, however, preclude a consulting firm to participate as a sub-consultant, oran individual to participate as a team member, inmore than one proposal when circumstances justify and ifpermitted bythe Request for Proposals (RFP).
6. The Application and all related correspondence and documents should be written in Englishlanguage. Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by Applicant with the Application may be in any other languageprovided that they are accompanied with translations in English language. Supporting materials, which are not translated intoEnglish, may not be considered. For the purpose of interpretation and evaluation of the Application, English language translationshall prevail.
7. IWAI reserves the right to reject any Application, without assigning any reasonsthereto.
8. The Applicant shall provide all the information sought under this Qualification Document.Applications that are received in the required format and complete in all respects shall only be evaluated. Incompleteand/orconditional Applications shall be liable to rejection.
10. Guidelines for preparation of Expression of Interest
Following information shallbe submitted:
Complete name of firm, date ofestablishment and type of organization whether individual, proprietorship, partnership, private limited company, public limitedcompany etc.
Exact and completecorporate/registered/home office address, business address, telephone numbers, fax numbers, E-mail and cable address. ForConsultantof foreign registry, indicate if there is any branch office(s) established in India with details in aforesaid manner.
If present firm is thesuccessor to or outgrowth of one or more predecessor firms, fresh name(s) of former entity (ties) and year(s) of their originalestablishment with details in aforesaid manner.
Present a brief narrativedescription of the firms.
List of notmore than two (2)principals who may be contacted by this Office.
Listed principals must beempowered to speak for him or for the firm on policy and contractual matters.
Indicate financial figures fromconsultancy business for past 5 (five) financial years.
Organizational strength ofConsultant and its constituents in case of a JV shall be given.
The above information isrequired to be submitted in the application by sole applicant or members of JV individually.
ChiefEngineer (P & M)