The Bulgarian Energy Efficiency and Renewable Sources Fund (“BEERSF”, the “Fund”) was established in 2005. The contract with the existing Fund Manager expires in 2016 and pursuant to a decision of the BEERSF Management Board and as per art. 87 (1) and 88 of the Bulgarian Energy Efficiency Act a new fund manager is to be selected.
The Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Bulgaria (the “Ministry”) intends to use grant funds under Grant Agreement No. 003 (the “Grant”) from the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (the “KIDSF”), administered by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, to engage a suitably qualified consultant to assist the Ministry in preparing and implementing a competitive procedure for the selection of a Fund Manager for BEERSF.
The scope of the assignment of the Consultant will include:
• Analysis of the appropriate legal framework under which the selection of a Fund Manager for BEERSF shall be implemented and recommendation of a particular type of procurement procedure;
• Determining the body that will implement the procurement process for the selection of the Fund Manager for BEERSF and will sign the Fund Management Agreement with the selected Fund Manager;
• Elaboration of the full package of procurement documents for the selection of a Fund Manager, including a template for the Fund Management Agreement and support in their approval from all relevant authorities;
• Assistance in the implementation of the procurement process for the selection of a Fund Manager for BEERSF;
• Support in the negotiations, if any, with the selected Fund Manager and in the signature of the Fund Management Agreement.
The overall budget for the assignment is 15,000 Euro.
Selection of the Consultant will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules, Section 5.3 (a). The proceeds of the Grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, of for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested consultants may contact:
Ministry of Energy
8 Triaditsa St., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Facsimile: +359 2 980 76 30