Xinjiang Tacheng Border Cities and Counties Development Project
| Published April 15, 2016 - Deadline May 17, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The People’s Republic of China has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank
towards the cost of Xinjiang Tacheng Border Towns Development Project (Loan No. 3263-
PRC) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for
Outer Ring Road K0+00 to K5+200 (Contract No.: CTL01).
2. Tuoli Housing and Construction Bureau (The Employer) now invites sealed bids from all
eligible and qualified Bidders for Civil Construction and Installation Component of CTL01
New road –Outer Ring Road K0+00 to K5+200. The completion period is 200 days from
3. National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage:
One-Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from MINMETALS International
Tendering Co., Ltd. (as the Procurement Agent) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the
address given below between 8:30–11:30 a.m. and 1:00–4:00 p.m. (Beijing Time, Sundays,
Saturdays and holidays except) starting from 15 April 2016.
5. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
• Bidders must have
i. A positive net worth;
ii. An average annual turnover of at least CNY103 million in the last three years
(2012, 2013, 2014);
iii. Demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets,
unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than
any contractual advance payments to meet:
(i) the following cash-flow requirement of CNY19,000,000.00 and
(ii) the overall cash flow requirements for this contract and its concurrent
• Bidders must submit their audited financial statements for the last three years to
demonstrate the current soundness of their financial position (2012, 2013, 2014).
• Bidders must have participated as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor
Date: 15 April 2016
3263-PRC: Xinjiang Tacheng Border Cities and Counties Development
Outer Ring Road K0+00 to K5+200 (Contract No.: CTL01)
17 May 2016; 10:30 A.M.
with Level 1 municipal engineering general contracting certification, in at least three (3)
contracts within the last five (5) years prior to the bid submission deadline, each with a
value of at least CNY33 million, that have been successfully/ substantially completed
and similar to the proposed works. The similarity shall be based on the physical size,
complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics described in the BD’s Section VI,
• Bidders should have successfully/substantially completed at least one (1) contract for
construction of the city main road with the minimum width of red line of 45 meters and
the minimum length of road of 5,000 meters and participated in at least three (3)
contracts for construction of bridges with concrete hollow cored slab and steel box girder.
Additional details are provided in the bidding documents.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in Chinese may be purchased by interested bidders on
the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a
nonrefundable fee of CNY1,000. The method of payment is in cash. At the request of the bidder,
the bidding documents may be sent by courier for an additional amount of CNY100 per set.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 17 May 2016; 10:30 A.M. Late
bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who
choose to attend in person at the address below at 10:30 a.m. (Beijing time) 17 May 2016. All
bids must be accompanied by a bid security as specified in the bidding documents.
8. This Invitation for Bids will be published on China Bidding Website
(www.chinabidding.com.cn), China Economic Herald, Xinjiang Construction Engineering Project
Bidding website, Xinjiang Economic News, Tacheng Daily and the website of ADB.
9. The address referred to above is:
Name of Employer: Tuoli Housing and Construction Bureau
Postal Address: Wenhua Dong Road, Tuoli County, 834500.
Contact Person: Mr. ZHOU Fuhui
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. No.: 0901-3684651
Fax No.: 0901-3682120
(1) Address for Bidding Document: Minmetals International Tendering Co., Ltd. (Procurement
1. Room D216-2, Minmetals Building, No. 5 San Li He Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing,
2. Room L, Guanghui Shidaiguangchang, No. 26 Hongshan Road, Urumqi, Xinjiang,
Contact: Mr. Wang, or Mr. Li; Tel: +86-10-8882 1702 / 1777. +86-991-2812383
(2) Address for Bidding Document Purchasing: ditto.
(3) Address for Bid Submission: Construction Engineering Trading Center of the
Autonomous Region, Jinyin Road 82th, Urumqi, Xinjiang
Address for Bid Opening: Construction Engineering Trading Center of the Autonomous
Region, Jinyin Road 82th, Urumqi, Xinjiang
Supervising Department: Department of Finance, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous
Contact: Tao Hong; Tel: 0991-2309257.
Management Office of Infrastructure Construction and Environmental Improvement ADB
Project, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region; Contact: Meng Li; Tel: 0991-2841298.