MM:Telecommunications Sector Reform - P145534
Post and Telecommunications Department | Published June 18, 2015 - Deadline July 2, 2015
Technical Advisory And Management Support For Corporatization
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTOR REFORM PROJECT
Assignment Title: Technical advisory and management supportfor corporatization of MPT
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): C 1.4.1
The Government of the Union of Myanmar hasreceived financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Telecommunications Sector Reform Project, and intends to apply partof the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services") include providing supportto the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) and Myanmar Posts and Telecommunications (MPT) to provide strategic and practical implementation support to MPT duringits corporatization process and transformation into an autonomous, commercial telecommunications operator, with a view to MPT'seventual privatization.
The MCIT intends to retain theservices of a consortium of advisors, including Strategic, Auditing and Accounting, Legal, and Human Resources, to assist in thiscorporatization process.
Theservices specifically include:
a. Supporting MPT to define its business objectives and to support with strategic planning to achieve operationalgoals;
b. Developingthe opening balance sheet for the newly corporatized entity based on internationally acceptable standards; and
c. Providing strategic support for human resources management.
Totalduration of the assignment is estimated to be about 18 months, starting end August2015. The working offices will be at MPT in Yangonand Nay Pyi Taw and will require travel to other parts of Myanmar as well.
The MCIT now invites eligibleinternationalconsulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provideinformation demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Theshortlisting criteria are:
· The Consultant isexpected to be a firm or joint venture of firms and will be selected based on its experience and capacity in carrying out this typeof work.
· The consultants will have demonstrable expertise in public entities corporatization, deep knowledge ofoperations in the telecommunications sector (including the technical mattersreferred to in these Terms of Reference), and strategicadvisory services and will be selected based on its experience and capacity in carrying out this type of work; particularly in thetelecommunications sector. The consultants'knowledge of, and direct experience in the telecommunications sector, particularly in developing countries,will be particularlyimportant.
· The consultants should have expertise in providing strategic, financial, technical, legal, auditing and human resourcesadvisory services and will be selected based on its experience and capacity in carrying out this type of work. The firm's knowledge of, and direct experience in thetelecommunications sector, particularly in developing countries, will be particularly important.
· The firm should consist of team leadersfor Strategic Advisory, Technical, Financial Auditor and Accounting,Legal and Human Resources teams. The team leadersfor each track should all have at least 10 years of work experience in each of their areas of competence; at least 5 years of workexperience in developing countries and a graduate degree. The Strategic Advisor, Legal Advisor and Technical Advisor's teams should consist of personnel with skills and experience intelecommunications sector policy, operations, project management, strategic and business planning including corporate governance,transactions, valuations, and regulatory matters relevant to the situation in Myanmar. The Financial Auditor and Accounting and Human Resource Advisors are expected tohave knowledge and direct experience in supporting companies transform froma public department into a commercially orientedcompany. Preferably,the Consultant will be familiar with international best practices andwith the country, government, sectoral,and institutional framework. Relevant experiencein the South East Asia region and particularly in Myanmar would be a plus. While key team members may be based out of Myanmar, it will be important for theconsultants to have presence in Myanmar, with staff who have worked in the telecommunications sector.
· Only the qualifications and experience of the firm (not theproposed key staff for the assignment) will be evaluated at theshort-list stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn toparagraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants by World BankBorrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selectedin accordancewith the "Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS)" method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at theaddress below during office hours 0930 to1630 hours.
Expressions of interest and resumes must bedelivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 2nd July , 2015. The Expression of Interest should not exceed 30 pages.
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
Post and Telecommunications Department
Attn: Mr. Than Htun Aung, Building Number 2, Ministry ofCommunications and Information Technology, Nay PyiTaw, Myanmar
Tel:+95 67 407435Fax: +95 67 407539
Attn: Ms. San San Lwin,Building Number 2, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar