Combat Environment Instrumentation Systems (CEIS)
Department of the Navy, Naval Air Systems Command | Published March 15, 2016 - Deadline April 6, 2016
The Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), China Lake, CA intends to procure Combat Environment Instrumentation Systems (CEIS) products and services, which provides Time-Space-Position Information (TSPI) instrumentation, infrared (IR) countermeasures and warning systems, electronic warfare (EW) pods and unmanned threats and targets.
The objective of the Combat Environment Simulation Projects (CESP) Branch at the Naval Air Warfare Center - Weapons Division (NAWCWD) is research, development, delivery, sustainment, and upgrade of threat systems, range instrumentation equipment, range command and control equipment, data routing, storage, and display equipment, and associated software used for pre-deployment aircrew warfighter training and weapons systems test & evaluation (T&E) at Department of Defense (DoD) and Allied training and T&E Ranges. In May 2010, NAWCWD awarded Combat Environment Simulation (CES) Multiple Award Contract (MAC) under which 3 contracts were awarded: N68936-10-D-0034 with Jacobs Technology, N68936-10-D-0035 with Lockheed Martin and N68936-10-D-0036 with Engility Corporation. The PSC for the current CES MAC is AC17. The contract type for the current CES MAC is Cost Plus Fixed Fee, IDIQ. The CES MAC ordering period expires 08/31/2016.
For the follow-on(s), NAWCWD is soliciting former CES requirements under three separate competitions to fulfill the requirements being met under the current CES MAC. Separate competitions and solicitations are for T&E/Training Threat/Target Systems (T4S) and Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range (AEWTTR). This synopsis covers CEIS only.
CEIS will be competed on a full and open basis in accordance with FAR Part 15. This synopsis provides notice for the posting of the DRAFT Solicitation for soliciting comments and questions. The Government is particularly interested in meaningful feedback on the DRAFT Solicitation. The DRAFT RFP will be posted for a period of 21 days. Questions or comments shall be in writing and sent to the Contract Specialist/POC. These questions/comments and responses will be posted each week as a modification to this synopsis. While questions/comments to influence possible revisions to the FINAL Solicitation are due by 04/06/2016, the Government will continue to take questions/comments after that date. Please reference document and page numbers with each question/comment.
The CEIS solicitation will cover both product and services. Product item requirements include new and reconfigured systems, and training and T&E (T&T) ranges equipment. An end item is determined to be a product for any new system or existing system if the hardware or software baseline (as identified by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) documentation) changes. With respect to services the contractor shall sustain, maintain, repair, refurbish, and integrate end items, assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts, and components; conduct studies and replace obsolete technology; correct software and hardware failures based on field-level reports or engineering investigations conducted by the contractor, the Government, or a third party.
**Joint Certification Program (JCP) certification is required and proof shall be provided to the POC below to receive the DRAFT Solicitation.**
No pre-solicitation conference is required for this solicitation.
Even though the Government anticipates awarding multiple contracts for purposes of competing individual CEIS requirements, companies should also note that the acquisition approach being considered for CEIS is significantly different than previously used to award the current Combat Environment Simulation (CES) MAC. The following is the acquisition approach for the CEIS procurement:
1. The CEIS requirement will be solicited as predominantly Supply/Product with some ancillary Services. The Product PSC is 5865 and the Service PSC is K058 for CEIS.
2. The requirement will be solicited as a Multipe Award Contract (MAC). Five year ordering period. No options. NAWCWD China Lake will be the issuing office. It is the Government's intent to increase competition among qualified contractors at the task/deliver order level.
3. Contract Line items 0001 - 0006. The CEIS Request for Proposal (RFP) will include line items for competing and ordering products on Cost Plus Fixed Fee or Firm Fixed Price basis. The RFP will include separate Cost Plus Fixed Fee line item for competing and ordering services.
4. The Government does not have an actual requirement under CEIS that can be provided for proposing purposes with the MAC RFP. The Government will evaluate offers for selection of a contract under the MAC using Technical, Past Performance and Cost/Price data. The solicitation will include a level of effort that the offeror is to use for pricing services. IMPORTANT. Offerors will be required to provide direct and indirect rates supporting cost data sufficient to enable Government to understand how the direct and indirect rates are developed. Records of Forward Pricing Rate Agreements, DCAA Audits, DCMA system reviews will be critical from an offeror for the offeror to support its proposed direct and indirect rates.
5. Orders will be more project specific as opposed to the broader scope ordered under the current CES MAC.
The solicitation or Request for Proposal (RFP) will be posted on the FEDBIZOPPS website at http://www.fbo.gov/ on or about 03/16/2016.
All responsible sources must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database at the following website: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
Contractors must be certified through Defense Logistics Information Services (DLIS) in order to access Controlled Unclassified Information within FBO. See the DLIS website for registration details: http://www.dlis.dla.mil/jcp/.
POC: The point of contact is William Monckton, Contract Specialist, at 760-939-8234 or email@example.com. Responses must be in writing and submitted by E-mail to the Contract Specialist.