99--TRANSPORTATION FOR QSSI PARTICIPANTS 8/2-5/2016 HOUSTON
Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Corporate Franchise Data Center | Published July 5, 2016 - Deadline July 8, 2016
Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
Office: Employee Education System (EES)
Notice Type: Posted Date:
Sources Sought July 5, 2016
July 8, 2016
Original Proposed Set Aside:
485999 - All Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION. This is a Request for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought notice issued in accordance with FAR 15.201(e) to conduct market research. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes - it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ). This request for information does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or services whatsoever. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is not, at this time, seeking proposals and will not accept unsolicited costs incurred in response to this RFI; all costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the interested vendor's expense. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFQ, if any is issued. Any information submitted by respondents to this RFI is strictly voluntary. All submissions become Government property and will NOT be returned.
Contracting Office Address:
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
PCOE - St. Louis Contracting Office
11152 Towne Square
St. Louis, MO 63123-7813
VA Point of Contact:
314-894-6656 Ext. 65115
OVERVIEW: The Veterans Health Administration (VHA), a component of the Department of Veterans' Affairs, is seeking potential sources capable of providing transportation services for Quality Scholars Summer Institute Conference (QSSIC) hosted by the Houston VA Medical Center.
The purpose of this unclassified request for information (RFI) is to obtain information from vendors who can provide equipment, labor, supervision and other resources required to provide ground transportation bus service to for Ambulatory Personnel in support of the QSSIC.
The event will be held over a total period of four (4) days, from August 2-5, 2016 in Houston, TX. The vendor will need to supply adequate equipment and personnel to provide transportation for ambulatory individuals. This work will involve different itineraries each day for up to 12 hours a day. Vendor must be able to operate all necessary buses during specific peak times during the QSSIC that the Transportation Schedule requires. A Transportation Schedule will be provided once an official solicitation has been issued.
1. Buses must transport 100 people. Multiple buses may be used to meet the 100 passenger requirement.
2. Must ensure that signage is present on all shuttles, clearly designating the Department of Veteran Affairs and visibly able to be read within 25 feet.
3. Vehicles shall park in the areas reserved specifically for all vehicles within this contract (to be determined prior to event start date).
4. Ensure that all motor coaches have a comfortable environment with fully functional seasonal climate control including air conditioning.
5. Drivers must ensure all equipment and cargo, if appropriate, is secured prior to driving the vehicle.
6. Each vehicle will be equipped with a dedicated company cell phone. The cell phone must be on and immediately available at all times. Personal cell phones of the drivers are acceptable.
If you are interested in participating in this market research, please respond via e-mail no later than 2:00 PM CT on or before Friday, July 05, 2016 with responses to the attached questions (Attachment 1).
1. Specific Response Instructions: All correspondence relating to this (RFI) shall be submitted via email to Angela Perry at Angela.Perry@va.gov. Please submit your (RFI) response in accordance with the following:
a. All (RFI) submittals are to be no more than 20 pages in length, excluding the title page of the (RFI) document. The (RFI) document shall include the name of your company, a legitimate email address and phone number of the appropriate Point of Contact (POC) for your company, who will be managing this (RFI) process. Title the "subject line" of the e-mail "QSSIC Houston Transportation Services" and add the company name.
b. Any and all questions relating to this (RFI) shall be submitted to Stephanie Farrell at Angela.Perry@va.gov no later than 12:00 PM CT on or before Friday, July 8, 2016.
c. The issuing Contract Specialist shall post all questions received and the answers provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs to the entire pool of participants for this (RFI), no later than 3:30 PM CT on or before Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
d. All (RFI) responses shall be submitted to Angela Perry at Angela.Perry@va.gov no later than 2:00 PM CT on or before Friday, July 08, 2016.
2. Information Requested: In response to the RFI interested contractors shall submit the following information:
a. Company Information/Socio-Economic Status
b. Company size and POC information
c. VA has identified the appropriate North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code 485999, All Other Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation, which has a size standard of $15 Million for this RFI.
d. Indicate whether your company, subcontractors, teaming partners, joint ventures have a Federal Socio-Economic Status, e.g., Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Veteran Owned Small business, Women-Owned Small Business, Disadvantaged Small business (8A), and Hub Zone. If Service Disabled or Veteran Owned Small business, is your company and or partners registered in VA's VetBiz repository?
3. Capabilities/Qualifications: Provide answers to the questions in Attachment 1.
Your response should be formatted as follows: single-spaced, Times New Roman 12-point font, one-inch margins. Your document must be compatible with MS Office Word 2010. Failure to respond will not affect future opportunities, however; only those vendors who respond will be permitted to participate in individual discussions with the government.
DISCLAIMER: The government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI or to otherwise pay for information received in response to this RFI. This RFI will be the basis for collecting information on products available. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purpose only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in this RFI that is marked "proprietary" will be handled accordingly. Responses to the RFI will not be returned nor will receipt be confirmed. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this RFI are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Again, responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
Attachment 1 - Questions
Company Name: ____________________________________
POC: ______________________________ _________________ _______________________
Name Phone Email
1. What is the total number of transportation services you were responsible for over the last two years? Given that number,
" Describe the types of transportation services you performed for Government clients. Be specific and include details such as the mix of workers, managers, length of time, dates, preparation work and other relevant data. Also include any lessons you may have learned from the experience.
" How do you price your services? Hourly? 12 Hours? 24 Hours?
" What is your company's US geographic span? Where do you normally do business? Do you provide services nationwide or stay within the local area?
2. In the last two years, what have been your staff personnel to transportation service ratio? (i.e., given the number of transportation services, how did you fulfill the requirements of your contract with personnel?)
" Describe how you manage your part time workforce, and how many personnel you use part time?
" Describe how you manage your sub-contractors/consultants, if you use this method.
" What is the average length of time these personnel are employed by your company?
3. Do you understand this information and possible requirements for your company's transportation services?