Virtual Learning Environment
UNIVERSITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON ENTERPRISE LIMITED | Published November 2, 2015 - Deadline December 14, 2015
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is the University’s primary means of making learning and teaching materials, resources and associated tools available to students. The VLE provides an integrated learning and teaching environment which can enhance engagement with the University’s learning, teaching and assessment processes.
The University of Wolverhampton’s new VLE must:
• provide the required toolsets and functionality to enhance the learning and teaching experience across the University’s curriculum
• provide tools to enable further development of collaborative, engaging and interactive learning and teaching activities and opportunities
• provide demonstrable capability to integrate with other systems e.g. administrative, student management systems, email, learning, library, research and social media systems etc.
• the preference is to provide a VLE platform, either managed hosting or Software as a Service solution. It should be a ‘service’ that is adaptable, safe, secure and can evolve within an agile ICT environment that will be transforming over the next five years through a structured programme of work (the Digital Campus – Schedule 1 provides further detail on this programme)
• provide a platform that enables the University to remain responsive to, and be in step with, sector and global technology trends
• enable access to, by enrolment and non-enrolment means, course/module-based learning materials and/or other types of structured content
• enable access to content across the University’s provision, both on campus and at a distance, through its international/transnational education (TNE) and collaborative activities
• have good usability, clearly demonstrated by positive experience of the solution’s users in both HE and other sectors
• be accessible, enabling the University to meet its inclusion principles and legislative obligations
• enable staff and students to engage with content on corporate and personal devices, and with the use of assistive technology as appropriate to their needs
• be ‘Fit for Purpose’ by being reliable, scalable and able to integrate seamlessly with relevant University systems (present and future), and enabling compliance with relevant standards and legislative responsibilities
• be financially sustainable, offering value for money, affordability, scalability, flexibility and security.
To express your interest and view the full tender documentation please register on the address below. (https://wlv.bravosolution.co.uk)