Energy Accelerator Project Development Services
West Yorkshire Combined Authority | Published August 3, 2016 - Deadline January 30, 2017
The Energy Accelerator will provide expert technical, financial, commercial and specialist legal advice directly to Project Sponsors from the public and private sector who require project development support to develop projects through to financial close in the following low carbon sectors:
• District heating networks;
• Commercial and domestic energy efficiency retrofits including integration of renewable energy sources into the built environment (e.g. solar PV);
• Street lighting and low carbon transport.
WYCA expects that the Energy Accelerator will be required to meet contractual obligations relating to the leverage of project development support to capital investment reaching financial close. The procured suppliers will be expected to take a lead role in developing projects from initial appraisal for support through to financial close, and will be required to meet key performance indicators relating to leverage and other factors. While the final decision to support projects rests with WYCA, WYCA will make these decisions relying on recommendations made by the suppliers.
The estimated value (excluding VAT) of the services over three years is in excess of £5,000,000.
WYCA is tendering for external advisors to provide commercial, technical and technology specific legal project development support (pre-financial close) to individual project sponsors. WYCA intends to contract with a single lead supplier that can bring together the desired range of services.
A programme delivery team will be established within WYCA, utilising a combination of employed programme managements taff (a Programme Manager and a Programme Assistant) and contarcted specialist advisors. The contarcted specialist advisors are expected to consist of:
- Three (3) Commercial Sector Leads covering each investment programme. These leads will be account managers to individual project sponsors and will be responsible for identifying, commissioning and managing specialist support.
- One (1) Technical Cross Sector Lead
- A consortium of technical, comnmercial, financial and legal advisors.
Further details are provided in the invitation to tender documents.