TZ-SAGCOT Investment Project - P125728
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries | Published October 6, 2016
General Procurement Notice
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Name of theProject: &nb sp; Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania(SAGCOT)
Sector: Agr iculture
Credit No: 57760
Project IDNo. 125728
1. The Government of United Republic of T anzania has received a credit from InternationalDevelopment Association (IDA) of the World Bank towards the cost of Southern Agricu ltural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) andit intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to cover eligible payments f or goods, works, related services andconsulting services to be procured under this project
2. The Project developm ent objective is to accelerateadoption of new technologies and improved market access by smallholder farmers through expanding and creating partnership betweensmallholder farmers and agribusinesses in the Southern Corridor
3. The Project includethe followingcomponents;
Component 1. Strengthening of SAGCOT Support Institutions: This component w illstrengthen the capacity of SAGCOT Support Institutions in order to pursue their functions of information and data provision, support of investment planning and guidance, government/private sector inter-mediation, business enabling environment and investmentpromotion. The component will support two institutions:
(a) & prbsp;SAGCOT Centre: The Project will support the SAGCOT Centre, which was established as a public private partnership entity in201 to: (a) facilitate agri-business and partnershipdevelopment; (b) ensure inclusive and sustainable investment and development; and (c) facilitate an improved enabling environment for investors. The Project will support the Centre byproviding financ ing for staff and operational costs, studies and consul ting services to be contracted by the Centre.
(b) Tanzanian In vestment Centre (Government institution): The Project will support the TIC which was established as apublic sector entity in 1977 and designated asthe first point of call and a &l dquo;one-stop facilitation centre” for all potential investors coming into the country. The Project will support TIC toreform its processes with the aim to: (a ) strengthen its capacity to attract high quality, responsible, inclusive and ; sustainable commercial investments (national andinternational private sector); (b) provide a competitive fra mework for tendering; and (c) monitor and evaluate inve stments. The Project will finance equipment, technicalassistance and consultancies.
Component 2. Strengthening Sm allholder Business Linkages: The objective of thiscomponent will be to link smallholder farmers to agricultural value chains. The c omponent will: (a) expand the number ofsmallholders linked to agribusinesses in successful commercial partnerships; and (b) improvethe revenues derived by smallholdersand rural communities from these partnerships in the form of growth in agricultural productivi ty, income and employment. Thiscomponent will comprise two sub-components:
&nb sp; (a) FundManagement: Under this sub-component the Project will jointly with other donors support a management struc ture responsible for the implementation ofthe CatalyticTrust Fund (including Board, Secretariat and Fund Manager). Project support will include fees and ; salaries, goods and equipment, office operational cost s,meetings and workshops, communications, and technical assistance.
(b) Matching Grants: Matching Grants (MG) of USD 250,000 up to USD 1.5 million with a matching contribution of 30 percent(national bussi (nesses) and 40 percent (international business operators) will be awarded to existing agribusiness companies with undisputedland & sp; rights following a defined processof applic ation, evaluation and competitive selection. The grants can be used for capital and operational & nbsp; costs directly related to expanding smallholder participation incompetitive agricultural s upply chains.
Component 3. Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation: Thecomponent will establish project management and M&E systems and provide financing for salaries, office equipment,transportation and technical assistance service s. Complementarities will particularly be sought with other IDA fundedprograms such as the Private Sector Competitiveness Project a nd the Agricultural Sector Development Program.
4. Description of services to be procured under QCBS proced ures
(a) Consultancy services for Fund Management. The Fund manager will beresponsible for implementation of the Catalytic TrustFund
(b) Consultanc y services to facilitate identification of Investmentopportunities. Need to attract high quality, responsible, inclusive and sustain able commercial investments (National andInternational Private sector)
5. Procurement of the contractfinanced by the credit will beconducted through the procedure as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Go ods, Works, and Non-ConsultingServices under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grands (January 2011 edition) and is open to all elig ible bidders as defined inthe Guidelines.
6. Specific Procurement Notices for contracts to be bid un der the WorldBank’s International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced,as they become available in UN Development Business and dgMarket and local newspapers
7. ; Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive invitations or those requiring additionalinformation, should contact the address below.
The Permanent Secretary
Prime Minister’s Office
2 Magogoni Street
P.O. Box 3021,
&nnbsp; 11410 Dar-es-salaam,
Project Coordination Unit
2 Magogoni Street
P.O. Box 302 1,
Tel. 255 21 17249/58
Telefax. 255 21 12850
Email: &nbs p; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com