MW-Fin Reporting and Oversight Improveme - P130878
Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Development | Published April 25, 2016 - Deadline May 11, 2016
Supply, Delivery, Installation And Commissioning Of A Computer
Aided Audit Techniques / Tools (caats) For The National Audit Office, Lilongwe Malawi
MINISTRY OF FINANCE ECONOMIC PLANNING ANDDEVELOPMENT
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND OVERSIGHT IMPROVEMENTPROJECT
INVITATION TO Quote
Date:13 April 2016
Procurement Ref Number: FROIP/PFEMG11
1. Youare invited to submit your price quotation for the Supply, Delivery,Installation and Commissioning of a Computer AidedAudit Techniques / Tools (CAATS) for the National Audit Office, LilongweMalawi..
2. The technical specifications and required quantities is contained in Attachment 1 to this Invitation to Quote (hereafter"ITQ").
3. TheGovernment of Malawi has received a loan from the International Development Association in various currencies and intends to applythe proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contracts for which thisinvitation for quotation is issued.
4. You must quote for all items indicated in this ITQ.
5. Yourquotation in the required format must be addressed and submitted by thedeadline for submission to:
Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Development
P.O. Box 30049,
Tel: +265 1 789 337
Attention:Procurement Specialist, Room No 110.
6. Yourquotation should be presented in English language and should be accompanied by adequate technical documentation and catalogue(s)and other printed material or pertinent information (in English language) for the item quoted.
7. Thedeadlinefor receipt of your quotation at theaddress indicated above (Section 4) is: 11 May 2016 at3:00hrs,Malawi local time. Any clarification required about this ITQ can be requested only up to 4 May 2016 at 3:00hrs,Malawi local time.
8. Thequotation shall be delivered by the deadline indicated in Section 6, above, to the address indicated in Section 5. The quotationmust be one original and three copies duly signed by an authorized representative of the Supplier. The envelope containing yourquotation must be clearlymarked: "Quotation for the Computer Aided Audit Techniques for National Audit Office-Malawi" If the nameand reference is not mentioned, the Purchaser will not be responsible for any premature opening or late opening or non-acceptanceof the quotation due to late recognition of the quotation.
9. The Supplier needs to submit manufactures authorization of the software if they are not manufacturers themselves..
10. OtherConditions of Supply are as follows:
(i) PRICES quoted in differentcurrencies will be evaluated after converting them into Malawi Kwacha (local currency) at the exchange rate prevailing at theCentral Bank of Malawi on the date of evaluation, including the cost of delivery to the place of destination, and any VAT or CustomDuties.
(ii) PAYMENT foryour invoice will be made 100% against delivery document, thoughDirect Bank Transfer.
(iii) DELIVERYprices should be quoted for CIF Lilongwe forimported goods and ex-factory for domestically suppliedgoods or CIP Lilongwe according to INCOTERMS, 2010.
(iv) DELIVERY SCHEDULE 1 week/not exceeding 3weeks fromorderconfirmation.
(v) ORIGIN Goods offered should have their origin from the World Bank membercountries and you will be required to furnish a certificate of origin for each item for which you quote.
(vi) VALIDITY OF THE OFFER: Your quotation should be valid for a period of 45 days from the date of receipt of your quotation, indicated in Section 6 above. A quotation withless than 45 days validity may be rejected and may not be considered.
11. Each Bidder shall submit only one Quote, eitherindividually or as a member of a joint venture. A Bidder who submits or participates in more than one Quote shall cause all theproposals with the Bidder's participation to be disqualified. Further it is to be noted that no alternate quote is permitted underthis invitation to quote.
12. Additionalinformation may be obtained at the address indicated in Section 5 (above) and at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPUTER AIDED AUDIT TECHNIQUES / TOOLS (CAATs)SPECIFICATIONS
Technical Specification of Items required including applicable standards
a) Data Access:Must have the Ability to access data from differentsystems like COBOL, Oracle, SQL with the ability of analysing dataIt should also be capable of importing and analysing data fromflat files such as Text, CSV, Excel, Word, Access, Print Image Format and Adobe PDF
b) Dataconversion: The system should be able to export existentdata to new data types.
c) DataRefresh: the system must have the ability to auto-refreshdata from time to time without manual intervention
d) Provide for security of thedata at rest and in transit
a) UnicodeSupport: the system must have ability to supportUnicoderequirements where systems are different
b) VisualData Relations: the system must have ability to undertakevisual data relations that will aid in the analysis of data.
c) Benford Analysis:the proposed data analysis tool must have the ability to undertake Benford analysis withoutput to either a table and/orgraph.
d) FuzzyDuplicates: the proposed data analysis tool must have theability to detect fuzzy duplicates for specified data sets.
e) Date Timevalues: the system must be able to handle date/ timevalues
f) Conditional Computed Fields: the systemshould allow forthe computation of new analysis values based on conditions that may differ inspecification.
g) Sampling:System should be able to support sampling requirements asrequired.
h) Visualizations: results of analysesshould be presented in visual forms that users can specify and use for drill down to underlyingrecords
i) Sharing ofExceptions: the system should incorporate innovative waysof sharing findings and auctioning them.
j) Offer bestpractice tests for adoption: the system shouldincorporate libraries of best-practice tests for business processes.
k) Integration with Audit Management systems: specify how the tool can be integrated into audit management processes and testing
l) Use new IT technologies formobile access on tablets and other smart devices.
a) Processingof Multiple Commands: the system must have the ability toundertake multiple command processing
b) Drill downFunctionality: Graphs generated within the analysis toolmust provide for a drill down functionality to the composition data,
c) Schedulingand automating repetitive tasks using scripts: The systemmust have the ability to automate regular testing (scheduling) to allow focus on higher task areas and on core internal audit andinspection processes.
d) Graphingin a Script: Manual and automated scripts within the toolmust be capable of
e) Record - to-Record Comparisons: The analysis tool must be capable ofcomparing record to record from up to 10 multiple systems simultaneously. The tool should be capable of handling analyses of over50 million records
f) Handle Largefile sizes: The system should be able to work with hugefiles without hanging.
g) Key ValueExtraction: The tool should be able to extract key valueinformation from vast amounts of data including identifying patterns and trends
h) Read-only interface tosystems: The system must not change data from sourcesystems and only maintain a read-onlyrecord.
i) Re-MapFields: The requirement to re-map fields prior toandduring an analysis must be handled within the analysis tool
j) SearchCapabilities: The tool should have a search functionalitythat allows users to search for unique identifiers within specified fields and to thereafter extract records thatmatch.
k) QuickSort: The system must have the ability to allow users toquickly sort data in either ascending/ descending order for allor select fields
l) Quick Filter :Must allow users quickly filter all data or selected fields
m) Group records by key: Where the key to data records are identified, theanalysis tool should be able to provide statistics onthe data and analyse records based on the key.
n) Group records by key: Where the key to data records are identified, the analysis tool should be able to provide statistics on the dataand analyse records based on the key.
a) Real-time access to remote data: Ability to read and monitor the contents of selected folders or files on the server,identifying when an update has been made for analysis purposes
b) Network Usage: The data analysis tool proposed must support network usage and access from different users managedthrough a server
c) Continuous Monitoring :Ability to undertake continuous monitoring of the different datasources with ability to generate auto triggers with alerts of critical information
d) System logs:Ability to maintain a comprehensive log for allactivities carried out
e) Accessrights: The system should adhere to existing security andaccess controls
f) Specialization: Ability to helporganizations specializeby role e.g. Administrator, data specialist and analyst
g) Quickly discover and report fraud, errors, and inefficiencies
h)Backup andrecovery: The system should allow for automatic backup and recovery of theinformation available in the system
i) Secure storage ofdata: Maintain a centralized and secure repository for all the data needed andresulting from audits.
a) Ability to be licensedon individual user basis.
b) Subscription pricingshould allow for adding or dropping of users asrequired by the department.
c) Subscription should also provide accessto active professional websites for knowledge and guidance as appropriate.
d) Provide a central place for themanagement of licences owned by the Department.
e) Different users of the system shouldbeable to be licensed according to their role.
f) Product range should provide aclearroadmap on development of solution to encompass other audit management activities.
a) Thevendor must providetraining in accordance with the requirements indicated below for both the administrators of the system and theusers:
b.) Carry out a skills transferproject in the use of the tool in an actual work environment
a) The vendor mustindicate how support will be provided to ensure timely and efficient resolution of all escalated issues. Support for next3 yearsmust be included in the proposal.
b) The vendor will berequired to work with the proposed team to validate the results from the script analysis.
c) Experienceof vendor: the vendor must show focus and dedication tothe support of the application
d) Domainexpertise: explain the depth of skills in data analysisand years of experience.
e) Clientbase ? have an existing client base in Malawi, the regionor continent.
License Initial Period:
The License must have a minimumof initial 5 (five) years ofsupport and maintenance period