PROVISION OF EVENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR THE UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT ASSEMBLY (UNEA - 2) TO ...
United Nations Secretariat | Published January 15, 2016 - Deadline January 29, 2016
United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) on behalf of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), hereby invites qualified firms to submit their Expression of Interest to participate in the upcoming competitive bidding exercise for the provision an Event Management Services for the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA- 2) to be held between 22 and 27 May 2016 at the UN Gigiri Complex in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP will be organizing its second United Nations Environment Assembly at the UNON Gigiri compound between 22 and 27 May 2016. UNEA is the main governing body of UNEP whose functions include:
• Setting the global environmental agenda;
• Providing overarching policy guidance and defining policy responses to address emerging
• Undertaking policy review, dialogue and exchange of experiences;
• Setting the strategic guidance on the future direction of UNEP;
• Organizing a multi-stakeholder dialogue;
• Fostering partnerships for achieving environmental goals and resources mobilization.
UNEA replaced the Governing Council, which was established as a 58-member body in 1972 to promote international environmental cooperation and coordinated environmental activities within the UN system.
To celebrate the second meeting of UNEA, UNEP will host a reception and gala dinner on 27 May 2016.
• Ensure the active participation of all relevant stakeholders in the governance of UNEP;
• Promote a strong science-policy interface.
» A high-level reception and gala dinner programme for up to 700 delegates that will include
Environment Ministers, senior representatives from the member states, Heads of Missions;
representatives of the Civil Society, other members of the diplomatic community and other UNEA
» Cocktail reception for up to 500 guests;
» Gala dinner (sit-down) for up to 500 guests with a programme of speeches and entertainment.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The vendor will be expected to develop a creative concept and a detailed plan for the delivery of the Reception and Gala Dinner.
1. Reception and Gala Dinner Programme ,
• Propose creative concepts for the dinner and the programme that will differentiate this event from previous similar events in the past years, while keeping at the level and tone that befits UNEA;
• Provide venue solutions for the number of attendees and the components of the evening programme
• Organize catering arrangements for food and beverages based on the level of attendees; sustainability guidelines, and the budget.
• Perform stage direction and on-site management;
• Secure the services of an emcee and options for entertainment based on UNEP’s guidance;
• Develop the programme run-time and script for the Emcee.
2. Staging and Logistics – sourcing, coordinating, setting-up & dismantling of venue and all equipment in consideration of all procedures and guidelines of UNON (facilities management, health, safety, security, etc.);
• Venue set-up;
• Dinner set up, including linens, floral arrangements, table centre-pieces and other decorations;
• Stage design and set-up;
• Stage and venue lighting;
• Provision of wide screens on stage;
• Sound system and programme music;
• AV projection systems with live feed provisions;
• Stage backdrop, lectern;
• AV and Photography coverage;
• Adequate staff for setup, ushers, and other operational staff;
• Set-up for guests registration;
• Removal of the set-up/staging material at the end of the event;
• Power, water, portable toilets and all other utility requirements that will not be provided at the location.
• Event and conference management services
• Organize a high-level reception and gala dinner for up to 700 guests including catering, programme, scripting, and stage design and set-up
• Provide tents, tables, chairs, décor and technical equipment to host gala dinner and other events
• Provide sound system and AV projection system with live feed provisions
• Secure and manage entertainment, Emcees, celebrities and similar participants
• Put-up / take-down, staffing for event
• Manage and coordinate a series of high-level events including opening and closing ceremony and panel discussions
• General logistics
• Guest support services, incl. lodging
• Creative design services, including space design
• Printing services, including branding and merchandise (USB sticks, t-shirts etc)
• Ad buying
• Customs clearance support
3. Greening of the events
• Adopting all necessary measures to ensure the event is environmentally friendly and follows sustainability standards (menu selection, decors, theme etc.).
Those interested in participating in the tender exercise may forward their Expressions of Interest (EOI) along with the signed vendor forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. All EOI submissions should be sent via email, citing the EOI reference number and title in the subject line.
UNON reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement of this EOI at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this REOI does not automatically guarantee your company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued. Only Vendors which in UN's sole discrition are deemed eligible and qualified upon completion of an objective evaluation of their EOI submissions may receive the final tender solicitation documents.