The establishment of a single operator framework agreement for the provision of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Services
Louth County Council | Published January 4, 2017 - Deadline January 25, 2017
Louth County Council are seeking tenders from suitable qualified individuals or organisations for the conducting of inspection and testing of Portable Electrical Appliances (PAT) in accordance with the following legislation and guidance:
• The Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. (No. 10 of 2005)
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations 2007. (S.I. No. 299 of 2007) Part 3. Electricity.
• IS 3217: 2008 – Emergency Lighting
• IS 3218: 2009 – Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
• Electro-Technical Council of Ireland “National Rules for Electrical Installations” 4th Edition ET 101: 2008
Such testing will include and not be limited to:
• visual inspection of each item
• an insulation resistance test
• an earth protective conductor test (class 1 only)
• flash test and load test and verification of earth continuity
• Verification of correct fuse rating
• Verification of suitability and integrity of cord grip
• Verification of correct cable termination
• Verification that there are not any exposed cables
• Verification that there are no signs of internal damage or overheating
• Verification that there is no evidence of the presence of liquid, dust or dirt.
The successful tenderer will also:
• Issue to the Local Authority suitable certification that Portable Appliances tested conform to the appropriate Health and Safety Regulations.
• Be required to record and present in a suitable hard copy and digital copy format, a data base, which shall be and remain the property of Louth County Council, of all the equipment tested and its status following the inspection in an agreed format that can be maintained by the authority, it must have the following headings:
o Location or vehicle registration
o Section i.e. water services, housing, environment
o Date of initial test
o Description of equipment, e.g. computer screen, computer box, lead, phone charger, jigsaw, circle saws etc.
o Frequency of testing in accordance with Appendix 9 of Po
Type of Contract: