AOI – Gambia - Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project – 06 2015
| Published June 12, 2015
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project
Invitation for Bids: Supply and Installation of storage water tanks, piped distribution network and
rehabilitation of water reticulation systems in rural Gambia
Date: June 2015
Grant No: ADF-2100155022173
IFB No: GAMRWSSP/W02-Lot1,2&3/2014
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared
in UNDB P-GM-E00-003 of 24th February 2012 on-line and on the African Development Bank
Group’s Internet Website.
2. The Government of The Gambia has received Financing from the African Development Bank in
various currencies towards the cost of The Gambia Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project. It
is intended that part of the proceeds of this Grant will be applied to eligible payments under
contracts for the Supply, installation and connection of Water Systems in 22 locations,
consisting of the following three packages/lots:
Lot 1: Supply and erection of elevated aluminum water storage tanks in 18 sites
LOT 2 Installation of new Village Piped Water Distribution networks in 18 communities
Lot 3: Rehabilitation of Existing Rural Water Supply Reticulation Systems in 4 sites
3. The Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Water and Wildlife now invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders for one or more of the lots for the Supply, installation and connection of Water
Systems in 22 locations.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at
the office of Project Management Unit, Department of Water Resources, 7 Marina Parade,
Banjul, Tel: 4201013/4223175.
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of
a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$300 or
equivalent in Gambian Dalasis.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the
provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or
Procurement of Works.
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 14.00hrs on the 30th of July 2015 and must
be accompanied by the following security from a reputable Banking Institution:
For Lot1: US$ 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand United States Dollars)
For Lot2: US$ 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand United States Dollars)
For Lot3: US$ 30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand United States Dollars)
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 14.00 hrs
Gambia time on the 30th of July 2015 at the offices of Department of. Water Resources 7,
Marina Parade, Banjul, The Gambia.