GEF:Governance and Knowledge Generation - P118145
Plan Bleu | Published January 19, 2015 - Deadline February 2, 2015
Towards An Update Of Egypt?s National Environment Strategy
REGIONAL ? GOVERNANCE ANDKNOWLEDGE GENERATION PROJECT (GEF grant)Grant No.: TF011513Assignment title: "Towards an update of Egypt's National EnvironmentStrategy''Reference No.: IC023
Plan Bleu has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Regional ?Governance and Knowledge generation Project (ReGoKo Project; GEF grant), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultingservices.
The consulting services ("the Services") will consist in the realization of specific tasks undertheactivity "Towards an update of Egypt'sNational Environment Strategy" to be implemented in Egypt.
The main objective of the activity is to provide a strategic framework for mainstreaming and addressing majorenvironmental issues within key development sectors in Egypt (transport, energy, waste, etc.) while supporting the transitiontowards a Green and Sustainable Economy.
The specific objective of the consultancy is to assist the Government of Egypt with initiating the revision of theNational Environment Strategy and Action Plan for the period 2017-2022 by providing technical assistance to carry out the followingactivities:
- Review the current status of environment as well assectoral and cross-sectoral environmental strategies and plans in Egypt for sectors such as water and sanitation, biodiversity,solid waste, etc.
- Assist EEAA in preparing a cross-cuttingEnvironmentalStrategic Planning process through inter-institutional policy dialogue and multi-stakeholderconsultations
- Conduct a gap analysis and formulate strategicdirections for future environmental actions
- Develop a 2-year Roadmap that will serve as a basisfor the revision of the NEAP
- Document the process and disseminate the results atthe regional level
The activity will cover an implementation period of approximately 4months and will be finalized by mid-June 2015. The expected level of effort is 54 person/days.
Plan Bleu now inviteseligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Firms are also invited topropose individual consultants. In such a case, only the experience and qualifications of the proposed individual shall be used inthe selection process, corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract would be signed with the proposedindividual.
Interested Consultants should provide an expression of interest,clearly stating relevant informationdemonstrating that they have therequired qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services, including theirCVs. At this point, a financialoffer isnot to be provided.
Consultants should have the following qualifications:
(1) Diploma: Master'sdegree or PhD in environmental sciences, public policies, environmental assessment.
(2) Domains of expertise: Environmental policy,sustainable development and green economy
(3) Years of professional experience in general:20
(4) Years of professional experience in the requireddomains: 15
(5) Previous experience in similar projects: at least10 years
(6) Language requirements: proficiency in English andArabic.
Selection criteria are:
A. Relevant diploma, fields of expertise and at least 15 years of professional experience in therequired domains;
B. Previous experience with similar projects;
C. Specific knowledge of the sustainable development context in Egypt;
D. Language: proficiency in English and Arabic.
The Consultant will be selected in accordancewith the selection method for Individual Consultants setout in the Consultant Guidelines Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World BankBorrowers. The attention ofinterested Consultants is drawn toparagraph 1.9 of these guidelines, dated January 2011,highlighting the policies of the World Bank onconflicts of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the addressbelow during office hours.
Expressions of interest, including relevant references, mustbe delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by February 2nd, 2015 10:00 am (local time inFrance):
Plan Bleu, Marseille office
Attn: Ms. Lina TODE, coordinator of the ReGoKoproject
Villa Valmer, 271 Corniche Kennedy
F-13007 Marseille - France
Tel: +33 4 84 25 35 77
The Project website: http://regoko.planbleu.org/ Plan Bleu website:http://planbleu.org/