INVITATION TO SUBMIT AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
AS TO THE AVAILABILITY OF SPACE FOR LEASE
IN THE CITY OF SAINT JOHN, NEW BRUNSWICK
FILE NUMBER R.081815.001
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) acting on behalf of Fisheries and Oceans Canada is asking interested parties to provide information for a potential lease of space that meets the following criteria:
Section A: Lease Components
1. the proposed helicopter hangar space must be attached to the proposed office space;
2. the proposed exterior apron space must have direct airside access to the proposed helicopter hangar space;
3. the proposed office space must have a minimum clear ceiling height of 2.75 metres (m), to a maximum of 3.05 m;
4. the proposed helicopter hangar space must be a minimum of 15.23 m wide X approximately 22.00 m deep;
5. the proposed helicopter hangar space must be heated;
6. the proposed helicopter hangar space must have a minimum clear ceiling height of 6.10 m;
7. the proposed helicopter hangar space must have an interior overhead crane system capable of lifting 5000 kg;
8. the proposed helicopter hangar space must have an overhead door of 3.66 m wide X 4.57 m high at grade level at the rear of the space;
9. a 25 m X 25 m paved unobstructed area must be available in front of the rear overhead door. The paved unobstructed area must be measured from the center of the rear overhead door and be for the exclusive use of the intended user;
10. the proposed helicopter hangar space must have an overhead door of 12.00 m wide X 6.10 m high at grade level and have direct airside access to the proposed exterior apron space;
11. the proposed exterior apron space must be a minimum of 31.63 m wide X approximately 31.63 m deep;
12. the surface of the proposed exterior apron space must be Portland cement concrete;
13. exterior space for a 2500 litre aviation fuel tank and related hoses, pumps and accessories;
14. the physical characteristics of the lands and the building and the area and environment surrounding it, including neighboring land uses, shall be compatible with the Lessee’s intended use of the accommodation;
15. PWGSC will not consider spaces or buildings that do not provide acceptable configuration, are located in proximity to sites with incompatible usages, do not meet PWGSC’s and/or the intended user’s safety or security requirements, or are not currently properly zoned;
Note: PWGSC may wish to visit or inspect the proposed space upon reasonable notice and a threat and risk assessment may be undertaken in order to assess potential threats to the security of the proposed space and to the public.
Section B: Responses
Interested parties are requested to submit their response to this EOI in writing to the following address:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Bid Receiving Unit
1713 Bedford Row
or by facsimile to 902-496-5016
or by email to the contact listed below in Section F.
Please indicate File No. R.081815.001 on all correspondence.
Section C: Responses Requested by
As this may be the only invitation to submit an Expression of Interest for this potential lease project, owners or their agents should provide their response by January 30, 2017. Any response received after this date may not be considered.
Section D: Information Provided by Interested Parties or Agents of Interested Parties
Information provided by interested parties or agents of interested parties should include the file number, the location and municipal address of the building, current zoning, specific location of space within the building, measured area of space, site plan, architectural drawings identifying the proposed space with washrooms, exits and other design elements, private/public parking facilities, and details addressing the criteria listed above in Section A. Agents submitting a response to this EOI must provide PWGSC with a letter authorizing them to do so.
Section E: Security Requirement
If this EOI results in a future tender process, the building owners of the proposed spaces will have to hold a valid security clearance at the Reliability level, approved and granted by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD) of PWGSC prior to award. All parties interested in this potential lease project are advised to obtain this security clearance level in advance. Information regarding security clearance can be obtained on the website of the CISD/PWGSC at http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca. Please contact the person listed in Section F to initiate the security clearance process.
Section F: Additional Information
For more information, please contact Jeff MacDonald, Senior Leasing Officer, by phone at 902-628-5254 or by email to: email@example.com.
Section G: List of Available Space
This EOI is issued in order to invite interested parties to demonstrate their interest in providing the requirements described herein. This information may be included in a list of available space and used for potential future solicitations.
Section H: Not a Solicitation Process
Note that this is not a tender process, nor a request for proposal, but only an inquiry as to the availability of space to lease. PWGSC will not necessarily invite offers, or lease any space, and may not post any future ads related to this request. The information provided through this EOI may be included in a source list of available space and PWGSC may issue an invitation to tender for other leasing requirements based on this information, or based on any other information which may come to its attention prior to an issuance of an invitation to tender; or it may invite offers by way of public tender. PWGSC reserves the right to proceed with an Invitation to Offer to Lease by inviting only parties deemed to most effectively meet specific operational, security and public safety requirements.