BR Parana Multi-sector Development - P126343
Secretaria da Administração e da Previdência - SEAP | Published March 21, 2016 - Deadline April 11, 2016
Selection Of Consulting Firms In A Bird-financed Project For
Installing The Infrastructure For Spatial Environmental Data Of The State Of Paraná
NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST No. 04/2016
SELECTION OF CONSULTING FIRMS IN A BIRD-FINANCED PROJECT FORINSTALLING THE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SPATIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DATA OF THE STATE OF PARANÁ
Loan Agreement No. 8201-BR
1. The State of Paraná has receiveda loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), aimed at financing the Paraná Multi-sectorDevelopment Project. The project has as its main objective the modernization of the management of the public sector, aiming atimproving the provision of services and at making the access to opportunities of human andeconomic development fairer and moreenvironmentally sustainable in the State of Paraná.
2. The Multi-sectorProject for the Development of Paraná published its General Procurement Notice on UNDB Online on November 17th, 2014.
3. Thus, the State of Paraná through the State Secretariat of Planning and GeneralCoordination (SEPL) and through the State Secretariat of Environment andWater Resources (SEMA) inform that they will prepare aShort List of companies for the execution of Consulting Services for THE DEVELOPMENTAND IMPLANTATIONOF THE INFRASTRUCTURE FORSPATIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DATA OF THE STATE OF PARANÁ (IDE-SEMA), in accordance with the Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011. The selection will take place underthe Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method.
4. IDE-SEMA shall be asolution based on a web environment with the objective of integrating several geotechnology tools and of compiling and makingavailable the geospatial data that stored by SEMA and by its associated institutions, in order to improve planning, management andmonitoring of and intervention into the associated areas. The primary services for the contracted consultancy will have as theirobjective to:
a. Present a Work Plan, which must cover the actions to be developed, inorder to formalize and monitor the process of implantation of IDE-SEMA into the contracting party's production environment, fullyreflecting what is going to be executed, directing all actions in tactical and strategic planning of implementationof projectstages for achieving the final result, with clear references to the estimated time frame for its execution as well as to thenecessary resources.
b. Perform the analysis and project design ofIDE-SEMA in accordance with interoperability standards defined by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), including the mapping andmodeling of processes and spatial and non-spatial databases, the descriptions of operation concepts, the specification ofrequirements, of technologies, of interfaces, of the SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) architecture, in addition tothe planningfor continuing management;
c. Provide definitive licensing, wheneverneeded, for software packages for the Solution, including the MetadataCatalog, the Map Service Provider, the Map Viewer, theInstitutional Portal and the IDE Administration Module, for usage from within the Public Administration of the Executive Branch ofthe State of Paraná, with guaranteed updates for the products for as long as the contract is valid.
d. Code the modules that need to be developed for the solution, as well as handle their implantation andhomologation in a production environment belonging to the contracting party, including the presentation of preliminary versions forvalidation and the execution of installation and setup activities, in order to ensure the integrated functioning of all modules andtools, both between themselves and with external applications. The solution homologation stage must include a period of assistedoperation (otherwise called mentoring), in which the technicians that work for the contracted company remain in the contractingparty facilities for monitoring the operation;
e. Elaborate and run the dataand metadata loading plan, including services for the treatment, standardization and inclusionof geospatial data belonging to SEMAand its associated institutions,as well as the registration of their respective metadata in the composition of the IDE-SEMAinformation registry.
f. Plan, elaborate and run training sessions andprograms for the transfer of knowledge and technology in order to technically enable the teams appointed by SEMA through a programthat can generate multipliers, able to spread knowledge to all agents associated with the Project;
g. Produce and present all the solution documentation, including a data dictionary, an installation and setupmanual for the solution, operation manuals for users (consumers, content producers and administrators), drawings and diagrams,source-code of the developed applications, development projects and a final technical report with a full compilation of allactivities performed and a broad description of all procedures;
h. Executecorrective maintenance and offer technical support regarding IDE-SEMA for six months after the system is homologated.
5. The eligible firms that areinterested in provisioning the services must express theirinterest by submitting information that shows they have the experience and competence necessary for executing the requiredservices. For that, they must present:
a. Company or institutioninformation, including: I) legal name; II) date of constitution of the company; III) full address; IV) phone number and email; V)company website; VI) name of person in charge or representative of the company; VII) technical board (used in similar projects tothose in this procurement, indicating how much experience, the academic degree and associated certifications of the team); VIII)technological level (meaning a list with name and quantity of software licenses and equipments owned), according to Form"A".
b. A list of companies and/or institutions that have benefited fromsimilar tasks, finished or in conclusion, with a presentation of the respective proof that the services were executed and executioncertificates, which must be issued by those companies or institutions. Present a table filled according to the informationrequested in Form "B".
c. A portfolio of past services executed forcompanies or institutions that have benefited from item 5b, associated to the development and implantation of similar solutions andto the management and offering of web services using geospatial data, geospatial ETL, data load, metadata and geospatial datahygiene. These service descriptions must carry as much information as possible, including, amongothers: the year of the executionof the services, name of the client, objective, performed activities, products, period of execution, contract price and projectscope. The interested company must present a table filled in accordance with the information requested on Form "C". In case ofprojects carried out as part of a joint venture, the bidder must explain what was their participation in theactivities.
d. A declaration of intention to constitute a Joint Venture,if applicable, with the name ofthe companies with which the Joint Venture will be constituted. The presentation of elementsrequired on items 5a, 5b and 5c must also carry the identification of which member of the Joint Venture is responsible for thatparticular provision of services. The formalization of theJoint Venture will only be required for the signing of thecontract.
e. Other information or documents that the company may deemrelevant for demonstrating their experience in the execution of these services.
6. This Expression of Interestdoes not imply any obligation to contract.
7. The companies and institutions shall be selected according to the evaluation criteria for the formation oftheShort List, according to their verified experience.
8. The World Bankrules require that consultants offer professional, objective and impartial advising, treating the interests of the client as apriority, not considering the possibility of future contracts, and require that, in offering consulting services, they avoidconflicts with other tasks or with their own corporative interests. Consultants shall not be able to be contracted for executingany task in conflict with their current obligations orobligations previously assumed with other clients, or that may place them ina position that disables them from executing the tasks in a way that best suits the borrower's interests.
9. Selection and contracting of consultancyservices will follow the contents of theGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants byWorld Bank Borrowers, January2011. The Guidelines are available at the following addresses:
10. Not limiting the directionsstated above, consultants described on paragraphs 1.9 (a), (b), (c) and (d) of the Guidelines shall not be contracted.
11. It is a Bank policy to ask of all borrowers, contracted firms and its agents, inaddition to all employees associated to them to adhere to the highest ethical standards during the selection and execution ofcontracts financed by the Bank in the terms of clause 1.23 of the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants Under IBRDLoans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
12. Further information may be obtained at the following phone numbers: +55 (41) 3313-6413, +55 (41)3313-6409; and at the following email address: email@example.com.
13. The expressions of interest shall be received preferably though electronic means at the following emailaddress: firstname.lastname@example.org, or through accesslinks to web servers.
14. Expressions of interest may also be received bymail, exclusively in digital format through electronic means (such as DVDs, CDs, flashdrives and others) at the following address:Palácio das Araucárias |Departamento de Administração de Material ? DEAM Equipe2 | Rua Jacy Loureiro de Campos, s/n° - 3º andar ?Ala A | Centro Cívico | CEP 80.530-140 | Curitiba ? PR, Brazil.
15. Theexpressions of interest shall be received until 6:00 pm of April 11th, 2016.
Curitiba, March 21th,2016.
State Secretariatof Planning and General Coordination
TEMPLATE "A" -Characterization of the company or institution (*)
Date ofconstitution of company
Person incharge of company, or companyrepresentative
TechnicalBoard (as employed in similar projects, including information regarding theemployee's experience, academic formation and associated certifications)
Technological Level (meaning a list with name andquantity of software licenses and equipments owned)
*In case ofthe submission of additional documents in addition to theones listed at the table, add accordingly:
Referenceindex (indicate the name of the submitted documents, the number of pages in each document, considering that each document musthavecontinuous page numbering).
TEMPLATE "B"-List of main projects, executed or in conclusion (**)
Date of ContractSigning
**In case ofthe submission of additional documents in addition to theones listed at the table, add accordingly:
Referenceindex (indicate the name of the submitted documents, the number of pages in each document, considering that each document must havecontinuous page numbering).
TEMPLATE "C" -Portfolio of past services to companies or institutions that have benefitedfrom item 5b. (***)
***In case ofthe submission of additional documents in addition to the oneslisted at the table, add accordingly:
Referenceindex (indicate the name of the submitted documents, thenumber of pages in each document, considering that each document musthave continuouspage numbering).