The scope of work consists of supplying and installing a municipal grade watermain that will connect to the existing town watermain approximately 500m away and be routed to and connect to the Satellite Office and Warehouse.
In general, work under this contract consists of, but will not necessary be limited to, the following:
- Connect the watermain to the town main in the general vicinity shown on the plans, and be installed generally in a service ditch to be constructed adjacent to or below the existing roadway and the line will be brought in the ditch to the DFO office. The ditch would need to be at least 2.5m deep by 1m wide. Some blasting would need to occur to construct the ditch. The waterline will need a minimum 2m cover to protect it from freezing.
- Install a curbstop valve where the pipe connects to the town main, and also another outside the DFO building. A new above grade hydrant will also be installed near the DFO building as indicated on the plans. The watermain would also be brought inside the DFO building under the footing and be connected to the building domestic water system including the installation of a main shut-off valve and backflow prevention inside the building.
- Excavate, blast, and supply of fill, bedding or other construction materials.
- All work referenced on the plans and other specifications.
- Include a fully operational and commissioned system.
- Provide and maintain Dust Control Barriers as required to carry out the work in locations designed and in accordance with Section 01 35 99 – Dust Control Procedures.
Morrison Construction are working on behalf of CWA to undertake watermain renewal and refurbishment of mains in Armadale, Blackburn and Broxburn. We require to have SNIPEF and CORGI qualified plumbers available at maximum 2 hours notice to be available 24 hours per day to react/resolve any Domestic plumbing issues which may occur.