High Energy Extreme UV Spectrometer System
Department of the Army, Army Contracting Command | Published June 29, 2016 - Deadline July 5, 2016
(i) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
APG-ADL-B.5152.206-4400 INTENT TO SOLICIT ONLY ONE SOURCE (FEB 2015)The proposed contract action is for supplies or services for which the Government is soliciting and negotiating with only one source under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b) (1) (i) "Only one responsible source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements." The name of the company the Government intends to award a contract to is, Schoeffel International Corporation 7-A Stuart Road Chelmsford, MA, 01824-4107. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. However, the Government will consider all proposals received prior to the closing date and time of this solicitation.
(ii) The solicitation number is W911QX-16-T-0192. This acquisition is issued as an request for quotation (RFQ).
(iii) The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-88 effective 16 May 2016.
(iv) The associated NAICS code is 334516. The small business size standard is N/A
(v) The following is a list of contract line item number(s) and items, quantities and units of measure, (including option(s), if applicable): High Energy Extreme UV Spectrometer System as listed below:
(vi) Description of requirements:
(1) An extreme ultraviolet (UV) spectrometer with wavelength dispersion over a range of 30 to 150 nanometer.
(2) An integrated detector capable of operation over a photon energy range of 10 to ~10,000 electron volts (eV).
(3) This system, by physical necessity based on the range of extreme UV wavelengths being dispersed and detected shall operate under vacuum conditions (light at these wavelengths will not transmit through air). The system shall be contained in a suitable vacuum housing, with appropriate port connectors (4.5" Conflat flange, an industry standard) to mate with an existing vacuum system.
(4) Entrance and exit slits to the spectrometer shall be variable in width (range of 0.01 to 3 millimeter) and height (2 to 20 millimeter) to accommodate a range of experimental conditions.
(5) The spectrometer shall include two (2) holographic gratings for wavelength dispersion, one each at 1200 grooves/millimeter and the other at 2400 grooves/millimeter, mounted on a grating turret for selection of one or the other grating.
(6) The gratings shall have a coating suitable for work in the extreme UV wavelength range of 30 to 150 nanometer.
(7) The spectrometer and detector shall be matched for focal length to provide maximum detection of dispersed extreme UV light.
(8) The detector shall be of the Charged-Coupled Device (CCD) type, in a pixel array of 1024 x 255 elements, to provide adequate resolution of the dispersed extreme UV light.
(9) The detector shall include a complete thermoelectric cooler, with power supply.
(10) The shutter assembly shall be vacuum compatible.
(11) The system shall include all control cables, power cords, mechanical linkages, stepping drive controllers, and ancillary controls for complete and unified function of the spectrometer and detector as one system
(vii) Delivery is required: twelve (12) weeks After Receipt of Order (ARO). Delivery shall be made to US Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005. Acceptance shall be performed at US Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The FOB point is US Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
(viii) The provision at 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors - Commercial, applies to this acquisition. The following addenda have been attached to this provision: N/A
(ix) The provision at FAR 52.212-2, Evaluation - Commercial Items is applicable to this acquisition. The specific evaluation criteria to be included in paragraph (a) of that provision are as follows: N/A
(x) Offerors shall include a completed copy of the provision at FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations with its offer.
(xi) The clause at 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The following addenda have been attached to this clause: N/A
(xii) The clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders - Commercial Items and the selected clauses listed in DFARS 212.301 Solicitation provisions and Contract Clauses for the Acquisition of Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The following additional FAR/DFARS clauses cited in this clause are applicable:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (July 2013), 52.204-10 Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards (July 2013), 52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Jul 2015); 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Jul 2015);52.209-6 Protecting the Government's Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment. (Aug, 2013), 52.219-28 Post Award Small Business Program Representation (July 2013), 52.222-3 Convict Labor (June 2003), 52.222-19 Child Labor-Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (Jan 2014), 52.222-21 Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (Feb 1999), 52.222-26 Equal Opportunity (Mar 2007), 52.222-36 Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (July 2014), 52.222-50 Combatting Trafficking in Persons (Mar 2015), 52.223-18 Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (Aug 2011), 52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases (June 2008), 52.225-25 Prohibition on Contracting with Entities Engaging in Certain Activities or Transactions Relating to Iran-- Representation and Certifications (Dec 2012), 52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-System for Award Management (July 2013), 52.232-40 Providing Accelerated Payments to Small Business Subcontractors (Dec 2013), 52.252-1 Solicitation Provisions Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998); 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998);252.203-7000 Requirements Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials (Sep 2011), 252.203-7005 Representation Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials (Nov 2011), 252.204-7003 Control of Government Personnel Work Product (Apr 1992), 252.204-7008 Compliance with Safeguarding Covered Defense Information Controls (Dec 2015), 252.204-0009 Contract Wide: By Fiscal Year (Sep 2009), 252.204-7011 Alternative Line Item Structure (Sep 2011), 252.204-7012 Limitations on the use or Disclosure of Third-Party Contractor Reported Cyber Incident Information (Dec 2015), 252.204-7015 Disclosure of Information to Litigation Support Contractors (Feb 2014), 252.223-7008 Prohibition of Hexavalent Chromium (Jun 2013), 252.225-7000 Buy American Statute-Balance of Payments Program Certificate (Jun 2012); 252.225-7001 Buy American Act and Balance of Payments Program (Dec 2012); 252.225-7048 Export-Controlled Items (June 2013), 252.232-7003 Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports (Jun 2012), 252.232-7010 Levies On Contract Payments (Dec 2006), 252.244-7000 Subcontracts for Commercial Items (Jun 2013), 252.247-7023 Transportation of Supplies by Sea (Aug. 1992).
(xiii) The following additional contract requirement(s) or terms and conditions apply (full text of all FAR/DFARS clauses that contain fill-in information, as well as all local clauses, can be found in the attached Provisions and Clauses Full-Text document):
APG-ADL-B.5152.204-4409 ACC - APG Point of Contact (Apr 2011);APG-ADL-B.5152.204-4411 Technical Point of Contact (Dec 2002);APG-ADL-B.5152.206-4400 Intent to Solicit Only One Source (Feb 2015);APG-ADL-B.5152.216-4407 Type of Contract (Sep 1999);APG-ADL-E.5152.246-4400 Government Inspection and Acceptance (Sep 1999);APG-ADL-G.5152.232-4418 Tax Exemption Certificate (Sep 1999);APG-ADL-H.5152.211-4401Alt I Receiving Room Requirements- APG Alternate I (JAN 2003);APG-ADL-L.5152.203-4440 AMC-Level Protest Program (Jul 2011); 252.211-7003 Item Unique Identification and Valuation (DEC 2013);252.232-7006 Wide Area Workflow Payment Instructions (MAY 2013);
(xiv) This acquisition is rated under the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) as: N/A
(xv) The following notes apply to this announcement: N/A
(xvi) Offers are due on 05 June 2016 by 10:00am Mountain Standard Time (MST) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
(xvii) For information regarding this solicitation, please contact Nicole Hernandez, email@example.com, (575) 678-4979.