Water and Sediment Analysis
Tidal Lagoon (Swansea Bay) PLC | Published December 4, 2015
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon will be a vibrant marine park and energy generating facility. The world’s first man-made energy-generating tidal lagoon, with a 320MW installed capacity and 14 hours of reliable generation every day. Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay, require information on the quality of the water that will pass through the turbines, specifically information on the water chemistry, water quality and details of the suspended sediments during and after sea-floor scouring has taken place.
TLSB have previously carried out some site investigations and have several borehole samples stored. The work required includes analysis of these samples for:
• Particle Sieve Analysis
• Mineral Composition by Whole-Rock XRD analysis
• SEM Examination
Additional water sampling will be required as part of the services, followed by analysis of suspended particles as listed above and chemical analysis of these samples including:
• O2 (dissolved), Ca2+, Mg+, Mg+, HCO3+, Na+, K+, Cl-, NO3-, SO4-
Should you wish to be considered for pre-qualification, please ensure that you are registered at http://www.tidallagoonswanseabay.com/edebate/registration/141/. You will also need to register your interest in this particular contract package via the Sell2Wales website and upload capability statements (maximum four sides of A4 paper) in response to the following:
• How would you maximise utilizing local employment and supply chain content in your works?
• How would you deliver the contract? Would you carry out all of the works yourself directly, sub-contract out elements, or approach as a consortium with partners?
• Explain why you believe you would be suitable as a Tier 1 Contractor and what innovations and expertise you could bring to this contract package
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=29681.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=29681