Rwanda Electricity Access Scale-up Proj. - P111567
ELECTRICTYACCESSROLLOUTPROGRAM ( EARP) | Published December 12, 2014 - Deadline February 27, 2015
Plant Design, Supply, And Installation Of Low Voltage And
Medium Voltagelv Lines And Service Connections In The Burera, Musanze And Gakenke
Districts, Northern Province Of Rwanda
ELECTRICTY ACCESS ROLLOUT PROGRAM ( EARP)
N° 11.07.054/ 673/14/EARP/RN/pcu
Invitation forBids (IFB)
ElectricityAccess Scale-up and Sector Wide Approach (SWAp) Development Project(EASSDP)
PLANTDESIGN, SUPPLY, AND INSTALLATION OF LOW VOLTAGE AND MEDIUM VOLTAGELV LINESAND SERVICE CONNECTIONS IN THE BURERA, MUSANZE AND GAKENKE DISTRICTS,NORTHERN PROVINCE OF RWANDA:
LOT1: Busengo, Cyabingo,Gashaki, Kivuruga, Remera and Rwaza Sectors
LOT2: Gacaca, Kagogo,Kinoni, Muhoza, Remera and Rugarama Sectors
1. ThisInvitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Projectthat appeared in Development Business, issue of 7th July2009.
2. TheGovernment of Rwanda has receivedfor a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards thecost of ElectricityAccess Scale-up and Sector Wide Approach Development Project (EASSDP), and itintends to apply part of theproceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for PLANTDESIGN, SUPPLY, ANDINSTALLATION OF LOW VOLTAGE AND MEDIUM VOLTAGELV LINES AND SERVICE CONNECTIONSIN THE BURERA, MUSANZE AND GAKENKE DISTRICTS, NORTHERN PROVINCE OF RWANDA asfollows:
LOT1: Busengo,Cyabingo, Gashaki, Kivuruga, Remera and Rwaza Sectors
LOT 2: Gacaca, Kagogo,Kinoni, Muhoza, Remera and Rugarama Sectors
3. ENERGYDEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED now invites sealed bids fromeligible and qualified bidders for the tender for PLANT DESIGN, SUPPLY, AND INSTALLATION OF LOW VOLTAGEAND MEDIUM VOLTAGELV LINES AND SERVICE CONNECTIONS IN THE BURERA, MUSANZE ANDGAKENKE DISTRICTS, NORTHERN PROVINCE OF RWANDA.
4. Biddingwill be conducted through the InternationalCompetitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank'sGuidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is opento allbidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interestedeligible bidders may obtain further information from ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED and inspect the bidding documents at the address given belowfrom 08 00 to 17 00 hours localtime.
6. Acomplete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interestedbidders on the submission of a written application to the address below andupon payment of a nonrefundable fee of One Hundred US Dollars (USD 100) or an equivalentamount in afreely convertible currency deposited to the accountcalled RECO/EARP n° 1230070 opened at BNR (National Bank of Rwanda).
7. Bidsmust be delivered to the address below ator before 10 00 hours local time on day 27thFebruary 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presenceof thebidders' representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at10: 30hours local time on the sameday 27th February2015.
All bids must be accompanied by a BidSecurity of US$40,000 for Lot1 and US$40,000 for Lot2 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertiblecurrency.
8. A Pre-Bid meeting will take place at the following date,time and place:
Date: 20th January 2015
Time: 10.00 Hours localtime (08.00 Hours GMT)
Place: EDCL headquarters),
Asite visit conducted by the Employer shall be organized andwill coincide with the pre-bid meeting. Bidders or their designatedrepresentative are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-bid meeting and sitevisit.
9. The address referred to above is:
ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
EDCL LTD (Headquarter)
KN82 ST 3,Nyarugenge District, Kigali City, PO Box537 Kigali, Rwanda
RUHIGULA Jackson GAFULEKA Robert NYAMVUMBA
Ag. Head of the Procurement Unit Managing Director