Electricity Sector Strenghtening Project - P150634
Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) | Published September 28, 2016 - Deadline December 14, 2016
Plant Design, Supply, And Installation Procurement Of Kigali
15kv Networking Strengthening
ENERGY UTILITY CORPORATION LIMITED (EUCL)
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
P150643 - RESSP
Rwanda Electricity Sector Strengthening Project(RESSP)
Plant Design, Supply, and Installation Procurement ofKigali 15kV Network Strengthening
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Noticefor this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue of 15th April 2015.
2. The Government of Rwanda has applied forfinancing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost ofRwanda Electricity Sector Strengthening Project (RESSP), and it intendsto apply part of the proceeds of this loanto payments under the Contract for Plant Design, Supply, and Installation Procurement of Kigali 15kVNetwork Strengthening.
3. Energy Utility Corporation Limited(EUCL) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the tender for Plant Design, Supply, and Installation Procurement of Kigali 15kV Network Strengthening. The tender is comprised by Three (3) lots below andthe bidder is free to bid for one or more lots and can be awarded one or more lots.
· Lot1: Supply of MVUnderground Cablesand Accessories;
· Lot 2: Plant Design, Supply andInstallation of Materials for theConstruction of 15 KV Four Circuits OverheadLine;
· Lot 3: Installation ofUnderground Cables within Kigali City.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in theWorld Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to allbidders from Eligible Source Countries asdefined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from08 00 to 17 00 hours local time.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interestedbidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of One Hundred US Dollars (USD100) or an equivalent amount in a freelyconvertible currency deposited to the account called RECO/EARPn° 1230070 opened atBNR (National Bank of Rwanda).
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10 00 hours local time on day 14/12/2016. Electronic bidding willnot be permitted. Late bids will berejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders'representatives who choose to attend in person at the address belowat 10:30 hours local time on the same day 14/12/2016.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$ 20,000 for the Lot 1, US$30,000 for the Lot 2; and US$ 30,000 for the Lot 3 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
9. A Pre-Bid meeting will take place at the following date, time and place:
Date: 28/10/ 2016
Time: 10.00Hours local time (08.00 HoursGMT)
10. A site visit conducted by the Employer shallbe organized and will coincide with the pre-bid meeting. Bidders or their designated representative are strongly encouraged toattend the pre-bid meeting and site visit.
11. The addressreferred to above is:
Energy, Utility CorporationLimited (EUCL)
To the ManagingDirector
Attention: Head of ProcurementManagement;
Address: KN82 ST 3, Nyarugenge District, Kigali City,
P.O Box: 5634 Kigali, Rwanda.
2nd floor REG EUCL's Headquarters
Telephone: Tel.: + (250) 78 8181294
E-mail address: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Done at Kigali on,26/09/2016
Maj. Eng. JeanClaude KALISA
Head Procurement Management