Public Realm Infrastructure Maintenance
Tidal Lagoon (Swansea Bay) PLC | Published July 1, 2015
Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon will be a vibrant marine park and energy generating facility. The world’s first man-made energy-generating tidal lagoon, with a 320MW installed capacity and 14 hours of reliable generation every day.
The maintenance of the public realm infrastructure is expected to be delivered by a single principal (Tier 1) contractor with an emphasis on local employment and supply chain. The lagoon aims to increase community, tourism and opportunities in sports, recreation, education, arts and culture. As a result, a significant proportion of the delivery team will be in contact with the public. The package includes:
• Offshore buildings maintenance
• Onshore buildings maintenance
• HVAC & building services equipment maintenance (not related to the turbine power generating equipment)
• Roads, car park, landscaping & lighting maintenance
• Potable, foul and surface water system maintenance
• Maintenance of 11kV supplies
• IT & telecoms maintenance
• Access and lifting equipment maintenance and statutory inspection
• HSE & emergency equipment maintenance
• Research laboratory maintenance
• Interface with other contractors, significantly with power generation and turbine maintenance contractor
The “Public Realm Infrastructure Maintenance” Contractor will deliver the contract in a way that achieves the goals of the Employer. The Contractor will also be capable of reacting to operational risks including the ability to provide both planned and unplanned maintenance.
The works is anticipated to include strategic input and development of the services under a bespoke form of contract. Procurement will be through a competitive two-stage pre-qualification and formal invitation to tender processes in order to select a preferred bidder prior to final contract negotiation.
Should you wish to be considered for pre-qualification, please ensure that you are registered at http://www.tidallagoonswanseabay.com/edebate/registration/141/. You will also need to register your interest in this particular contract package via the Sell2Wales website and upload capability statements (maximum four sides of A4 paper) in response to the following:
• How would you maximise utilizing local employment and supply chain content in your works?
• How would you deliver the contract? Would you carry out all of the works yourself directly, sub-contract out elements, or approach as a consortium with partners?
• Explain why you believe you would be suitable as a Tier 1 Contractor and what innovations and expertise you could bring to this contract package