Jamshoro Power Generation Project
| Published February 1, 2016 - Deadline March 25, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan has received financing from the Asian Development
Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Project: Loan 3090-PAK: Jamshoro Power
Generation Project and it intends to apply part of this loan to payments under the
contract for Site Remediation Work for Jamshoro Power Generation Project. Bidding is
open to Bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Jamshoro Power Company Limited (JPCL) (the “Employer”) invites sealed bids
from eligible Bidders from the ADB member countries for the completion of the works:
“Site Remediation Work for Jamshoro Power Generation Project” in four (4) lots as
Renovation of Effluent evaporation ponds - Cleaning, sludge removal and sludge
disposal from existing 4 (four) evaporation ponds along with connecting channels,
assessment of damage in the ponds and connecting channel and renovation of pond
Construction of Channel for disposal of Cooling tower Blow down - Construction of
channel for discharge of cooling tower blow down and storm water to Indus river;
Construction of Municipal solid waste disposal facility - Construction of municipal solid
waste disposal area and disposal of existing municipal solid waste (from residential
colony) to this disposal area;
Construction of Hazardous solid waste disposal facility - Construction of hazardous solid
waste disposal area and disposal of existing hazardous solid waste to this disposal area.
The bidder may bid for any of the above four (4) lots or all of the lots and use a separate
document for each lot.
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible
countries as described in the Bidding Document.
Date: 01 February 2016
Loan 3090-PAK: Jamshoro Power Generation Project
ADB-L3090-PAK/ICB - Site Remediation Work for Jamshoro Power
25 March 2016, 14:00 Hours (Pakistan Local Time)
4. The qualification criteria require among others:
Participation as contractor or Joint Venture partner, in at least two (2) contracts that have
been successfully or substantially completed within the five (5) years and that are similar
to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds: Pak
Rs.250 million for Lot-1; Pak Rs. 200 million for Lot-2; Pak Rs. 55 million for Lot-3; and
Pak Rs. 72 million for Lot-4 The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on
the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other
characteristics as described in the Bidding Documents.
5. Bidders may register and collect the Bidding Documents from the date of issuance of the
bidding documents above, after payment of a non-refundable fee in the amount of Pak
Rs.50,000.- (Pak Rs. fifty thousand) at the address above.
Alternatively, Bidding Documents can be provided to perspective bidders by courier upon
written request sent to CEO, Jamshoro Power Company Limited, Jamshoro Power
Station, Mohra, Jabal Dadu Road, Jamshoro, Pakistan, accompanied by a bank draft
(non-refundable) for Pak Rs.60,000.- (Pak Rs. sixty thousand).- with bank details as
• Name of Bank: Allied Bank Limited, Mohra Jabal Branch, Jamshoro
• In favor of: Jamshoro Power Company Limited
• Account No.: 0010022437060022
No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. Submission of Bids:
• The Bid shall be delivered at the Jamshoro Power Company Limited, Jamshoro
Power Station, Mohra Jabal Dadu Road, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
• On or before the deadline: 25th March, 2016, 14:00 hours local time in
• All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in the Bidding
• Late Bids will be rejected and returned unopened to the respective bidder.
7. Opening of Bid:
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission at the Conference
Room of Employer, 1st floor, in Main Administration Building, JPCL, Mohra Jabal Dadu
Road, Jamshoro, in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
8. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Jamshoro Power Company Limited
Jamshoro Power Station
Mohra Jabal Dadu Road, Jamshoro
Facsimile number: +92-022-2021240
Email address: email@example.com