65--691-14-3-5704-0018 Environment Care EMPI - Mobile Decontaination Trailer
Department of Veterans Affairs, Long Beach VANLO | Published July 9, 2014 - Deadline July 16, 2014
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the solicitation. Quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. Solicitation number VA262-14-Q-1033 shall be issued as a "Brand Name or Equal" Request for Quotation (RFQ). This requirement is 100% Set-Aside for Small Business firms who are capable of performing the stated requirements. Only qualified Offerors may submit bids. Basis for Award under FAR 13.106-2: This procurement shall be conducted under FAR Parts 12 and 13. The clauses and provisions referenced in this solicitation may be obtained in full text form at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/.
The Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California has a requirement for a Comforts of Home Services 3 Station Wide Body Mobile Mass Decontamination Trailer under a Purchase Order (PO). VHA Directive 2003-045 requires VAMCs to protect their patients, staff, and facilities from terrorist attacks involving WMDs, including chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) agents. A patient decontamination (DECON) trailer is the best way to enhance the VA GLA's capability to respond to CBRN incidents, due to the VA GLA's sprawling campus layout. A DECON trailer integrates all functions of a decontamination facility, including showers and conveyor system for non-ambulatory patients, in a single trailer and would allow our patient decontamination team to set up and operate anywhere within the campus. The 30'L x 8'4"W cleansing trailer has two 3-stall decontamination lanes (disrobe, cleanse, and dress) and a third portable de-con roller system when decontaminating immobilized victims quickly and safely. Each lane is equipped with non-skid ramps, shower heads, hand-held sprayers, an on demand gravity-fed detergent mixing system, and a sprayed in rubberized floor with drains. In addition, the unit is equipped with an isolated utility room with dual access which houses the liquid propane gas (LPG) on demand 199,000 BTU water heater, 35,000 gas furnace, mixing system and supplies. The trailer also includes a 750 gallon polymer on board waste tank. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular FAC 2005-68. The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this requirement is 321991 with a small business size standard of 500 employees. All firms must be registered with and be verified by the following website: https://sam.gov to be eligible for award.
Basis for Award:
FAR 13.106-2: The government anticipates the award of a Purchase Order (PO) as a result of this solicitation to the responsible Offeror who is able to provide those specific supplies and services (FAR 52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal) stated in the solicitation. Award shall be made to the Offeror who can provide an offer that meets the specification/salient characteristics of the items listed within this solicitation while providing the lowest price.
Listed below is a description of the items being requested in this solicitation.
Line Item Stock Number Item Description Quantity Price
1 3DT8424 24' 3 Station WB Mobile Mass Decontamination Trailer with 750 gallon waste tank. Pressure tank and Pump will be sized to run all shower heads and external hose bibs. Extend Trailer to 30' box length adding additional 3' to each land width. Include Power cords for trailer (A/C with 5,600btu Heat Strip and HD Folding Aluminum Steps are always standard and can be removed) 1 EA
2 3DTOPTS Options Package (1 QTY - 10' 2" camlock waste hose and 2" camlock fitting on waste tank, 4 QTY - External Access for Hose Bibs, 1 QTY - Application for Logos on Exterior of Trailer (Logos supplied by VA), 1 QTY Generator mount on trailer with diamond plate encasement, 1 QTY - Dual 100# Propane Tank Mounted on Tongue, 1 QTY Honda EU3000iS (Tri Fuel System), 1 QTY Pressure Tank and Pump 1 EA
3 10' 2"camlock waste hose and 2" camlock fitting on waste tank 1 EA
4 External Access for Hose Bibs 4 EA
5 Application of Logos on Exterior of Trailer ( Logos supplied by Customer) 1 EA
6 Generator mount on trailer with diamond plate encasement. 1 EA
7 Dual 100# Propane Tank Mounted on Tongue 1 EA
8 Honda EU3000iS - Tri Fuel System 1 EA
9 Pressure Tank and Pump 1 EA
10 Freight 1 EA
Line Item Stock Number "Equal" Item Description Quantity Price
The salient characteristics of the items above are listed below.
1. Project must be completed within 8 weeks
2. Generator does not have to be Honda EU3000iS but must be a 3000 watt/25 amp unit capable of running for 20 hours for continuous operation
3. Must include extension of trailer to increase storage capacity for additional items such as personal protective equipment (PPE)
4. Must include installation of pressure tank and pump to provide constant and uninterrupted water flow to the decontamination showers
5. Must include installation of tongue-mounted propane tank and custom generator mounting bracket for a truly self-contained DECON trailer configuration
6. Trailer Box Dimension 30' L x 8'4" W x 10'8" H
7. Overall Trailer Dimension 34' L x 8'6" W x 10'8" H
8. 13,500 BTU A/C and 5,600 BTU Heat Strips
9. Heavy Duty Fold-up Alum. Steps & Rails (Entrances Isolated Utility Room)
10. (3rd Lane) Non-Ambulatory Portable Roller System
11. 10" ASTM A36 Structural Beams
12. Steel Roof and Wall Beams (All Steel Construction entire trailer)
13. HD Steel Tube Framed Doors & Hydraulic Closures
14. Poly Insulation
15. Smooth Aluminum Exterior Siding (Choice of external colors available)
16. LPG On Demand Water Heater - 199,000 BTU
17. (2) Two 3 Stall Decontamination Lanes
18. (4) Non-Skid Ramp Doors
19. On Demand Soap inducted nozzle / rinse nozzle
20. Electric Panel (220/110v single phase)
21. One Piece Aluminum Seamless Roof
22. FRP (fiberglass wall panels)
23. Dexter (ITS) Independent Torsion Suspension Axles
24. Battery Powered Trailer Runaway Protection
25. Keyed alike Door Handles
26. Premium LED Trailer Lighting
27. PEX Water Lines, more resistant to breakage
28. (2) Switched Powered Vents per lane
29. Spray In Rubberized Floor with 6" cove
30. Floor Drains All Rooms Plumbed to Waste Tank
31. 35,000 BTU Gas Furnace
32. 3/4" Water Inlet and Pressure Regulator
33. E-Z Lube Hubs
34. 1/2" Plywood Walls and 1 1/4" Plywood Flooring
35. Electric Brakes
36. 2- 5/16" Trailer Receiver
37. Chip Resistant Undercoating
38. 3/4" Marine Grade Sub Floor
39. Thick Painted Aluminum Skin
40. (4) Four LED Scene Lights
41. Powered Vent Covers
42. Air Block Curtains Between Rooms
43. Waste Tank Sight Gauge
44. Built In Waste Tank 750 gallon
45. Isolated Utility Room
The Government intends to award a firm-fixed price award. Responses to the solicitation shall be submitted via email and are due on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 by 9:00AM PST. Correspondence or questions may be directed to Johnny Kim, Contracting Officer at email@example.com. Telephone inquiries will not be honored.
FAR 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998)
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es):
VAAR 852.203-70 Commercial Advertising (Jan 2008)
VAAR 852.203-71 Display of Department of Veteran Affairs Hotline Poster (Dec 1992)
FAR 52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal (Aug 1999)
FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items (Include completed copy)
FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items
FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items
VAAR 852.216-70 Estimated Quantities (Apr 1984)
FAR 52.219-1 Small Business Program Representations (APR 2012)
FAR 852.219-6 Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside (NOV 2011)
FAR 52.233-2 Services of Protest (SEP 2006)
VAAR 852.233-70 Protest Content/Alternative Dispute Resolution (JAN 2008)
VAAR 852.233-71 Alternate Protest Procedure (JAN 1998)
VAAR 852.232-72 Electronic Submission of Payment Requests (Nov 2012)
VAAR 852.246-70 Guarantee (Jan 2008)
VAAR 852.246-71 Inspection (Jan 2008)
(End of Clause)
52.212-1 -- Instructions to Offerors -- Commercial Items.
(a) North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code and small business size standard. The NAICS code and small business size standard for this acquisition appear in Block 10 of the solicitation cover sheet (SF 1449). However, the small business size standard for a concern which submits an offer in its own name, but which proposes to furnish an item which it did not itself manufacture, is 500 employees.
(b) Submission of offers. Submit signed and dated offers to the office specified in this solicitation at or before the exact time specified in this solicitation. Offers may be submitted on the SF 1449, letterhead stationery, or as otherwise specified in the solicitation. As a minimum, offers must show --
(1) The solicitation number;
(2) The time specified in the solicitation for receipt of offers;
(3) The name, address, and telephone number of the offeror;
(4) A technical description of the items being offered in sufficient detail to evaluate compliance with the requirements in the solicitation. This may include product literature, or other documents, if necessary;
(5) Terms of any express warranty;
(6) Price and any discount terms;
(7) "Remit to" address, if different than mailing address;
(8) A completed copy of the representations and certifications at FAR 52.212-3 (see FAR 52.212-3(b) for those representations and certifications that the offeror shall complete electronically);
(9) Acknowledgment of Solicitation Amendments;
(10) Past performance information, when included as an evaluation factor, to include recent and relevant contracts for the same or similar items and other references (including contract numbers, points of contact with telephone numbers and other relevant information); and
(11) If the offer is not submitted on the SF 1449, include a statement specifying the extent of agreement with all terms, conditions, and provisions included in the solicitation. Offers that fail to furnish required representations or information, or reject the terms and conditions of the solicitation may be excluded from consideration.
(c) Period for acceptance of offers. The offeror agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 30 calendar days from the date specified for receipt of offers, unless another time period is specified in an addendum to the solicitation.
(d) Product samples. When required by the solicitation, product samples shall be submitted at or prior to the time specified for receipt of offers. Unless otherwise specified in this solicitation, these samples shall be submitted at no expense to the Government, and returned at the sender's request and expense, unless they are destroyed during preaward testing.
(e) Multiple offers. Offerors are encouraged to submit multiple offers presenting alternative terms and conditions or commercial items for satisfying the requirements of this solicitation. Each offer submitted will be evaluated separately.
(f) Late submissions, modifications, revisions, and withdrawals of offers.
(1) Offerors are responsible for submitting offers, and any modifications, revisions, or withdrawals, so as to reach the Government office designated in the solicitation by the time specified in the solicitation. If no time is specified in the solicitation, the time for receipt is 4:30 p.m., local time, for the designated Government office on the date that offers or revisions are due.
(i) Any offer, modification, revision, or withdrawal of an offer received at the Government office designated in the solicitation after the exact time specified for receipt of offers is "late" and will not be considered unless it is received before award is made, the Contracting Officer determines that accepting the late offer would not unduly delay the acquisition; and-
(A) If it was transmitted through an electronic commerce method authorized by the solicitation, it was received at the initial point of entry to the Government infrastructure not later than 5:00 p.m. one working day prior to the date specified for receipt of offers; or
(B) There is acceptable evidence to establish that it was received at the Government installation designated for receipt of offers and was under the Government's control prior to the time set for receipt of offers; or
(C) If this solicitation is a request for proposals, it was the only proposal received.
(ii) However, a late modification of an otherwise successful offer, that makes its terms more favorable to the Government, will be considered at any time it is received and may be accepted.
(3) Acceptable evidence to establish the time of receipt at the Government installation includes the time/date stamp of that installation on the offer wrapper, other documentary evidence of receipt maintained by the installation, or oral testimony or statements of Government personnel.
(4) If an emergency or unanticipated event interrupts normal Government processes so that offers cannot be received at the Government office designated for receipt of offers by the exact time specified in the solicitation, and urgent Government requirements preclude amendment of the solicitation or other notice of an extension of the closing date, the time specified for receipt of offers will be deemed to be extended to the same time of day specified in the solicitation on the first work day on which normal Government processes resume.
(5) Offers may be withdrawn by written notice received at any time before the exact time set for receipt of offers. Oral offers in response to oral solicitations may be withdrawn orally. If the solicitation authorizes facsimile offers, offers may be withdrawn via facsimile received at any time before the exact time set for receipt of offers, subject to the conditions specified in the solicitation concerning facsimile offers. An offer may be withdrawn in person by an offeror or its authorized representative if, before the exact time set for receipt of offers, the identity of the person requesting withdrawal is established and the person signs a receipt for the offer.
(g) Contract award (not applicable to Invitation for Bids). The Government intends to evaluate offers and award a contract without discussions with offerors. Therefore, the offeror's initial offer should contain the offeror's best terms from a price and technical standpoint. However, the Government reserves the right to conduct discussions if later determined by the Contracting Officer to be necessary. The Government may reject any or all offers if such action is in the public interest; accept other than the lowest offer; and waive informalities and minor irregularities in offers received.
(h) Multiple awards. The Government may accept any item or group of items of an offer, unless the offeror qualifies the offer by specific limitations. Unless otherwise provided in the Schedule, offers may not be submitted for quantities less than those specified. The Government reserves the right to make an award on any item for a quantity less than the quantity offered, at the unit prices offered, unless the offeror specifies otherwise in the offer.
(i) Availability of requirements documents cited in the solicitation.
(i) The GSA Index of Federal Specifications, Standards and Commercial Item Descriptions, FPMR Part 101-29, and copies of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request to--
GSA Federal Supply Service Specifications Section
470 L'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC 20407
Telephone (202) 619-8925)
Facsimile (202 619-8978).
(ii) If the General Services Administration, Department of Agriculture, or Department of Veterans Affairs issued this solicitation, a single copy of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained free of charge by submitting a request to the addressee in paragraph (i)(1)(i) of this provision. Additional copies will be issued for a fee.
(2) Most unclassified Defense specifications and standards may be downloaded from the following ASSIST websites--
(i) ASSIST (http://assist.daps.dla.mil).
(ii) Quick Search (http://assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksearch/).
(iii) ASSISTdocs.com (http://assistdocs.com).
(3) Documents not available from ASSIST may be ordered from the Department of Defense Single Stock Point (DoDSSP) by-
(i) Using the ASSIST Shopping Wizard ( http://assist.daps.dla.mil/wizard );
(ii) Phoning the DoDSSP Customer Service Desk (215) 697-2179, Mon-Fri, 0730 to 1600 EST; or
(iii) Ordering from DoDSSP, Building 4 Section D, 700 Robbins Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094, Telephone (215) 697/2197, Facsimile (215) 697-1462.
(4) Nongovernment (voluntary) standards must be obtained from the organization responsible for their preparation, publication, or maintenance.
(j) Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number. (Applies to offers exceeding $3,000, and offers of $3,000 or less if the solicitation requires the Contractor to be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database. The offeror shall enter, in the block with its name and address on the cover page of its offer, the annotation "DUNS" or "DUNS+4" followed by the DUNS or DUNS+4 number that identifies the offeror's name and address. The DUNS+4 is the DUNS number plus a 4-character suffix that may be assigned at the discretion of the offeror to establish additional SAM records for identifying alternative Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) accounts (see FAR Subpart 32.11) for the same concern. If the offeror does not have a DUNS number, it should contact Dun and Bradstreet directly to obtain one. An offeror within the United States may contact Dun and Bradstreet by calling 1-866-705-5711 or via the Internet at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. An offeror located outside the United States must contact the local Dun and Bradstreet office for DUNS number. The offeror should indicate that it is an offeror for a Government contract when contacting the local Dun and Bradstreet office.
(k) System for Award Management. Unless exempted by an addendum to this solicitation, by submission of an offer, the offeror acknowledges the requirement that a prospective awardee shall be registered in the SAM database prior to award, during performance and through final payment of any contract resulting from this solicitation. If the Offeror does not become registered in the SAM database in the time prescribed by the Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer will proceed to award to the next otherwise successful registered Offeror. Offerors may obtain information on registration and annual confirmation requirements via the SAM database accessed through https://www.acquisition.gov.
(l) Debriefing. If a post-award debriefing is given to requesting offerors, the Government shall disclose the following information, if applicable:
(1) The agency's evaluation of the significant weak or deficient factors in the debriefed offeror's offer.
(2) The overall evaluated cost or price and technical rating of the successful and debriefed offeror and past performance information on the debriefed offeror.
(3) The overall ranking of all offerors, when any ranking was developed by the agency during source selection.
(4) A summary of rationale for award;
(5) For acquisitions of commercial items, the make and model of the item to be delivered by the successful offeror.
(6) Reasonable responses to relevant questions posed by the debriefed offeror as to whether source-selection procedures set forth in the solicitation, applicable regulations, and other applicable authorities were followed by the agency.
(End of Provision)
ADDENDUM to FAR 52.212-1 INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS-COMMERCIAL ITEMS
All responses/or questions must be in writing via e-mail. (no telephone inquiries will be accepted). Offers may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00AM Pacific Standard time on Wednesday, July 16, 2014.
Offerors shall fill in the prices being offered in the schedule listed within this solicitation. If submitting a price for an "Equal" item, pricing and item information shall be filled in in the corresponding schedule.
(End of Provision)
ADDENDUM TO FAR 52.212-1 INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS --COMMERCIAL ITEMS - SUB-PART 13.5 TEST PROGRAM
This procurement is being conducted under the Subpart 13.5 test program where simplified acquisition procedures apply and the conduct of the procurement will be in accordance with Parts 12, 13 or 15 of the FAR or some combination thereof.
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
The combined synopsis/ solicitation number is VA262-14-Q-1033. This solicitation is issued as a Request for Quote (RFQ). This solicitation and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC). This requirement will be procured with no restrictions under NAICS Code 321991, 500 employees.
The VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, Long Beach, CA, (hereafter referred to as the NCO) will solicit and award this order using Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13 and acquisition of Commercial Items in FAR Part 12.
(End of Provision)