NP: Second HNP and HIV/AIDS Project - P117417
Department of Health Services | Published April 17, 2015 - Deadline June 1, 2015
Procurement Of Cold Chain Equipments
Government of Nepal
Ministry of Health andPopulation
Department of HealthServices
Logistics Management Division
Nepal Health Sector Program- II
Cr. 4707-NEP & Gr. H 557-NEP
Invitation for Bids
IFB No: NHSP-II/DOHS/G/ICB-81/ /2014-15
PROCUREMENTOF COLD CHAIN EQUIPMENTS
Date of first publication: 17 April 2015
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Noticefor this Project that appeared in Development Business,issue no. 790 of 31 16 January2011.
2. The Government of Nepal has received a grant/credit from theInternational Development Association toward the cost of Nepal Health Sector Program- II, and it intends to apply part of theproceeds of this grant/credit to payments under the Contracts for the Procurement of Cold Chain Equipments (Contract IdentificationNo.: NHSP-II/DOHS/G/ICB-81/2014-15) at Central Medical Store, Teku, Kathmandu inthe fourteen (14) slices. Bidding is open to alleligible Bidders.
3. The DoHS now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for:
Description of Goodsto be Supplied and Installed
Bid Security AmountNPR. Or equivalent currency
Ice-LinedRefrigerator Single Compartment, Big
DeepFreezer, Chesttype (240-260 litre)
AbsorptionRefrigerator (Gas, Electric and Kerosene)
Battery Solar Powered Combined Refrigerator & Freezer
Cold Box,Long range (6.7 to 10 Ltr.)
VaccineCarrier, Long Range
Generator Set Diesel 5KVA
Cold ChainSpare parts
details in priceschedule
Ice-LinedRefrigerator with Deep Freezer
Chest Freezer, small (160-190 litre)
Pre-fabricated (andInstallation of) ARV Cold Room- 35 cubicmetre
Bidder may submit thebid for single or more slices andoffer discounts/cross discounts. Evaluation will be done slice by slice basis, with contracts awarded based on the award combination that is of least cost to thePurchaser.
4. Bidding will be conducted through theInternational Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits May 2004, Revised on October 1, 2006 and May 1, 2010, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as definedin the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders mayobtain further information from the office of LMD, DoHS at the address mentioned below and inspect the bidding documents duringoffice hours, i.e., 10:00 to 17:00 hours of 17 April 2015 to 31 May 2015or, may visit LMD website (www.dohslmd.gov.np) and PPMOwebsite (www.bolpatra.gov.np). Interested bidders must first register on the PPMO website to access the document and choose theelectronic bidding procedure.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documentsin English may be downloaded from the PPMO website or LMD website or be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of awritten Application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of NPR3,000.00 or USD 30.00. The method ofpayment will be in the form of cash deposit certificate in Revenue Title no 14227, Office code no. 27-370-11, Account no.1-1-001of Rastriya Banijya Bank, Teku Branch. Foreign Bidders may also pay through a bankdraft in favor of the Logistic Management Division (LMD), or may receive the (numbered) Bidding Documents from theLMD against CashPayment, for which a signed and stamped receipt bearing the number of the document will be issued. The Documents will be availableat LMD at the address below from 17 April 2015 until 31 May 2015, 17:00 Hours (Nepal Time).
If requested in writing and on payment of anadditional non-refundable fee of USD 50.00 or NPR 5,000.00 per set, documents shall be sent through a reliable courier service. TheLMD however will not be responsible for any delay or non-delivery of the documents so sent.
7. For the purpose who choose to submittheir bid electronically through e-procurement section of PPMO website: http://www.bolpatra.gov.np, the bidders may eitherpurchase the hardcopy of bidding documents or may choose to download the necessary part of bidding documents, prepare their bidsand submit their electronicbids as specified in the Instructions to Bidders. In case of bidder who choose to download and submitbid electronically, the bidder shall be required to deposit the cost of bidding document as specified abovein the above mentionedAccount No. of LMD at Rastriya Banijya Bank, Teku Branch and electronic scanned copy (pdf format) of the Bank deposit voucher/teletransfer receipt shall also be submitted along with theelectronic bid files.
8. Sealed Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 HoursNST of 1 June 2015. Alternatively, biddersmay submit their bidelectronically through e-procurement section in PPMO website: http://www.bolpatra.gov.np, before the above deadline and asspecified in the Instructions to Bidders. Documents received after this deadline shall not beaccepted.
9. Bids will be opened in the presenceof the bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 13:00 Hours on 1 June 2015.Bid must be valid for 120 days from the date of bid opening and must be accompanied by a Bid Security ofabove mentioned amount or equivalent in a freely convertible currency. Bid Security should be valid for 28 days beyond the bidvalidity period (i.e., valid up to 26 October2015). The Bid Security shall be in the name of the Bidder and in the case of a Bid Security issued by a foreign bank, thesameshall be counter guaranteed by a Class "A" Commercial Bank in Nepal. If bidder wishes to submit the Bid Security in the form ofcash, the cash should be deposited in Dharauti Account no 1700203 in favor of Department of Health Services at Rastriya BanijjyaBank, Teku, Kathmandu and should submit the original receipt of the deposited amount ofcash along with the Bid.
10. If the last date of bid document purchasing and bidsubmission/opening falls on a Government holiday then the same time on the next working day shall be considered for such events. Insuch case the validity of bid and bid security shall be considered from already specified last date for bid submission.
11. In the case of discrepancies or error in Bid Documents, Bidnotice or any other document, the DoHS reserves the right to amend and correct at any time.
12. DoHS reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partlyany or all the bids without assigning any reason, whatsoever.
13. A pre-bid meeting will be arranged at following address on 14 May 2015 at 11:00 AM. Bidders arerequested to attend on the meeting.
14. The address referred to above is:
Department of Health Services (DoHS),
Ministryof Health & Population (MoHP)
Office: Teku Road, Pachali Teku,Kathmandu,Nepal
Tel: +977- 1-426 1768
Fax: +977- 1- 426 1413