Teaching and Educational Services for a Certified Energy Manager's Preparator Course
Department of the Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command | Published June 5, 2015 - Deadline June 18, 2015
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation ("solicitation" hereafter), which is expected to result in award of a firm-fixed- price contract for commercial items, i.e. Teaching and Educational Services for a Certified Energy Manager's Preparator Course, as described under the paragraph below titled "Requirement." The solicitation is prepared in accordance with the format in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. An award, if any, will be made to the responsible offeror who submits a proposal that (1) conforms to the requirements of the synopsitation; (2) that receives a rating of "Acceptable" on the Technical Capability evaluation factor; and (3) that submits the proposal with the lowest total evaluated price (TEP), provided that the TEP is not unbalanced and is fair and reasonable. The Government reserves the right to award without discussions or make no award at all depending upon (1) the quality of proposals received and (2) the price fair and reasonableness of proposals received.
Synopsitation Number: FA8601-15-T-0177
NAICS Code: 611310
Small Business Size Standard: $27,500,000.00
This solicitation incorporates FAR provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) Fac 2005-78, effective 26 Dec 14; Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Publication Notice DPN 20141216, effective 16 Dec 2014; and Air Force Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (AFFARS) Air Force Acquisition Circular (AFAC) 2014-1001, effective 01 Oct 14.
Synopsitation Closing Date: proposals must be received not later than 1:00 pm Local (Wright-Patterson AFB) Time, Thursday, 18 June 2015.
Submit electronic proposals via Jillian Kovacs to: email@example.com.
Any correspondence sent via e-mail must contain the subject line "Solicitation FA8601-15-T-0177." The entire proposal must be contained in a single e-mail that does not exceed 5 megabytes including attachments, if any. E-mails with compressed files are not permitted. Note that e-mail filters at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base are designed to filter e-mails without subject lines or with suspicious subject lines or contents (i.e., .exe or .zip files). Therefore, if the specified subject line is not included, the e-mail may not get through the e-mail filters. Also be advised that .zip or .exe files are not allowable attachments and may be deleted by the email filters at Wright-Patterson. If sending attachments with email, ensure only .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls or .xlsx documents are sent. The email filter may delete any other form of attachments.
Address questions regarding this solicitation to either Jillian Kovacs telephonically at (937) 522-4587 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Provide an AEE approved preparatory course for the AEE Certified Energy Managers Exam.
o An example of an acceptable course is the "5-day Comprehensive Training for Energy Managers" course offered by AEE.
• The course shall be conducted during July 20-24 of this year (2015) during the hours of 0800-1700 EST
• The course needs to accomodate up to 30 students.
• The contractor shall supply the necessary instructors, the appropriate workbooks, text books, and other customer course materials for each individual student.
• The course must be conducted in its entirety within a 40 hour work week in a live on site instructor format.
• The contractor shall proctor the Association of Energy Engineer's Certified Energy Manager exam on the last day of the course and issue the customary certificates to each student passing the exam.
• The course shall be conducted at the Civil Engineering School, Building 643, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.
• The contractor shall make appropriate travel arrangements and bear all related travel expenses. All travel costs will be included as part of the course.
• The course shall include all customary fees associated with the exam (e.g. application fee, exam fee).
• All instructors must be AEE Certified Energy Managers.
• Contractor personnel shall wear distinctive nametags, company shirts and/or company badges for identification purposes.
• At a minimum, the course must address the following topics: The need for energy management, conductin an energy audit, energy audit instrumentation, energy codes and standards, building energy use and performance, energy accounting in building and facilities, energy rate structures, electric rate structures, economic analysis of alternative investments, alternative financing, waste heat recovery, life cycle costing, fuel supply and fuel switching, electrical energy management, lighting, motors and adjustable speed drives, HVAC systems, controls and energy management, insulation, green buildings, LEED® & Energy Star Boilers and steam generation, Cogeneration (CHP), and Maintenance.
Point of Contact: Mark Jernigan email@example.com
FOB: Destination (As defined in FAR 2.101-Definitions, the seller or consignor is responsible for the cost of shipping and risk of loss.)
Inspection and Acceptance: Both inspection and acceptance will be completed by the Government at Destination.
Provisions and Clauses: The attached provisions and clauses for the acquisition of commercial items are incorporated into the RFP.
If the offeror has completed the FAR 52.212-3 provision online, the offeror shall only complete paragraph (b) of this provision with its quote. FAR 52.212-3 Paragraph (b) is attached.
If the offeror has not completed the DFARS 252.209-7992 provision online, the offeror shall complete and return a copy of the provision with its quote. DFARS 252.209-7992 is attached.
Consent to RFP Terms and Conditions: Submission of proposals in response to this RFP constitutes agreement by the offeror to all terms and conditions contained in this announcement and the attached solicitation document, which will be incorporated into the resulting contract.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS: All prospective awardees are required to register at the System for Award Management (SAM) and to maintain active registration during the life of the contract. SAM can be accessed at https://www.sam.gov. Any award resulting from this solicitation will include DFARS Clause 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests. Section 1008 of the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 2001 requires any claims for payment (invoices) under DoD contract to be submitted in electronic form. Wide Area Workflow- Receipt and Acceptance (WAWF-RA) is the DoD system of choice for implementing this statutory requirement. Use of the basic system is at no cost to the contractor. Contractors must complete vendor training, which is also available at no cost at http://www.wawftraining.com. Prior to submitting invoices in the production system, contractors must register for an account at http://wawf.eb.mil/.
Contract financing is NOT provided for this acquisition. The Government intends to award one firm fixed price (FFP) contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose proposal conforms to the solicitation and will be most advantageous to the Government. The Government intends to award without discussions and the Government reserves the right not to make an award at all.
1. FAR 52.212-3, Paragraph (b), Offeror Representation by Corporations Regarding an Unpaid Delinquent Tax
2. DFARS 252.209-7992, Representation by Corporations Regarding an Unpaid Delinquent Tax Liability or a Felony Conviction under any Federal Law-Fiscal Year 2015 Appropriations
3. CLINS, Provisions and Clauses