Replace Roof Data Center
Department of the Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command | Published July 2, 2015
Presolicitation Notice: FA8601-15-R-0097
Sources Sought notice published under Project 110048 on 17 April 2015.
This notice is posted in accordance with FAR 5.2 and 36.213-2.
This RESTRICTED ACQUISITION is set aside - small business, prior to the closing date of the solicitation.
The NAICS code is 238160 and the Size Standard is $15.0M.
In accordance with FAR 4.1102 and DFARS 252.204-7004, Alternate A, System for Award Management (SAM), contractor must be registered in SAM prior to award. Offerors may obtain information on registration at https://www.sam.gov.
SOLICITATION NUMBER: FA8601-15-R-0097
Replace Roof Data Center, Facility 10271; Project Number ZHTV110048. Remove and re-roof approximately 91,000 SF (including walkway connector) of existing roof system including new roof materials, layout and details for insulation, flashing, expansion joints, scuppers, roof-access hatch, metal roof, asphalt roofing plies, gravel, gutters, downspouts, counter flashing, drip edges, cant strips, pipe collars and roof drains, etc. for facility 10271 at Wright Patterson AFB. According to 1989 As-Built drawings, existing Roof construction is metal deck, phenolic insulation, perlite fill, with 4-ply built-up roofing system and gravel. Pre-test the existing lightening protection system. Remove, store, and reinstall all lightening protection system components in order to remove existing roof and install new roof. Replace any damaged components to provide a complete and usable lightening protection system at project completion. Facility is considered an Electronic Equipment Facility/Data Center and the Lightening protection system must comply with the grounding requirements specific for this type of AF Facility. Remove, temporarily store, and reinstall all existing electrical, communications, security, and utility equipment located on the roof-top in order to install new roof system. Flush out roof drains and storm piping and provide new ring clamp and bolts for existing roof drains. Provide all new walk treads. Provide all new flashing. Provide all new storm collars. Provide all new pitch pans and all new pipe flashing. Complete and usable roof system is required at completion of project.
The Air Force intends to award a contract with a 210 day period of performance.
The estimated magnitude of the entire contract is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
1. The solicitation with the official specifications and drawings will be available on the World Wide Web on or about 28 JUL 2015, at http://www.fbo.gov , The tentative date for receipt of proposals is 27 AUG 2015. The period of performance is 210 days.
2. Hard copies of the solicitation will not be provided. You may, however, download and print the file from the web site www.fbo.gov.
3. There is no fee for this solicitation.
4. A registration page will be attached to the web site. You are not required to register. However, when you register, you will receive notice of any amendments and/or addenda that may be issued to the solicitation. If you have not registered, it will be your responsibility to check the web site for any changes to the solicitation.
5. You shall provide a signed copy of the SF 1442 and acknowledge and/or sign all amendments at the time and place specified in the solicitation for receipt of proposals. There will not be a public opening. Sealed envelopes containing proposals shall be marked to show the offeror's name and address, the solicitation number, and the date and time proposals are due.
6. Contractors shall be capable of securing bonding for the total proposed amount (base plus options). However, contractors shall only be responsible for providing bonding for the base amount plus the amount of any and all options exercised at the time of award. If an option is exercised after award, contractors shall be responsible for securing the additional bonding equal to the amount of the option.
7. Contractors that are Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment are excluded from receiving contracts. Agencies also shall not consent to subcontract with these contractors.
8. "Notice to Offeror(s)/Supplier(s): Funds are not presently available for this effort. No award will be made under this solicitation until funds are available. The Government reserves the right to cancel this solicitation, either before or after the closing date. In the event the Government cancels this solicitation, the Government has no obligation to reimburse an offeror for any costs." If funding is not available by 31 Dec 15 the solicitation will be cancelled. An award prior to 30 Sep 15 would require the contractor to begin performance within 90 days of award date in order to meet Bona Fide Need.
This is a WPAFB Construction Contracting (PZIOC) program. The current status is Pre-Solicitation and it is a Category Z - Maintenance, repair, and alteration of real property program.