Electrical Maintenance Services
Defense Logistics Agency, DLA Acquisition Locations | Published December 2, 2015 - Deadline December 11, 2015
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This RFI is for market research and capability purposes only. This request for information should not be construed as an Invitation for Bid, Request for Proposal/Quote or Solicitation. This request is not to be interpreted as a commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract and responses received will not be evaluated as a proposal. Furthermore, the Government will not pay or reimburse respondents, cost expenses, for any information submitted as a result of this request.
The Defense Logistics Agency Headquarters Complex (HQC) is seeking information from all size business concerns under NAICS 238210 capability for Electrical Services for operation maintenance, service, repair, and minor construction / alteration services for buildings and structures of electrical and security systems, related components, systems and equipment at the Defense Logistics Agency Headquarters Complex (HQC) building 2462 including a Receiving Facility building (BLDG), the CDC, building 2468, Parking Garage building 2469, and POD 10, located at 8725 John J. Kingman Road, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-6220. Other buildings located off the compound consist of BLDG 1116, 23,768 Square Feet (SF), BLDG 1973, 10,800 SF, BLDG 1976, 10,800 SF, BLDG 1977, 10,800 SF, BLDG 1979, 10,800 SF located on Fort Belvoir, VA. Dulles POE, 9,643 SF, Fleet warehouse, 14,328 SF, and TEI 4,200 SF are all off site facilities within a 25 mile radius of the DLA HQC and Fort Belvoir.
The period of performance is a one (1) twelve (12) month Base Period from May 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017 with four (4) sequential twelve (12) month option periods.
NOTE: All contractor personnel assigned shall obtain and maintain at a minimum a SECRET level clearance required for access to restricted areas PRIOR to the contract start date. The Diamond II administrator and security personnel must hold a Top Secret SCI clearance. (This will require the contractor to already have a Top Secret Facility Clearance). Loss of a clearance shall be reason for removal of contractor personnel assigned. Clearance requirements shall include any contractor personnel performing services required by this contract to include all replacement or temporary replacement personnel, who regularly work or are used as replacement personal.
Interested parties must be capable of providing all labor, supervision, tools, materials, equipment, incidental engineering, subcontracting, transportation, and management necessary to perform work in accordance with general craft, industry standards, applicable laws, regulations, codes, Federal Regulations, and HQC construction specifications. This work includes but is not limited to the following functional areas:
1. General Electric: The General Electric includes all DLA HQC McNamara Complex systems such as the Electrical metering systems, substations and associated equipment, electrical cables, electrical and communications manholes, duct system, transformers, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, capacitors, interior and exterior electrical distribution system and components (including both overhead and underground equipment) etc.
(a) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing and repair of utilities.
(b) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing and repair of electrical equipment and associated systems.
(c) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, programming, testing and repair of Emergency Generators, Underground Fuel Storage Tank, Paralleling gear, Automatic Transfer Switches and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Systems.
(d) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, programming, testing, and repair of Fire Detection Systems.
(e) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing and repair of the Floating Fountain.
(f) Service Orders.
2. General Security: The General Security includes all DLA HQC McNamara Complex; computer-controlled card access system, photo-imaging ID badging system, closed circuit television (CCTV) system, digital recording systems, Access Control systems, Intrusion detection systems, duress alarm systems and intercom systems.
(a) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, programming, testing, and repair, of Electronic Security/Access Control Systems, Surveillance Camera system, Access Control Barrier systems, system controls and associated components.
(b) Operation, installation, maintenance, inspection, programming, testing, and repair of sound masking and paging system.
(c) Service Orders.
3. Remote Security: The Remote Security includes all Non-DLA HQC McNamara Complex facilities; computer-controlled card access system, photo-imaging ID badging system, closed circuit television (CCTV) system, digital recording systems, Access Control systems, Intrusion detection systems, duress alarm systems and intercom systems.
4. IDIQ: Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) work items construction, minor construction/alterations, and equipment installation that exceed the scope ($2,000.00) of a minor work service order.
See the attached document for additional information on the requirement.
Responses shall not exceed 10 pages. The file size limitation for e-mail attachments is 3 megabytes. Further, access by DCSO to information in any files attached to a response is the responsibility of the submitting party. DCSO is not responsible for any failure to access information. Therefore, please ensure that files are easily accessible by DCSO - Word files are preferable, but we will accept .pdf files as long as they meet the 3 megabyte size limitation.
DCSO will not notify respondents of the results of this market research. Information submitted will not be returned, and will not be accepted after the due date for responses.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITY STATEMENT:
Respondents shall provide a technical capability statement to include the following information:
1. Please provide no more than three (3) contracts that your company has performed within the last three (3) years that are of comparable size, complexity, and scope to this requirement. Describe your Self-Performed** effort (as either a Prime or Subcontractor). Please be specific and provide a complete reference to include at a minimum the project name, contract award amount, building use (e.g., office facility), start and completion dates, and the project owners' contact information as this person may be contacted for further information.
** Self-Performed means work performed by the offeror, NOT work performed by another company for the offeror for any of the contracts identified in the past three years.
2. Contractor Licensing, Certification and Specific Experience Requirements:
Contractor and Subcontractor shall possess a Top Secret Facility Clearance, all licenses required local, state, and Federal Government. Local Government includes Fairfax County and Fort Belvoir, VA and may include but are not limited to Commonwealth of Virginia Class A Electrical Contractors License; Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 2050 certification, Fairfax county Business License; and Commonwealth of Virginia Master Electrician License. Please include within your technical capability statement, information which clearly discuss the offeror's and its subcontractor's Facility Clearance Level and all licenses.
•1. Companies responding to this RFI should indicate whether or not they are a large or small business, small disadvantaged business, woman-owned, HubZone small business, service disabled veteran owned or 8A.
•2. Technical Capability Statement: Provide a technical capability statement sufficient to demonstrate sound proficiency to perform electrical maintenance services at the size and scope of this requirement as provided within the attached document.
•3. Company Info:
Company Name AND point of contact
City, State and Zip Code
Submit responses to email@example.com and Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 11, 2015, 5:00 pm (EST). The subject line of the email message shall read: "Electrical Maintenance and Services".
There is no guarantee that the Government will issue a solicitation for subject services. All information received in response to this request will not be returned and in accordance with FAR 15.201 (E), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.