Kirkcudbright Art Gallery Project Building Construction
Dumfries and Galloway Council | Published September 15, 2015 - Deadline October 15, 2015
391000, 391010, 391011, 391012, 399999
The proposed works involve alteration and repair work to Kirkcudbright Town Hall a Grade B Listed structure. The Town Hall sits on St. Mary’s Street, Kirkcudbright, the main thoroughfare through the town. The working area is restricted to the footprint of the building itself.
Limited access will be available to neighbouring land for repairs to rear elevations and provision is likely for use of the public highway for scaffolding, access, temporary cabins etc.
Key areas of work concern:
- structural alterations
- new heating and ventilation/ air conditioning plant throughout
- new electrical and security systems throughout
- a new passenger lift
- repairs to slate roofing, stonework and timber windows
- internal finishing and fit out.
- co-ordination with exhibition designer and fit out
- co-ordination with Dumfries and Galloway Council museum staff
- Health and safety interface with public highways
- working with change control procedures for cost management.
The contract will be SBCC Standard Building Contract with Quantities for use in Scotland (SBC/Q/Scot), 2011 Edition, incorporating amendment 1, March 2015 and JCT New Rules of Measurement Update, August 2012.