The Khujand Water Company (SCUE Khujandvodokanal) intends using the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Re-construction and Development (the Bank) and a grant from the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) towards the cost of the Khujand Wastewater Rehabilitation Project (Phase III).
The proposed investment programme, which has a total estimated cost of USD 8.8 million, will likely require the procurement of the following goods, works and services:
- Supply and installation of electro-mechanical equipment for the rehabilitation and modernisation of the existing Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Rehabilitation of the main wastewater pumping station, including replacement of complete electrical installations
- Replacement of sewerage collectors and pipes (approx. 10 km)
- Rehabilitation and extension of water supply network (approx. 30 km)
- Supply and installation of new pumps for water supply pumping station
- Supply and installation of bulk flow meters for pumping stations
- Supply and installation of a hypochlorite production plant
- Supply of operation and maintenance vehicles and machinery
- Refurbishment of laboratories
Tendering for the above contracts is expected to begin in the third quarter 2016.
Contracts to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and with the proceeds of the grant from SECO will be subject to the Bank's Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country.
The proceeds of the Bank's loan and the SECO grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser's country.
Interested suppliers and contractors can register their interest to:
Project Manager (Phase III), Khujandvodokanal office,
27 micro district, Khujand city, Tajikistan, 735700
Tel.: (+992) 92 700 00 95
Tel.: (+992 3422) 2 47 49