Power Distribution Enhancement Investment Program - Tranche 4
| Published April 19, 2017 - Deadline June 6, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) toward the cost of Power Distribution Enhancement Investment Program - Tranche 4.
Part of this loan will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to
bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Lahore Electric Supply Company Limited (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders for the construction and completion of the following (“Facilities”):
Procurement of Plant, Design, Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and
Civil Works for 132kV GIS Punjab University Grid Station on turnkey basis.
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-
Stage: One Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as
described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualification should participate in this bidding:
(a) Experience Requirements on Sub-station
• Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least two (02)
contracts within the last five (05) years, each with a value of at least US$3.2 Million that
has been successfully or is substantially (80%) completed and that is similar or of higher
capacity to the proposed plant and services i.e. GIS substations.
• At least one (01) Contract shall be in successful operation for minimum two (02) years
as on the date of bid submission.
• All the above experiences shall be supported by user’s certificates duly notarized in their
letterhead indicating their address, email, telephone & fax number and detail of project
(i.e. name, address & nationality of customer details of contract; voltage & equipment;
completion period, commissioning date/commercial operation date, contract value).
Civil Works Design for sub-station
• The contractor or Sub contractor/Designer should have an experience of Structural and
detail Design of at least 02 Nos. Grid Stations (electrical works) and civil/structural works
Date: 19 April 2017
3096-PAK: Power Distribution Enhancement Investment Program - Tranche
Procurement of Plant, Design, Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning
and Civil Works for 132kV GIS Punjab University Grid Station on turnkey
6 June 2017, 10:30 a.m. (local time)
(buildings, foundations etc.) of similar nature and other relevant civil works, for
installation of 132 kV GIS or higher voltage sub-station plant with major equipment like
circuit breakers, instrument transformers, Disconnectors, Power Transformers etc in last
five (05) years of similar nature i.e. 132 kV GIS or higher voltage and such projects
should have been completed successfully.
(b) The bidder should have sound financial status. The difference between cash in hand and
short term liabilities should be positive. Minimum average annual turnover of US$6.0
million calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or
completed, within the last five (5) years.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Chief Engineer (Development) PMU, LESCO,
132kV Qartaba Grid Station, Bahawalpur Road, Mozang,
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
• Write to address above requesting the bidding documents for ADB-TRANCHE-IV-
• Pay a non-refundable fee of Rs.10,000/- or US$100. The method of payment will be by
bank draft in favor of Lahore Electric Supply Company Limited (LESCO), Lahore
(Pakistan). The documents may be collected in person or may be sent by express
airmail for an additional fee of Rs.2,000/- for domestic delivery or US$100 for overseas
delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. Deliver your bid:
• to the address above
• On or before the deadline 6 June 2017; 10:30 a.m.
• All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount specified in the bidding
documents issued by LESCO.
Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of bidders’
representatives who choose to attend.
8. LESCO will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in
connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
9. When comparing Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in
accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.