Supporting Electricity Supply Reliability Improvement Project
| Published May 18, 2017 - Deadline July 12, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has applied for financing from the Asian
Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Supporting Electricity Supply Reliability
Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract
named above. No nationality restrictions apply, other than any restrictions arising from ITB 4.7.
2. The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), (“the Employer”), invites sealed bids from eligible
bidders for the Procurement of Plant - Design, Supply and Install for Package 7 – Lot A1
Installation of 100Mvar Breaker Switched Capacitor Banks at Pannipitiya Grid
Completion period is 730 days.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's
Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders without nationality
4. Bidders are required to have satisfactory experience as contractor, main subcontractor
or management contractor in at least three (03) contracts within the last ten (10) years prior to
bid submission deadline, with a value of at least US$ 2.96 million for each contract that have
been successfully or are substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed plant and
services. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods, technology or
other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements) of the Bidding
Document. Bidder shall have minimum average annual turnover of at least US$ 5.43 million,
calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the
last three (3) years.
(Note: Only important eligibility criteria are mentioned above briefly. To know the complete
eligibility criteria, intending Bidders are advised to inspect the Bidding Document by visiting the
website of Ceylon Electricity Board, www.ceb.lk.)
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Document, Bidders should contact:
Date: 18 May 2017
3409-SRI: Supporting Electricity Supply Reliability Improvement Project
Augmentation of Biyagama Grid Substation
Installation of 100Mvar Breaker Switched Capacitor Banks at Pannipitiya
Grid Substation (Package 7: Lot A1)
12 July 2017,10:00 hours (local time)
Project Manager (PMU-3)
Office of the Project Manager (SESRIP-P7-LotA1)
Ceylon Electricity Board,
No: 16, Rodrigo Avenue, Galpoththa Road,Nawala,Rajagiriya,101000 Sri Lanka.
6. To purchase the Bidding Document in English, eligible Bidders should:
• Visit the office of the Project Director (Green Power Development and Energy Efficiency
Improvement Investment Program -Tranche 2) at the address indicated above between
09:00 and 15:00 hours on working days from 18 May 2017 to 11 July 2017 and pay a
non-refundable fee of LKR 20,000.00 or US$ 240 by cash or bank draft written in favour
of General Manager, Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri Lanka.
• Request for delivery by sending a written application to the address above requesting
the Bidding Document for “Supporting Electricity Supply Reliability Improvement
Project Package 7: Lot A1”. The application must include a bank draft drawn in favour
of General Manager, Ceylon Electricity Board, for the amount of LKR 25,000.00
(domestic delivery) or US$ 300.00 (overseas delivery). The document will be sent by
courier. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. Deliver bids
• to the address below:
Ceylon Electricity Board,
Office of the Additional General Manager (Projects),
No 385, 4th Floor,
• on or before the deadline 10:00 hours on 12 July 2017.
• together with a Bid Security in the amount specified in the Bid Data Sheet of the Bidding
Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of
Bidders’ representatives or their authorized representatives who choose to attend at the
bid opening at the Office of the Additional General Manager (Projects), No 385, 4th Floor,
Landmark Building, Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka.
Late Bids shall be rejected.
8. When comparing Bids, ADB Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance
with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
9. CEB will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection
with the preparation, attending pre-bid meeting, site visits and delivery of bids.