Green Power Development and Energy Efficiency Improvement Investment Program - Tranche 1 (Multi-Tranche Financing)
| Published October 21, 2016 - Deadline December 2, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received a loan from Asian
Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Green Power Development and Energy Efficiency
Improvement Investment Program-Tranche 01 (Multi-Tranche Financing). Part of this loan will
be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible
source countries of ADB.
2. The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), (“the Employer”), now invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders for the Procurement of Plant - Design, Supply, Installation for Package 4 –
Lot A consisting of: Design, Supply Installation, and Commissioning of Smart Metering
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's
Single-Stage:Two- Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries
as described in the Bidding Document.
4. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, Bidders should contact:
The Office of Deputy General Manager (R&D)
Ceylon Electricity Board
Name of the Officer : Eng. G.A.I. Mihindukulasuriya, Electrical Engineer I (DSM)
Address : Chairman (BPC), Ceylon Electricity Board
2nd Floor, Block 5, BMICH, Baudhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 07,
ZIP code : 00700
City : Colombo,
Country : Sri Lanka
Tel No. : +94 71 393 3901
Fax No. : +94 11 269 7022
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
5. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should
Date: 21 October 2016
3146/3147-SRI: Green Power Development and Energy Efficiency
Improvement Investment Program - Tranche 1 (Multi-Tranche Financing)
CEB/AGM (CS) /2016/ICB/GPDEEIIP1-P4 LotA: Design, Supply Installation,
and Commissioning of Smart Metering Pilot Project
02 December 2016, 10:00 a.m. , Sri Lanka Standard Time (SLST)
• Visit the office of The Office of Deputy General Manager (R&D) at the address
indicated above between 09:00 and 15:00 hours on working days form 21
October 2016 to 02 December 2016and pay a non-refundable fee of LKR
1000.00 or US$ 6.79 by cash or bank draft written in favour General Manager,
Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri Lanka.
• Request for delivery by sending a written application to the address above
requesting the Bidding Document for Green Power Development and Energy
Efficiency Improvement Investment Program (Tranche 01) Package 4 Lot A. The
application must include a bank draft drawn in favour of General Manager,
Ceylon Electricity Board, for the amount of LKR 1,500.00 (domestic delivery) or
US$ 34 (overseas delivery). The document will be sent by courier. No liability will
be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. Deliver your bid:
• To the address indicated above.
• On or before the deadline: 02 of December 2016, 10:00 a.m. , Sri Lanka
Standard Time (SLST)
• Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document
(Section 2: Bid Data Sheet Clause ITB 21.1)
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidders’ representatives or their authorized representatives who choose to attend at the
bid opening at the Office of Deputy General Manager (R&D).
In case the day of final Bid submission falls on a public holiday, the final Bid submission
date shall be following working day.
Late Bids shall be rejected.
7. When comparing Bids, ADB Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance
with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
8. CEB will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection
with the preparation or delivery of Bids.