Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2
| Published December 5, 2016 - Deadline January 30, 2017
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has received
financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Greater Colombo
Water and Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2. Part
of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to
bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. The Chairman, Project Procurement Committee; Greater Colombo Water &
Wastewater Management Improvement Investment Programme, on behalf of The Chairman,
National Water Supply and Drainage Board, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified
bidders for the subject contract.
3. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single-Stage: Two Envelope bidding procedure (NCB/1S2E) and is open to all eligible Bidders
from eligible source countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• The Bidder shall have a minimum average annual construction turnover of LKR 350
Million, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or
completed, within last three (03) years.
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, liquid assets, lines of credit, or
other financial resources (other than any contractual advance payments) to meet the
Bidder’s monthly financial resources requirement of LKR 75 million.
• The Bidder shall have experience in Supply and Installation of pumping sets, electrical
control systems, instrumentation and associated works.
• Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially
completed within the last eight (08) years and that is similar to the proposed works,
where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds LKR 125 Mn. The similarity of the
Date: 5 December 2016
3029-SRI: Greater Colombo Water and Wastewater Management
Improvement Investment Program – Tranche 2
Supply & Installation of Pumping System with Associated Mechanical,
Electrical and Instrumentation Works in Proposed Pump House at Ellie
House Reservoir Premises
30 January 2017, 10:00 hours (Local time)
Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, Complexity,
methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding document
between from 9:00 to 15:00 Hrs. on all working days at the following address:
Assistant General Manager (Tenders & Contracts)
National Water Supply & Drainage Board
Street Address: Galle Road
Floor/Room number: 2nd Floor
Ratmalana, Sri Lanka
Telephone: 011 2 635885 / 011 2 638999 Ext. 1750 or
Facsimile number +94 11-2635885
6. Bidders may purchase the Bidding Document, in English language, between 9.00 a.m. to
3.00 p.m. on all working days upon the submission of a written application to the address of
“Assistant General Manager (Tenders and Contracts), National Water Supply and Drainage
Board, Ratmalana”, and upon the payment of a non-refundable fee of LKR 25,000 plus VAT in
cash or Bank Draft in favour of National Water Supply and Drainage Board up to 3.00 p.m. on
29 January 2017.
7. A pre-bid meeting shall take place followed by a Site Visit conducted by the Employer at
10:00 Hrs on 4 January 2017 at Project Management Unit Office, GCWWMIIP, NWSDB, N0. 65,
St. Lawrence Road, Colombo 06. All bidders are strongly advised to attend this pre-bid meeting.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 119 days and the bid security shall be valid for a period
of 147 days from the date of closing of bids.
9. Deliver bids:
• At the address above
• on or before 10:00 Hrs on 30 January 2017
• together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document (Data
Sheet) and as per the given format.
10. Late bids shall be rejected. The Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’
representatives who choose to attend at the address above, at 10:00 Hrs on 30 January 2017.
11. The National Water Supply and Drainage Board will not be responsible for any costs or
expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation, attendance at pre-bid meeting,
or delivery of bids.