Town Electrification Investment Program-Tranche 2
| Published August 26, 2016 - Deadline October 12, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Independent State of Papua New Guinea has received a loan from the "Asian
Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of the Town Electrification Investment Program –
Tranche 2 (TEIP). Part of this loan will be used for payments under the contract named above.
Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB.
2. PNG Power Limited ("the Employer") invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the
design, supply, construction, installation, testing and commissioning of a complete hydro power
plant ("the Facilities").
The works will consist of the engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning
of a run-of-river type hydropower facility located in Buka, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, in
Papua New Guinea. The project has an installed capacity of 3 MW with a design discharge of
5.0 m3/s and a gross head of 65 m with two sets of turbine generator units and all equipment
necessary to generate and transmit the electricity.
The major work consists of complete design, engineering, procurement and construction of
• civil works - all temporary works for the construction, access road, weir, intake,
sedimentation basin, forebay, spillway, low pressure waterways, above ground
powerhouse, tailrace and switchyard including architectural and utilities etc.;
• hydromechanical works - screens, inlet and outlet gates, stoplogs, steel
penstock (including support works) and valves etc.;
• mechanical works - two sets of 1.7 MW Francis turbine, inlet valves, governor
system, cooling and lubrication system, braking system, bearings and overhead
traveling crane with all auxiliary equipment necessary for proper and safe
operation and spare parts etc.; and
• electrical works - two sets of 1.5 MW, 3.3 kV horizontal shaft generators and 1.8
MVA 3.3/33kV transformers, voltage equipment, 415 V AC and 48 V DC
distribution system, earthing and lightning protection station auxiliary supply
transformer, 75 kVA, 415 V diesel generator, control, instrumentation and
protection system, communication and data transmission system, 33 kV
switchyard equipment, 33 kV overhead distribution line including OPGW wire and
Date: 26 August 2016
41504 -PNG: Town Electrification Investment Program-Tranche 2
RHPP - ICBV2 - 01/16, EPC of Ramazon Hydropower Project
12 October 2016 at 2:00 pm (Port Moresby, PNG time)
all auxiliary equipment necessary for proper and safe operation and spare parts
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-
Stage: One –Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source
countries of ADB.
4. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Mr. Francis Mamia
PNG Power Ltd National Office
Project Management Unit
Corner Wards Road and Cordia Street, Hohola
NATIONAL CAPITAL DISTRICT, Port Moresby
Papua New Guinea
Telephone: (+675) 324 3533
Facsimile: (+675) 323 4974
5. To purchase a complete set of bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
• Write to the address above requesting the electronic copies of bidding
documents in CD-ROM for RHPP – ICBV2 - 01/16, "Engineering, Procurement
and Construction of Ramazon Hydro Power Project in Buka, Autonomous Region
of Bougainville of Papua New Guinea".
• Pay a non-refundable fee of K150 (Kina One Fifty) or USD 50 [Fifty United States
Dollar] by cash, telegraphic transfer, bank deposit, or cashable cheque made
payable to the following:
Account Name: TEIP Trust Account
Bank: Bank South Pacific
Branch No: 008 943
Account No: 1003531124
Swift code: BOSPPGP
• The complete set of bidding documents will be available from 29 August 2016 up
to 05 October 2016 during office working hours.
• The electronic copies of bidding document in CD-ROM will be sent by airmail and
courier, if required by the bidders, after paying the additional shipping cost of
USD50. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. Deliver your bids:
• to the address above
• on or before the deadline: 12 October 2016 at 2:00 pm (local time)
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
• Electronic submission of Bids is not allowed.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidders' Representatives who choose to attend.
7. When comparing Bids, ADB's Domestic Preference shall not be applied in this bid as
stated in the BDS of the Bidding Document.
8. A pre-bid meeting will be held at PNG Power Ltd National Office in Port Moresby, PNG
on 12 September 2016, 09:00 A.M, followed by a site visit from 13 - 14 September 2016, 9:00