Department of the Navy, Naval Sea Systems Command | Published January 29, 2015 - Deadline February 13, 2015
This is a synopsis/pre-solicitation notice for Intelligent Displays prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 5.207, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.
NSWCCD Philadelphia intends to negotiate and award a firm fixed price (FFP) contract to Liedos, Inc. 11951 Freedom Drive Reston, VA 20190-5640, on a sole source basis to procure up to 120 each Intelligent Displays for LPD-17 Fire Detection System.
These displays must meet the following requirements:
- One (1) Touch Screen Display PC (including display, internal computer, processor, network cards, motherboard and internal data storage device). All parts must be solid state and passively cooled (i.e. active cooling and vent openings are not acceptable). Display must be at least 20" but not to exceed 27".
- One (1) integrated mouse device
- Three (3) External USB ports
- Two (2) internal Network Interface Cards with internal multimode fiber optic connections for communication across redundant fiber optic networks
- One (1) DB-9 connector or equivalent converter for serial communication data transmission to/from an external CS3000 Fire Alarm Control Panel
In addition these displays must meet the following testing requirements:
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SPECIFICATIONS
- MIL-S-901D Shock Tests, H.I. (High Impact); Shipboard Machinery, Equipment and Systems.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE STANDARDS
- MIL-STD-167-1A Mechanical Vibrations of Shipboard Equipment (Type I - Environmental and Type II - Internally Excited)
- MIL-STD-461F Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
- MIL-STD-810F Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
This Leidos System will meet all of the operational and integration requirements of the LPD-17 Class fire detection system. The Leidos 20.1" Display has been proven to be uniquely capable of operating in harsh environments and meeting LPD-17 class fire detection system integration requirements.
Therefore the Government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source under authority of FAR 6.303-2(b) (4). Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit proposals. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals and does not constitute a solicitation. However, all proposals received within fifteen (15) days after date of publication of this synopsis will be considered by the Government.
A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed action based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement.
The required period of performance for the Intelligent Displays is a one year base period and four one year option periods. The NAICS Code for this procurement is 541330.